Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Are you sure that's what that is?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 02, 2019, 07:50:26 PM
Delighted he's not resigning.

Shows the Democrats up for what they are and the double standards they play by

What a pile of shit, but not for a second surprising from the lad whose only political ethos appears to be that Democrats are also nasty hypocrites.

Calls came from all over the Democratic political spectrum, in Virginia and Capital Hill, for him to resign.

Meanwhile, the GOP happily chugs away with Steve King, who has a long track record of racist political statements, only finally admonished, and then gently, when he crossed what is apparently some kind of Rubicon for the Republicans with this white supremacist statement.

And we'll not get into the occupant of the White House, who was sued by the government in the 70s, for racial discrimination in his real estate properties, while also courting David Duke and the alt-right in more recent years, and the overall southern strategy of the GOP.

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 02, 2019, 02:49:40 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 02, 2019, 01:16:38 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 01, 2019, 10:10:43 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 01, 2019, 10:05:25 PM
It was locker-room talk.

Unlike Kavanaugh, he was a grown adult when he did this

Has he lied about it though?? Nope!!

I didn't believe Kavamaugh should be hung for his crimes as a youngster he should have owned it and he'd have been fine and ordinarily I think this d**khead was young enough and shouldn't be subject to the same vilification either but Trump has flipped the system and the Dems need to be better than the GOP and he should do the honourable thing and resign or be told to resign.

If the Dems are going to take back control they need zero tolerance of this crap along with the Franken thing they need to call it out and shut it down...

Republicans will suffer for being seen to reward poor choices!!

It was a different time....to think back then it was actually acceptable to print this in a yearbook

All my progressive friends on Facebook who had their panties in a knot over Covington (even after the full story came out), guess what Im hearing from them tonight........CRICKETS

You must be hard up for friends. Its not the first time you've used your supposed FB friends as examples of the supposedly contemptible behaviour of liberals.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on February 02, 2019, 09:19:20 PM
It was locker-room talk.

I didn't believe Kavamaugh should be hung for his crimes as a youngster he should have owned it and he'd have been fine and ordinarily I think this d**khead was young enough and shouldn't be subject to the same vilification either but Trump has flipped the system and the Dems need to be better than the GOP and he should do the honourable thing and resign or be told to resign.

If the Dems are going to take back control they need zero tolerance of this crap along with the Franken thing they need to call it out and shut it down...

It was a different time....to think back then it was actually acceptable to print this in a yearbook

All my progressive friends on Facebook who had their panties in a knot over Covington (even after the full story came out), guess what Im hearing from them tonight........CRICKETS

You must be hard up for friends. Its not the first time you've used your supposed FB friends as examples of the supposedly contemptible behaviour of liberals.

Democrats=Good Guys

Republicans= Bad Guys

Rinse, wash, repeat

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 02, 2019, 10:05:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 02, 2019, 09:19:20 PM
It was locker-room talk.

Democrats=Good Guys

Republicans= Bad Guys

Rinse, wash, repeat

I've never said that.

You, on the other hand, are gloating over Northam trying to hang in there because it apparently allows you to rationalize and justify your "I am a conservative due to my hatred for Democrats and liberals because they're nasty hypocrites" spiel.

Never mind that everyone who matters on the Dem side is telling him to step down. Which, IMO, he will do (and should). His position is untenable. People generally do stupid shit when they're young, but in this day and age you can't condone someone appearing in blackface or a Klan costume, even if they were doing it, for example, just to be ridiculous or, in their perception, funny by donning the most blatantly offensive and insensitive costume  (think of whichever of Prince Harry or William it was who dressed up in a Hitler costume). He needs to do the right thing, apologize, fall on his sword and bow out with some dignity.

