Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 903511 times)

Puckoon

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #13440 on: November 08, 2018, 04:54:41 PM »
He is, absolutely. But he's a necessary pantomime villain in the narrative. He's our very own window into the mindset of the average MAGA Hat wearing folks, sitting at home watching fox news wondering if they should buy silver during the commercials, or a new med alert bracelet. While also struggling with the Big Pharma commercials that the same news station keeps running.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: November 08, 2018, 04:57:28 PM »
Whitey you are on the wind up here surely  ;D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFPpM6p3D4

I guess it depends on your definition of aggressive

If a Fox News reporter did it it would be reported that she had s broken arm (joke)

It doesnít matter whatís true and false, what matters is what people think is true or false

Like the Democrats trying to pin kids in cages on Trump when the photos were taken under Obama
Report healthcare premiums are going to go down by $2500 when for some people they went up by $20k

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: November 08, 2018, 04:59:11 PM »
He is, absolutely. But he's a necessary pantomime villain in the narrative. He's our very own window into the mindset of the average MAGA Hat wearing folks, sitting at home watching fox news wondering if they should buy silver during the commercials, or a new med alert bracelet. While also struggling with the Big Pharma commercials that the same news station keeps running.

No Iím actually stuck at Phoenix airport waiting for a delayed flight bored out of my brains

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: November 08, 2018, 05:09:06 PM »

If a Fox News reporter did it it would be reported that she had s broken arm (joke)

It doesnít matter whatís true and false, what matters is what people think is true or false

Like the Democrats trying to pin kids in cages on Trump when the photos were taken under Obama
Report healthcare premiums are going to go down by $2500 when for some people they went up by $20k
It actually doesn't. But you wail away.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #13444 on: November 08, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »

1. Which Democrats reported kids in cages taken under Obama occurred under Trump?
2. Who said premiums were going down by 2500 when they went up by 20k for some? What exactly was the reporting?

I agree with you on perception. No more explicit example of that in recent decades than Trump and his tactical use of lies to motivate his base.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: November 08, 2018, 05:18:41 PM »
Has George Soros' caravan stopped or turned back yet?

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: November 08, 2018, 05:21:35 PM »
Absolutely not

CL stepped in front of a reporter and if you relied on the MSM for your information youíd have thought heíd be up for GBH for that encounter

If Brett Kavanaugh had got on the way Acosta did with a woman the Dems/media would have had a field day.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:24:50 PM by RedHand88 »

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: November 08, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »
ę It doesnít matter whatís true and false, what matters is what people think is true or false Ľ

Ok so Whitey. Say you think you are a woman.
Can you walk into the female changing rooms at your local pool?

If people believe lies they have been lied to.
And that is one reason the US canít address its gun problem.
Itís one reason the country cannot come together.
Who would want that?
They are playing you like a banjo on MWR.
Those biscuits are for the visitors

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: November 08, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »
Absolutely not

CL stepped in front of a reporter and if you relied on the MSM for your information youíd have thought heíd be up for GBH for that encounter

If Brett Kavanaugh had got on the way Acosta did with a woman the Dems/media would have had a field day.

So Jim Acosta has sexual assault allegations surrounding him too?

Puckoon

• View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: November 08, 2018, 05:32:22 PM »

No Iím actually stuck at Phoenix airport waiting for a delayed flight bored out of my brains

My point is what your viewpoints represent. Not what you're doing.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: November 08, 2018, 05:37:29 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/05/31/upshot/liberals-immigration-children-border-misinformation.amp.html

Yes, I knew about that story and remember it well from earlier this year. You yourself, predictably, tried to change the subject from Trumpís policy of tearing kids away from their mothers to a discussion about the temporary, mistaken perception that Trump had lost those kids, as if THAT story of liberal media bias was the real outrage.

But anyway, I do not see anything in that piece about the Democrats spreading the lie.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:39:02 PM by J70 »

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: November 08, 2018, 06:10:53 PM »

Please don't feel the need to inflict that feeling on others by continuing to post.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #13453 on: November 08, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »
Will the election results give rise to more outrages by white male anglo saxon protestant gun nuts?

Didn't take long :-\
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: November 08, 2018, 07:04:16 PM »
By the time I get to Phoenix
She'll be lying
She'll find the note Trump left hanging on her door
She'll laugh, when she reads the shite I post on the gaaboard
Especially the bit about believing what you want which I have posted so  many times before

By the time I fly over Albuquerque
She'll be lying
She'll probably stop at lunch,
Because food is not a matter of opinion
But she'll just hear that POTUS keep on talking shite
Off the wall, that's all
Those biscuits are for the visitors