The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

I see some of the usual suspects embarassing themselves as usual on sexual assault.

Have the fûcking balls to believe the woman when she is quite clearly very believable. Fin.

RedHand88

Quote from: Syferus on September 27, 2018, 11:11:00 PM
I see some of the usual suspects embarassing themselves as usual on sexual assault.

Have the fûcking balls to believe the woman when she is quiet clearly very believable. Fin.

I lean to him but what makes you 100% convinced she's telling the truth?

Gmac

Her ties to the CIA and her brothers ties to company involved with fusion gps all has to come out yet
The Dems are despicable

Therealdonald

Quote from: Gmac on September 27, 2018, 11:23:58 PM
Her ties to the CIA and her brothers ties to company involved with fusion gps all has to come out yet
The Dems are despicable

Hmm in this case, the biggest asshole is Kauvanagh. It's a joke that a man with this sense of humour and level of morality or even maturity could decide some of the most fractious cases in American society.

seafoid

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 27, 2018, 10:07:25 PM
Let the FBI deal with it.  He doesn't seem to want that which makes him guilty in my eyes.  Lindsey Graham is some laugh, what a dramatic performance from him.

I think Graham was sending a warning to Collins and Murkowski not to vote against him.
He seems to have lied a few times (eg over what Renate alumni meant) but the GOP don't care. He is no Atticus Finch.

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on September 28, 2018, 12:19:49 AM
Let the FBI deal with it.  He doesn't seem to want that which makes him guilty in my eyes.  Lindsey Graham is some laugh, what a dramatic performance from him.

I think Graham was sending a warning to Collins and Murkowski not to vote against him.
He seems to have lied a few times (eg over what Renate alumni meant) but the GOP don't care. He is no Atticus Finch.

He tried to be though.
I couldn't imagine many people I would like to avoid spending time with than that Kavanaugh individual.
When he mentioned his little daughter praying for 'that woman', .............
Came across as a hateful p***k. Good actor too.
At the end of the hearing he would not make eye contact with the black Dem. Sen. He deliberately acted like he was taking notes.

heganboy

In his opening, and by accusing the Democratic members in the manner in which he did, he has opened up vast swathes of areas that should they come to be heard in front of the supreme Court he would have to recuse himself, or have a bus driven through his ability to rule on the case by the petitioners...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2018, 12:45:04 AM

He tried to be though.
I couldn't imagine many people I would like to avoid spending time with than that Kavanaugh individual.
At the end of the hearing he would not make eye contact with the black Dem. Sen. He deliberately acted like he was taking notes.

That shït heel is going to do more damage to America in his 30+ years on the bench if confirmed than Trump ever could possibly do. They're replacing the swing vote with a hard right, mad cap judge with a history of sexual assault. It makes Clarence Thomas look like a stand up guy. Ideology won over decency in 2016 and it very well could again this year.

J70

The Dems are despicable

What's despicable, or maybe pathetic, are people who believe every half-baked rumour they read on the internet.

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 27, 2018, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 27, 2018, 05:42:42 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 27, 2018, 05:02:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 27, 2018, 04:28:33 PM
Matt Viser
@mviser
·
1h
Charlie Baker, a Republican who has the highest approval rating of any governor in the country and who almost never jumps into national politics, weighs in:
Quote Tweet
Charlie Baker
@MassGovernor
"The accusations brought against Judge Kavanaugh are sickening and deserve an independent investigation. There should be no vote in the Senate."

Over to Whitey

Hahaha.....very, very clever by Charlie

He knows the Dems are going to try and stick Kavanaugh on him in the run up to November and he's just after getting out in front of them

Or maybe he is a decent human being...

He is. But that wont stop them.

I'm sure, unlike all the other delicate, naive, GOP politicians who you apparently follow, he'll handle himself just fine.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Dems are despicable

Your usual bullshittery post I see - stop posting shite from ZeroHedge.com  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Also

Quote"Ford has a brother, Ralph Blasey, who worked for BakerHostetler, a law firm that retained Fusion GPS, the infamous DC company that produced the unverified Steele dossier on President Donald Trump and Russia, sparking the Russia investigation," a Liberty News press release reads.

