Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 1146868 times)

J70

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #16245 on: May 22, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
And what would you say to the former members of Trumps National Security team who publicly state on National TV that the Biden Ukrainian dossier is true, but while under oath admit that very little of it is true

And what about the Republican congressional candidate, ( a former member of Trumps National Security Team) who goes on Morning Joe and claims she saw evidence with her own Two eyes of the Biden’s colluding with Ukraine, yet under oath admits she saw no such evidence.

How many more of these are there going to be?

Just post the actual thing you're on about and be done with it.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #16246 on: May 22, 2020, 07:12:34 PM »
"Today I’m identifying houses of worship - churches, synagogues and mosques - as essential places that provide essential services," Trump said during a hastily arranged press conference Friday. He said if governors don't abide by his request, he will “override" them.

http://hudsonvalley.news12.com/story/42164970/president-trump-calls-on-churches-to-reopen-this-weekend

Someone is getting notions about the extent of his power.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #16247 on: May 22, 2020, 07:24:32 PM »
Jaysus.....did you see poor Crazy Uncle Joe put his foot in it big time today

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #16248 on: May 22, 2020, 07:25:48 PM »
Jaysus.....did you see poor Crazy Uncle Joe put his foot in it big time today

What did he say?

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #16249 on: May 22, 2020, 07:28:28 PM »
‘If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’

Poorly worded, to say the least!

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #16250 on: May 22, 2020, 08:20:57 PM »
‘If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’

joe needs to put the shades back on and head to the basement again.
The problem with voting for joe and he has said it himself is he is only a seat filler and his Vice President will be running the country in a matter of months or a year after the election.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #16251 on: May 22, 2020, 08:57:12 PM »

joe needs to put the shades back on and head to the basement again.
The problem with voting for joe and he has said it himself is he is only a seat filler and his Vice President will be running the country in a matter of months or a year after the election.

Biden is a gaffe machine. Thankfully they're mostly relatively harmless, either word salad a la GW Bush or dinosaur flashbacks to another time.

I remember there being quite a few nerves about how he'd handle Palin in their debate in 2008, but he managed to pull it off without sticking his foot in it.

I honestly don't remember anything about him and Ryan in 2012.

This time out... we'll see.

Like I've said here before, the lockdown has actually been kind to him. He'll have to start venturing out soon, at least into the media.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:59:23 PM by J70 »

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #16252 on: May 22, 2020, 09:04:27 PM »
He demolished Ryan in the debate and then gave a rousing finale at the DNC convention (while the Republicans finale was like wtf is this old guy speaking to an empty chair for-cringeworthy$

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: May 23, 2020, 12:24:38 AM »
The thing is, from the evidence we've seen with our own two eyes, it's very possible that Trump genuinely does want a hell of a lot of people to die - the evidence of his entire life proves that he loves inflicting pain on other people, and his regime is full of end times cultists.
I wasn't wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/may/22/hydroxychloroquine-trumps-covid-19-cure-increases-deaths-global-study-finds

Hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malarial drug Donald Trump is taking to prevent Covid-19, has increased deaths in patients treated with it in hospitals around the world, a study has shown.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: May 24, 2020, 01:58:36 AM »

This study was by Columbia University. Trump has now called Columbia University a “liberal, disgraceful institution” because some of its scholars came to a conclusion he doesn’t like.

Aspiring dictators always turn uncomfortable truths into questions of motive on the part of those who voice them.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: May 24, 2020, 10:01:04 PM »
Today he’s basically accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering an intern twenty years ago.

Hope the GOP is proud.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: May 24, 2020, 10:58:05 PM »
Today he’s basically accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering an intern twenty years ago.

Hope the GOP is proud.
Let's just call this for what it is. He's deliberately inciting his cultists to go and murder Scarborough. Trump has been connected to the mafia for decades so he uses mafia tactics against people he doesn't like. Physical threats, intimidation the constant spectre of violence and the flaunting of lawlessness are the core of Trump's tactics. The classic hallmarks of fascism.

And given the piss weak treatment he gets in most of the US media, it works.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: May 25, 2020, 04:13:10 AM »
Good to see he was able to get a couple of rounds in this weekend

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: May 25, 2020, 10:56:18 AM »

He’s working so hard, I’m glad you don’t begrudge him a little down time

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16259 on: May 25, 2020, 09:34:59 PM »

He’s working so hard, I’m glad you don’t begrudge him a little down time

Yep. It's hard work watching TV and tweeting all day. No wonder he looked so bored in every meeting. He'd rather be out on the course.