Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 1258015 times)

johnnycool

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #16935 on: June 22, 2020, 07:31:38 PM »
A door count placed the attendance at 6,116.

Of those:
  • 2,837 were paid gig actors
  • 986 were Trump Campaign 2020
  • 532 were WH/Trump propaganda machine employees
  • 183 were plainclothes security

Meaning:

1,578 were total real attendees!

Is that really a thing?

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16936 on: June 22, 2020, 07:49:43 PM »
No idea, but it wouldn't surprise me. He has been known to pay people from minorities to show up and cheer for him.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #16937 on: June 22, 2020, 08:18:08 PM »
Just in case anyone thinks defunding the police is a good idea for the big cities, just look at what happened in Chicago this  weekend-

104 shot
14 dead

(Including a 3 year old and a 13 year old)

But their lives donít seem to matter to the rent a mob we saw out a few weeks ago (and Iím talking about the rioters and looters, not ordinary protestors)

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #16938 on: June 22, 2020, 08:59:27 PM »
Just in case anyone thinks defunding the police is a good idea for the big cities, just look at what happened in Chicago this  weekend-

104 shot
14 dead

But their lives donít seem to matter to the rent a mob we saw out a few weeks ago (and Iím talking about the rioters and looters, not ordinary protestors)
new York shootings gone up 350% from same time last year but warren wilhelm jr is more interested in tearing down teddy Roosevelt statues .

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #16939 on: June 22, 2020, 09:02:36 PM »
Hopefully this is a less annoying format.

2020 winner:

Trump 8/13
Sanders 4/1
Bloomberg 9/1
Biden 20/1

Trump: 8/13
Sanders: 7/2 (3.5/1)
Bloomberg: 8/1
Biden: 22/1

Sanders: 3/1
Bloomberg: 10/1
Biden: 25/1

Sanders: 29/10 (2.9/1)
Bloomberg: 10/1
Biden: 28/1

Bloomberg: 12/1
Biden: 12/1

Sanders: 10/3 (3.3/1)
Biden: 9/1
Bloomberg: 12/1

Trump: 4/6
Biden: 13/2 (6.5/1)
Bloomberg: 16/1

Trump: 4/5
Biden: 13/8 (1.6/1)
Sanders: 16/1

Trump: 10/11
Biden: 6/4
Sanders: 18/1

Trump: 4/5
Biden: 13/8 (1.6/1)
Sanders: 16/1

Trump: 10/11 (1/1.1)
Biden: 13/10 (1.3/1)
Sanders: No longer in the top 4

Trump: 1/1
Biden: 15/13
Sanders: 50/1
Deval Patrick: 50/1

Trump: 11/10
Biden: 11/10
Sanders: 33/1
Deval Patrick: 33/1

Mike Pence: 33/1
Sanders: 40/1

Trump: 1/1

Trump: 10/11
Biden: 5/4

Trump 1/1
Biden 5/4

Trump: 11/10 (1.1/1)
Biden: 15/13 (1.15/1)

Biden 11/10 (1.1/1)

Biden: 1/1

Biden: 19/20

Biden: 10/11
Trump: 5/4 (1.25/1)

Biden: 7/8
Trump: 5/4 (1.25/1)

Biden: 14/19
Trump: 6/4 (1.5/1)

Trump's odds now are the same that Biden's were in early March before the states started locking down.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 09:29:15 PM by Eamonnca1 »

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #16940 on: June 22, 2020, 09:04:22 PM »

104 shot
14 dead

new York shootings gone up 350% from same time last year but warren wilhelm jr is more interested in tearing down teddy Roosevelt statues .

A lot of the people on here seem to think that American cops spend their time putting pensioners out of pubs 15 minutes after closing time and breaking up rows outside chippers the night of the inter cert results disco

Spike Lee called it Chiraq for a reason

dec

• View Profile
« Reply #16941 on: June 22, 2020, 09:08:48 PM »
Eamonnca1 neater format but the dates seem to be reversed, Sanders and Bloomberg in June and only Trump and Biden back in February.