Eamonnca1

The difference between Repukelicans and Democrats is Dems call for one of their own to resign when caught up in something like this. Repukelicans circle the wagons and defend him as the victim of a "witch hunt." If he were a Repukelican he'd probably be sitting on the Supreme Court bench by now.

whitey

https://www.newsweek.com/who-shelley-joseph-judge-being-investigated-helping-immigrant-flee-arrest-ice-1242682

Seemingly a judge in MA obstructed an ICE agent from detaining a twice deported illegal up on drug charges......

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on February 02, 2019, 09:14:25 PM

What a pile of shit, but not for a second surprising from the lad whose only political ethos appears to be that Democrats are also nasty hypocrites.

Calls came from all over the Democratic political spectrum, in Virginia and Capital Hill, for him to resign.

Meanwhile, the GOP happily chugs away with Steve King, who has a long track record of racist political statements, only finally admonished, and then gently, when he crossed what is apparently some kind of Rubicon for the Republicans with this white supremacist statement.

And we'll not get into the occupant of the White House, who was sued by the government in the 70s, for racial discrimination in his real estate properties, while also courting David Duke and the alt-right in more recent years, and the overall southern strategy of the GOP.

Come on J70. I know you want to shift the focus off Northam but the whataboutery you displayed might even make Eamonnca1 blush.
And he's completely brainwashed and bathing in the Kool-Aid.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 04, 2019, 11:21:01 AM
Quote from: J70 on February 02, 2019, 09:14:25 PM

Come on J70. I know you want to shift the focus off Northam but the whataboutery you displayed might even make Eamonnca1 blush.
And he's completely brainwashed and bathing in the Kool-Aid.

Unlike yourself who is forever making excuses for Trump and his minions (and I would suspect probably sees little wrong with what Northam actually did), I am perfectly happy for the focus to stay on Northam. Because unlike whitey's claims, the Dems have not been found wanting in this. Which is a lot more than you can say for the GOP with Trump and King and the like. And the more attention it gets, the greater the pressure there will be for him to resign.

So on the contrary, the focus is just fine.

whitey

Whether true or not, there's a story floating around on Twitter that the Lieutenant Governor has a serious sexual assault allegation in his past.....that would definitely explain Northam not wanting to resign.  Also being reported that Washington Post knew sat on the story because they couldn't verify it.  If either or both are true-it looks very bad for the left

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 04, 2019, 02:16:06 PM
Whether true or not, there's a story floating around on Twitter that the Lieutenant Governor has a serious sexual assault allegation in his past.....that would definitely explain Northam not wanting to resign.  Also being reported that Washington Post knew sat on the story because they couldn't verify it.  If either or both are true-it looks very bad for the left

Why?

Is the entire "left" defined by and beholden to a state lieutenant governor?

How long did the Post know? Presumably a 35 year old college yearbook page would require some verification, especially given what happened with Buzzfeed two weeks ago and big- time especially given that the GOP missed the boat on this in the election only a few months back (although given their candidate, perhaps they either thought little of it or felt they didn't have any moral high ground on which to stand).

whitey

(If true) they sat on the sexual assault story

As in ran the Kavanaugh story but didn't run the Fairfax story

WAPO is gutter partisan journalism at its finest and all the more  ironic given their barfable SuperBowl ad last night

Dolph1

It seems really strange that democrat supporters are more outraged with the fact that he once wore a white hood or blackface at halloween rather than his proposal to legitimize infanticide right up to the moment of birth.

Talk about getting your priorities correct, right democrats?
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 04, 2019, 04:06:36 PM
It seems really strange that democrat supporters are more outraged with the fact that he once wore a white hood or blackface at halloween rather than his proposal to legitimize infanticide right up to the moment of birth.

Talk about getting your priorities correct, right democrats?

So what exactly were you opposed to with that legislation in VA?

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 04, 2019, 04:02:48 PM
Sat on the sexual assault story

Ok... you said yourself they couldn't verify it.

Have the Post run such unverified stories in the past?

Why didn't anyone else pick up the story and make their stab at verifying it, if it has been floating out there for so long?