The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 14, 2020, 03:35:10 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 14, 2020, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on April 14, 2020, 03:24:27 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/news/ny-times-editor-says-biden-sexual-assault-article-was-edited-after-his-campaign-complained/amp/

LOL

"NY Times Editor Says Biden Sexual-Assault Article Was Edited after His Campaign Complained"

And?

The NR piece is a hell of a lot less breathless than your triumphant posts on this.

It proves that The NY Times is nothing less than the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party and is on a par with Fox News and OAN

It doesn't prove anything like that, any more than the likes of the WSJ is the propaganda arm of the GOP and also on a par with Fox News and OAN, but go ahead and believe that if you must.

One of these days you're going to shock us all and actually argue for conservative policies and principles, rather than your repeated "the Dems are nasty and evil" and "the lamestream media is biased".

BTW, Fox News is the height of journalistic impartiality and integrity compared to OAN.

whitey

I actually dislike both parties equally-they are both fvckin trash

All you hear in here is Democrat Good/Republican Bad

Gabriel_Hurl

Putting anyone on a par with this FFS

Quotehttps://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1240687017433825285

The OANN reporter Chanel Rion - who has access to the daily press briefings -  files an investigative report (i.e. a massive conspiracy theory) about the source of the corona virus.

She credits "Greg Rubini, a citizen investigator and monitored source amongst a certain set in the D.C. intelligence community" who thinks the virus was developed at University of North Carolina and exported to China and Italy to discredit Trump.

Rubini is a noted conspiracy theorist on Twitter.

During her interview they flash a picture of Rubini looking serious and studious and committed.

But it's actually a picture of the actor Kier Dullea taken from "2001 A Space Odyssey". That's the picture Rubini uses as his profile picture on his Twitter account.

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 14, 2020, 03:51:48 PM
I actually dislike both parties equally-they are both fvckin trash

All you hear in here is Democrat Good/Republican Bad

No doubt, but that is in line with the fact that we are almost all Irish and grew up with a fairly centrist style of politics. Outside of the DUP being close to the religious right section of the American right, there is no tradition in Ireland which compares to American conservatism. A lot of their views and policies are, quite frankly, batshit crazy to most of us, particularly over the past ten years as the anti-intellectualism and conspiracy theorizing has entrenched itself in the GOP, most obviously under Trump.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 14, 2020, 03:55:37 PM

The OANN reporter Chanel Rion - who has access to the daily press briefings -  files an investigative report (i.e. a massive conspiracy theory) about the source of the corona virus.

She credits "Greg Rubini, a citizen investigator and monitored source amongst a certain set in the D.C. intelligence community" who thinks the virus was developed at University of North Carolina and exported to China and Italy to discredit Trump.

During her interview they flash a picture of Rubini looking serious and studious and committed.

But it's actually a picture of the actor Kier Dullea taken from "2001 A Space Odyssey". That's the picture Rubini uses as his profile picture on his Twitter account.

Watch the John Oliver link I posted the other day on this thread.

It is f**king mind-boggling what OAN is putting out!

The fact that Trump is calling on their "reporter" in press conferences and giving them shout-outs on Twitter is a sad indictment of the state of the US presidency at the moment.

Boycey

What's Donald going to do for an encore tonight, let's face it last night is a hard act to follow....

J70

Quote from: Boycey on April 14, 2020, 09:25:11 PM
What's Donald going to do for an encore tonight, let's face it last night is a hard act to follow....

Well he was raving on about governors mutineering this morning.

He seems to be somehow under the impression that he is their boss and that there is a chain of command (and no doubt, in his mind, owed loyalty and obedience).

screenexile

It's bonkers people who have really important jobs during a pandemic and they have to stand there wasting 2 hours of the day listening to that dumb f**k tell everyone that he knows more than them...

It's crazy surely his people need to bench him and have the experts lead a 45 min max press conference.

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on April 14, 2020, 09:43:28 PM
It's bonkers people who have really important jobs during a pandemic and they have to stand there wasting 2 hours of the day listening to that dumb f**k tell everyone that he knows more than them...

It's crazy surely his people need to bench him and have the experts lead a 45 min max press conference.

It's all about his ratings.....

Good take on last night https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52276004

Gabriel_Hurl

whitey

Actually the 2 doctors are excellent and seem to be very much on top of things

I cannot even watch him at this stage

Boycey

Two minutes it took him to go off on one ..

I can watch no more!!

screenexile

"The great Vince McMahon"

Jesus!!

Itchy

Quote from: J70 on April 14, 2020, 04:13:42 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 14, 2020, 03:55:37 PM

Watch the John Oliver link I posted the other day on this thread.

It is f**king mind-boggling what OAN is putting out!

The fact that Trump is calling on their "reporter" in press conferences and giving them shout-outs on Twitter is a sad indictment of the state of the US presidency at the moment.

Sad indictment of the millions of morons that put that president there more like. Can that country get any more stupid I wonder.

HiMucker

Holy Christ. More fireworks tonight :o