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #16942 on: June 22, 2020, 09:14:28 PM »
Ah yes, I need to flip them.

Thanks.

Update: Fixed.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 09:26:42 PM by Eamonnca1 »

dec

• View Profile
« Reply #16943 on: June 22, 2020, 09:29:29 PM »
I'm torn about whether or not I should get John "let's invade Iraq" Bolton's book. Maybe I can pick up a second-hand printed copy.
Hopefully somebody does a Cathal McCarron on it and puts the PDF of it up on the internet.

There are links to PDFs and epub format files on twitter.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #16944 on: June 23, 2020, 01:02:40 AM »

104 shot
14 dead

I didnít know who the f**k you were talking about and had to look up the name to see itís DeBlasioís childhood given name.

Do you find that using it strengthens your ďpointĒ in some way?

Iíve been following the Teddy Roosevelt statue discussions over the past few years as Iím a long time member of the American Museum of Natural History and an admirer of Roosevelt. It was AMNH who proposed its removal based on the discussions. Rooseveltís family, including his great-grandson, TR IV, who sits on the board, agree. They put it to the city and they then agreed; the statue is city property. The statue itself is the issue, not Roosevelt, who will still be central at the museum. Itís him on a horse, flanked by a walking Native American and East African tribesman. DeBlasio has NOT been at the forefront of this.

And perhaps if you googled him by his real name, youíd see he has taken quite a lot of flack in recent weeks for defending the NYPD.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #16945 on: June 23, 2020, 02:04:55 AM »

104 shot
14 dead

I didnít know who the f**k you were talking about and had to look up the name to see itís DeBlasioís childhood given name.

Iíve been following the Teddy Roosevelt statue discussions over the past few years as Iím a long time member of the American Museum of Natural History and an admirer of Roosevelt. It was AMNH who proposed its removal based on the discussions. Rooseveltís family, including his great-grandson, TR IV, who sits on the board, agree. They put it to the city and they then agreed; the statue is city property. The statue itself is the issue, not Roosevelt, who will still be central at the museum. Itís him on a horse, flanked by a walking Native American and East African tribesman. DeBlasio has NOT been at the forefront of this.

And perhaps if you googled him by his real name, youíd see he has taken quite a lot of flack in recent weeks for defending the NYPD.

LOL-how can you live in NYC  and not know who Warren Wilhelm is?

Anyway I see your homie Shaun King is calling for statues of Jesus to be taken down and stained glass windows removed

Your people are becoming completely unhinged.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #16946 on: June 23, 2020, 02:21:40 AM »

104 shot
14 dead

LOL-how can you live in NYC  and not know who Warren Wilhelm is?

Anyway I see your homie Shaun King is calling for statues of Jesus to be taken down and stained glass windows removed

Your people are becoming completely unhinged.

Why would I know DeBlasioís original name?

I never heard of Shaun King. How is he supposed to be ďmy homeyĒ?

But from a google search I see he is complaining about Jesus being depicted as  white European.

Itís a fair complaint, albeit it relatively trivial and one I donít care about as Iím an atheist.

Iíd be far more worried about your own side when itís come to lunacy though.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #16947 on: June 23, 2020, 02:32:49 AM »
I donít have a side, Iím a registered Independent

You guys are supposedly going to walk away with this thing in November, donít screw it up

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #16948 on: June 23, 2020, 02:38:09 AM »

You guys are supposedly going to walk away with this thing in November, donít screw it up

Youíre a conservative, a movement now owned lock, stock and barrel by Donald Trump and his cult of personality.

There may be plenty of kooks and whack jobs on the liberal side too, but at least the national party as a whole is fairly sane and mainstream.

Iíve never said this will be a landslide or easy election in any way.

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #16949 on: June 23, 2020, 02:58:17 AM »

Youíre a conservative, a movement now owned lock, stock and barrel by Donald Trump and his cult of personality.

There may be plenty of kooks and whack jobs on the liberal side too, but at least the national party as a whole is fairly sane and mainstream.

Iíve never said this will be a landslide or easy election in any way.
who is the leader of the liberal movement right now ?