Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 1094916 times)

J70

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #15435 on: March 25, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »
You mean the same Democrats who Trump and the right were, until little over a week ago, accusing of hyping up the danger and creating a new "hoax" to tank the market and finally get Trump?
As for Cuomo, he has been superb through all of this. A proper leader in a difficult time, like Guiliani was before him after 9/11 (let's hope he doesn't disgrace himself later like Giuliani did). For now, Cuomo needs Trump. I'd say that has been the primary reason for not going too hard on him. As the daily briefings currently exhibit (Pence, if he has an ounce of dignity and self-awareness, must die a little inside during each press conference), you have to bow down and flatter, publicly, to get anywhere with Trump. The Times published a long article on the ventilator issue more than a week ago. If Trump wants to fall back on the findings of a long-standing state health committee that produced the 2015 analysis, let him, but that does not excuse his performance to date. What will he do when its a Republican governor with the same problem? Its not like it hasn't been a widespread issue.
DeBlasio - I'm not sure how many pay attention to anything he says. Like Trump, he has been completely upstaged by Cuomo, again, and became irrelevant when Cuomo made him finally shut the schools.

Trump fvcked this up royally, but the Democrats are playing right into his hands by continually blaming him for $hit that was/is outside his control.

DeBlasio and the ventilators is just the best example where Trump can throw it right back at them with spades

ďIt's a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle "Buffalo Billion" solar panel factoryĒ-per the Politico article

Which is why DeBlasio should shut the f**k up on this issue and leave it to smarter, calmer heads like Cuomo and Newsome and, on the GOP side DeWine.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: March 25, 2020, 06:36:12 PM »
Trump wants the US "raring to go by Easter".

Deluded.
There is no way he can get reelected

LOL-thatís what people said in 2016 (minus ďreĒ)

If 1/2 of what is being said is true about what the Democrats tried to slip into the stimulus Bill, then they just handed Trump around 5 points in November

Is it more funding for prison sex-change operations? That's one particular thing you seem very interested in.

https://youtu.be/JtPQQjj01kM

Bill Maher is getting more funding? Why?

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: March 25, 2020, 07:07:09 PM »

Deluded.

LOL-thatís what people said in 2016 (minus ďreĒ)

If 1/2 of what is being said is true about what the Democrats tried to slip into the stimulus Bill, then they just handed Trump around 5 points in November

Is it more funding for prison sex-change operations? That's one particular thing you seem very interested in.

https://youtu.be/JtPQQjj01kM

Bill Maher is getting more funding? Why?

Iím not the only one who thinks itís a ridiculous policy position to have

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #15438 on: March 25, 2020, 07:19:22 PM »

Deluded.
No way? Every chance he will get re-elected. America is full of buffoons like Trump let's not forget.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: March 25, 2020, 07:22:06 PM »

I didn't realise people still cared about what Bill Maher has to say

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: March 25, 2020, 07:34:15 PM »

Maher hasn't a clue about a lot of things on certain topics. Palestine, medicine (he's an anti-vaxxer), the value of blue sky research and space exploration, etc..

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: March 25, 2020, 07:43:41 PM »

the sheep in the crowd liked it but if he quoted warrens talking points they would probably cheer too. Sad

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: March 25, 2020, 08:01:05 PM »

Deluded.
No way? Every chance he will get re-elected. America is full of buffoons like Trump let's not forget.

60% approval for his handling of the crisis according to a recent Pew Research poll

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #15443 on: March 25, 2020, 08:04:03 PM »

Maher hasn't a clue about a lot of things on certain topics. Palestine, medicine (he's an anti-vaxxer), the value of blue sky research and space exploration, etc..

So in the clip he refers to actual Democratic candidates policy positions

(1) letting the Boston Marathon Bomber vote

(2) Taxpayer funded sex changes for prisoners

(3) Abortions for men

And you wonder why Trump actually has a chance of winning again? LOL

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: March 25, 2020, 08:05:58 PM »

Deluded.

60% approval for his handling of the crisis according to a recent Pew Research poll

Disapproval has not dipped below 50% since March 2017 according to an average of all the polls:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #15445 on: March 26, 2020, 12:20:22 PM »

(3) Abortions for men

You keep bringing up these red herrings as if they were central policy planks of the Democratic party and priorities for the campaign. I guess you have to have something to justify in your mind your defense of the indefensible when it comes to Trump and the GOP and their actual, real policy positions and governance.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: March 26, 2020, 12:33:15 PM »
New York nurse on now, wow! Trump is saying theyíll be sorted by Easter and sheís losing the plot!

She says they are dealing with the virus in hospitals without proper PPE! How does he get away with it really?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: March 26, 2020, 01:07:52 PM »
New York nurse on now, wow! Trump is saying theyíll be sorted by Easter and sheís losing the plot!

She says they are dealing with the virus in hospitals without proper PPE! How does he get away with it really?

Can't blame all of the PPE issues on Trump. Plenty of that to go around. There are a lot of people, all over the political spectrum at all levels, and among the general public too, who are going to have questions to answer on the ability or inability of hospitals to cope, whether its PPE, ventilators, staff numbers or beds. I expect that will be the same in most countries.

Doesn't mean Trump hasn't been an idiot in his response to the crisis though. He has.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: March 26, 2020, 02:05:58 PM »

(3) Abortions for men

You keep bringing up these red herrings as if they were central policy planks of the Democratic party and priorities for the campaign. I guess you have to have something to justify in your mind your defense of the indefensible when it comes to Trump and the GOP and their actual, real policy positions and governance.

Well they were all discussed during various Democratic debates as far as I know, so if they donít want to own it, then they should shut the fvck up about it.

Elizabeth Warren is also on the record as saying that she would allow transgender children select her cabinet members

(When Trump makes some off the wall comment don't the media and the Democrats try and stick every single Republican with the same position.....even though we know theyíre actually not positions at all, just Trum having diarrhea of the mouth)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:10:24 PM by whitey »

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: March 26, 2020, 02:26:04 PM »
Your point might be valid if the entire GOP wasnít lying prostrate before Trump. Trump IS the Republican Party. There is barely an utterance or policy from him that they canít indulge and rationalize, no matter how repugnant, self-serving, bigoted or inhumane. Occasional critics like Romney and Amash are sidelined and shunned. Others end up giving up their seats as they canít win if theyíre down with Trump. There is no such lockstep in the Democratic side.