Ralph Blasey indeed worked at BakerHostetler. But he left nine years before the law firm hired Fusion GPS, a consulting firm, to assist with a Russian money-laundering investigation.

In 2015, Fusion GPS subcontracted with Christopher Steele, a British intelligence officer to produce the Russian dossier. Fusion GPS has said the two cases were unrelated.

heganboy

This is hopefully the last gasp of the patriarchy.

The absolute hypocrisy of the GOP refusing point blank to give Obama's nominee a hearing. And on the same topic they are trying to push the confirmation of a man facing one very credible accusation of sexual assault with new accusations surfacing at a surprising rate.

In fairness he was nominated by a man facing multiple credible accusations of sexual assault who conned a jerrymandered minority of Americans by denying everything, getting angry and steam rollering women's rights.

"Kavanaug- not so much a testimony as a temper tantrum"

This doesn't strike me as a political bid by Blasey Ford, but more someone who felt that it simply wasn't right that this Calibre of person was worthy of a lifetime appointed position to the countries highest court.

Kavanaugh on the other hand was a spoilt brat swiping at all perceived threats and fawning at the nice old white men who never wavered in their unfounded assumption that they should and would protect one of their own no matter what the accusation.

I was never black out drunk!

And then proceeded to ask the daughter of an alcoholic if she had been with a arrogant contempt that seemed to confirm everything in the earlier testimony.

I was called king of the ralphers because of my weak stomach- meatballs and ketchup, not because I vomited when I was drunk ;-)

P.s. bouffed means farted

whitey

Quote from: Syferus on September 28, 2018, 01:03:53 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2018, 12:45:04 AM

He tried to be though.

That shït heel is going to do more damage to America in his 30+ years on the bench if confirmed than Trump ever could possibly do. They're replacing the swing vote with a hard right, mad cap judge with a history of sexual assault. It makes Clarence Thomas look like a stand up guy. Ideology won over decency in 2016 and it very well could again this year.

Hey Sy.

I want to report that in 1982 or 1983 you grabbed me by the c0ck in the bathroom at a teenage disco.  I cant remember if it happened in Castlerea or in Cloonfad, but it definitely happened.I think there were 6 people there, but it might have been 27. One of them was my best friend, but she actually doesnt even remember the event taking place, but it definitely did.   I forgot all about it for 35 years, but when I heard you were running for elections as the candidate of the Take Ballagh Back Party, I was triggered and it all came flooding back

heganboy

You are a contemptible ass, who in the face of fact, science and evidence clings to an irrational baseless view of the world, colored by any thing or anyone who confirms your own bias.

You could probably find 65 people to say otherwise though, wouldn't make one of them right or you any less odious. In fact it is just an accident of the location of your birth that you weren't Trump's nominee this time around.

And no, that is not a compliment.

People deal with sexual assault in many many different ways, most of which are a struggle to help themselves come to terms with an experience that is outside of their comprehension.

You should relate to the lack of comprehension part quite well

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on September 28, 2018, 02:25:22 AM
You are a contemptible ass, who in the face of fact, science and evidence clings to an irrational baseless view of the world, colored by any thing or anyone who confirms your own bias.

You could probably find 65 people to say otherwise though, wouldn't make one of them right or you any less odious. In fact it is just an accident of the location of your birth that you weren't Trump's nominee this time around.

And no, that is not a compliment.

People deal with sexual assault in many many different ways, most of which are a struggle to help themselves come to terms with an experience that is outside of their comprehension.

You should relate to the lack of comprehension part quite well

WTF are you talking about. If Diane Feinstein thought this was real shed have jumped all over it back in July.  Heres what Sy said

"I see some of the usual suspects embarassing themselves as usual on sexual assault.

Have the fûcking balls to believe the woman when she is quite clearly very believable. Fin."

Shes believable all right, but doesnt have a single solitary shred of evidence. Her best fvckin friend said it didnt happen