Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 883474 times)

omochain

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #13020 on: October 06, 2018, 05:03:01 PM »
Gmac being fast and loose with the truth again re: Franken.

He wasn't filmed groping a sleeping woman

what is he doing?

You never told me where you stood on High Speed Rail.
do u have something to doing on me if u donít like the answer I give ??
In theory good but I have little faith in California getting anything done near on time or near on budget , started in 2015 for completion in 2023 so letís see

I was just trying to find something that we could agree on. I think, We almost agree about High Speed Rail.

seafoid

• View Profile
Those biscuits are for the visitors

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #13022 on: October 07, 2018, 01:30:25 PM »
https://balkin.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-vicious-entrenchment-circle.html

Depressing.

Righteous causes such as gay rights have advanced, while environmental protections have just about held on, but will they continue to buck the odds with this new court (god help us if anything happens to Ginsburg or Breyer). GOP is already doing all they can to discourage black voting and empower the rights of business over consumers, workers and the environment/public health. As for the abortion issue... Where will it end?

Maybe Iím too pessimistic. Perhaps the likes of whitey and Gmac could explain to us how a hardline conservative Supreme Court will make our lives better?

heganboy

• well hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13023 on: October 07, 2018, 02:09:55 PM »
Because the country will be better prepared for the second coming..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #13024 on: October 07, 2018, 03:19:55 PM »
https://balkin.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-vicious-entrenchment-circle.html

Depressing.

Righteous causes such as gay rights have advanced, while environmental protections have just about held on, but will they continue to buck the odds with this new court (god help us if anything happens to Ginsburg or Breyer). GOP is already doing all they can to discourage black voting and empower the rights of business over consumers, workers and the environment/public health. As for the abortion issue... Where will it end?

Maybe Iím too pessimistic. Perhaps the likes of whitey and Gmac could explain to us how a hardline conservative Supreme Court will make our lives better?
Kavanaugh and Gorsuch judge that environmental regulations are unconstitutional . This is insane.  Red States are already being hammered by climate change.
I think the GOP are too extreme to be sustainable. They betray their own voters too often.
Most of the successes of recent years will probably be rewound over time.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #13025 on: October 07, 2018, 04:30:04 PM »
The US probably needs a new constitution. Neither the Senate nor the Electoral college work as designed. The checks and balances couldnít stop Trump . The only question is how much more damage is done before the system is reformed.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #13026 on: October 07, 2018, 07:56:38 PM »
Both parties are a disgrace

Garland should have gotten a hearing and should (probably) have been confirmed

The Republicans rolled the dice and it paid off for them, but it could have backfired spectacularly

Neither party has room for moderates.....the very well liked and respected Democratic SOS in MA was viciously attacked from the left by a bloody upstart in this years primary with all kinds of crazy allegations (Google Josh Zakin/Bill Galvin if you want to learn more). I was so mad I pulled a Democratic ballot so I could vote for Galvin in the primary and will vote for him in November

The Democrats tried to pull of the dirtiest of dirty tricks with Kavanaugh and it backfired spectacularly on them. They could end up losing 4-5 senate seats over this and have completely re energized the Republican base. The might now not even take the house, but they probably will

They now believe their own bvllshit as is evidenced by the amount of nonsense spouted on here......they lose elections and now all of a sudden the system isnít fair-lol.

The republicans also sicken my $hite with their faux patriotism and catering to the lowest common denominator among their base
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:59:20 PM by whitey »

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #13027 on: October 07, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »

The Republicans rolled the dice and it paid off for them, but it could have backfired spectacularly

Neither party has room for moderates.....the very well liked and respected Democratic SOS in MA was viciously attacked from the left by a bloody upstart in this years primary with all kinds of crazy allegations (Google Josh Zakin/Bill Galvin if you want to learn more). I was so mad I pulled a Democratic ballot so I could vote for Galvin in the primary and will vote for him in November

The Democrats tried to pull of the dirtiest of dirty tricks with Kavanaugh and it backfired spectacularly on them. They could end up losing 4-5 senate seats over this and have completely re energized the Republican base. The might now not even take the house, but they probably will

They now believe their own bvllshit as is evidenced by the amount of nonsense spouted on here......they lose elections and now all of a sudden the system isnít fair-lol.

The republicans also sicken my $hite with their faux patriotism and catering to the lowest common denominator among their base

The Republicans probably rim your hole, Whitey, based on your posting.
And there are plenty of moderates in the Dems.

The GOP is the problem.

seafoid

• View Profile

joemamas

• View Profile
« Reply #13029 on: October 08, 2018, 02:38:47 PM »

The GOP is the problem.

I love how somebody who lives in Ireland is so infatuated, and so much more knowledgeable on US politics than somebody living here.
but then again likes most Dems you are probably intellectually superior to the rest of us.  ::)

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #13030 on: October 08, 2018, 03:03:08 PM »

The GOP is the problem.

I love how somebody who lives in Ireland is so infatuated, and so much more knowledgeable on US politics than somebody living here.
but then again likes most Dems you are probably intellectually superior to the rest of us.  ::)
It seems to me there are many, many people living in Ireland and elsewhere a hell of a lot more knowledgable about US politics than most people who live in the US.

Why is it that pro-Republican posters have such a weird paranoia complex about other people having their say?

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #13031 on: October 08, 2018, 03:20:51 PM »

The GOP is the problem.

It seems to me there are many, many people living in Ireland and elsewhere a hell of a lot more knowledgable about US politics than most people who live in the US.

Why is it that pro-Republican posters have such a weird paranoia complex about other people having their say?

;D ;D ;D ;D

I dont vote but certainly wouldn't lean that way, but that is hilarious.
Tho to be fair the funniest thing about it is.... I probably thought that too at a point

But I guess it all hinges on what figure would you put on "many many" ?

Anyway maybe you give us a quick rundown of the Paelo and Neo Cons?

And when your finished would you tell me the difference between Libertarians and Anarchists?

The other aspect of it is Most Americans wouldn't give a toss about Irish or European politics. I would safely say that most Californians wouldn't even know what Northern Ireland is. And the thing is... why would they?

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #13032 on: October 08, 2018, 04:54:07 PM »

The GOP is the problem.

If you regard regurgitation of CNN talking points as akin to knowledgeable Iím sure youíre onto something

Oraisteach

• View Profile
« Reply #13033 on: October 08, 2018, 06:04:01 PM »
Again, whitey, tell me the primary sources of your information.

heganboy

• well hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13034 on: October 08, 2018, 07:45:27 PM »

I love how somebody who lives in Ireland is so infatuated, and so much more knowledgeable on US politics than somebody living here. But then again likes most Dems you are probably intellectually superior to the rest of us.  ::)

I love it too, maybe you could love it enough to get as knowledgeable yourself? I don't think the issue is intellectual superiority, but probably more around level of effort to get facts from factual sources.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity