Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 848421 times)

omochain

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #12150 on: March 14, 2018, 05:37:28 AM »
Looking like Conor Lamb is going to win in Pennsylvania. Blue wave is building. GOP donít know whether to embrace Trump or shun him.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:47:19 AM by omochain »

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: March 14, 2018, 08:09:49 AM »
Looking like Conor Lamb is going to win in Pennsylvania. Blue wave is building. GOP donít know whether to embrace Trump or shun him.
The GOP would have won that special election if it didn't have an asshole as President
Those biscuits are for the visitors

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: March 14, 2018, 09:19:14 AM »
At 2.05 Saccone says anti Trump means anti God
 https://youtu.be/eF2PjmWPlmQ

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: March 14, 2018, 11:29:17 AM »
The stories about "alleged state doping" aren't credible? Now I know you are on the f**king windup Comrade Esmarelda
One thing you can rest assured of is that I'm not on the wind-up.

Enlighten me on the state-doping story. What have I missed?

Watch Icarus on Netflix . . . it is widely known in every circle now that Russia conducted a State Sponsored doping programme for many years. Read the McLaren report, read up on Dick Pound and check out a few of his interviews.

Also on the USA election interference I'm not saying there was collusion with any of the campaigns (we will wait until Mueller finally reports on his investigation) but you cannot deny the army of Russian bots spewing out propaganda and misinformation throughout the campaign in favour of our orange friend!!

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: March 14, 2018, 11:58:59 AM »

2 observations

Dems actually ran a candidate who had local appeal and differs from the National DNC platform on numerous issues

Third party candidate cost the Republican in the same way Jill Stein cost Hillary

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: March 14, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
The stories about "alleged state doping" aren't credible? Now I know you are on the f**king windup Comrade Esmarelda

Watch Icarus on Netflix . . . it is widely known in every circle now that Russia conducted a State Sponsored doping programme for many years. Read the McLaren report, read up on Dick Pound and check out a few of his interviews.

Also on the USA election interference I'm not saying there was collusion with any of the campaigns (we will wait until Mueller finally reports on his investigation) but you cannot deny the army of Russian bots spewing out propaganda and misinformation throughout the campaign in favour of our orange friend!!
I haven't denied anything and yes, it would appear that a group of Russians sent out ads and posts on social media. Here's just a few I came across:

"[A] particular hype and hatred for Trump is misleading the people and forcing Blacks to vote Killary. We cannot resort to the lesser of two devils. Then we'd surely be better off without voting AT ALL." and "Hillary is a Satan, and her crimes and lies had proved just how evil she is"

The relevance of this is what though? Is this what everyone was waiting for? Is this any worse than what Trump said during the campaign. Maybe there's more to it than this?

I haven't read the McLaren report itself, but I have read a bit online about it. McLaren is quoted as saying "We don't have any evidence of a systematic, state-wide doping mechanism. If we did, we would have published it and so we have to go on the inference. But across a vast country [with] all sorts of different training camps, it has to be somehow state supported but we can't actually describe for you how that operates. We can only draw the inference."

The report seems to be based almost entirely on the word of Grigory Rodchenkov. The report refers to extensive documentation, none of which has been made public. Rodchenkov seems to have been in the middle of the scandal but is deemed trustworthy. McLaren "did not seek to interview persons living in the Russian Federation Ö. I did not seek to meet with Russian government officials and did not think it necessaryÖĒ

I'm only saying what I've read. I'm not saying anything is or isn't true. I'm saying that there is at least some doubt surrounding these issues but I'll take a look at Icarus.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: March 14, 2018, 01:51:13 PM »

2 observations

Dems actually ran a candidate who had local appeal and differs from the National DNC platform on numerous issues

Third party candidate cost the Republican in the same way Jill Stein cost Hillary
The GOP shouldn't be anywhere needing that excuse though

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: March 14, 2018, 02:07:39 PM »

Don't know why you are bothering with that lad

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: March 14, 2018, 02:23:27 PM »
It's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible.

Such as?
How the conflict in Syria is reported, how the Ukraine situation was reported, the alleged state doping, the investigation into the shooting down of MH17, the Sergei Skripal case and basically any time Nikki Haley has a camera in front of her.
Presumably the entirety of the western media has it all wrong about Syria and we should believe "independent" journalists like Eva Bartlett and Vanessa Beeley, who aren't slavish propagandists for Assad and Russia, or anything like that.

Presumably Russia was justified in invading a sovereign country and justified in attempting to poison Yuschenko, or didn't do it at all.

Presumably the Russians didn't shoot down MH17.

Presumably the Russians didn't poison Sergei Skripal or Litvinenko or haven't done all sorts of horrible shit against individuals living outside Russia, and presumably they don't lock up or murder anybody who puts their head above the parapet inside Russia.

Presumably Putin being a very, very, very rich man due to corruption on an industrial scale is all lies.

Putin is just a friendly Russian teddy bear.

Or something.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: March 14, 2018, 02:29:43 PM »
It's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible.

Such as?
How the conflict in Syria is reported, how the Ukraine situation was reported, the alleged state doping, the investigation into the shooting down of MH17, the Sergei Skripal case and basically any time Nikki Haley has a camera in front of her.
Presumably the entirety of the western media has it all wrong about Syria and we should believe "independent" journalists like Eva Bartlett and Vanessa Beeley, who aren't slavish propagandists for Assad and Russia, or anything like that.

Presumably Russia was justified in invading a sovereign country and justified in attempting to poison Yuschenko, or didn't do it at all.

Presumably the Russians didn't poison Sergei Skripal or Litvinenko or haven't done all sorts of horrible shit against individuals living outside Russia, and presumably they don't lock up or murder anybody who puts their head above the parapet inside Russia.

Presumably Putin being a very, very, very rich man due to corruption on an industrial scale is all lies.

Or something.

That's all probably true, but be under no illusions that the CIA and MI5 are up to similar tricks but the western media aren't reporting it.

The CIA were poisoning water supplies in latin America back in the 70's and 80's FFS

Have a look;

https://williamblum.org/books/killing-hope/

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: March 14, 2018, 02:48:09 PM »

Such as?

Or something.
In your last couple of posts you've done quite a bit of alleging and presuming. If you're happy with what you've learned and where you've learned it then presume away. I prefer to hear different views on it and people's reasons for them.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: March 14, 2018, 02:50:39 PM »
McCain slams Trump's CIA pick: She was involved in ďone of darkest chapters in American history" (link: http://hill.cm/ZxDFPHx) hill.cm/ZxDFPHx

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: March 14, 2018, 02:53:09 PM »

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: March 14, 2018, 03:02:29 PM »

Such as?

Or something.

That's all probably true, but be under no illusions that the CIA and MI5 are up to similar tricks but the western media aren't reporting it.

The CIA were poisoning water supplies in latin America back in the 70's and 80's FFS

Have a look;

If you're looking for somebody to defend the CIA, MI5, and US and British foreign policy, you should look elsewhere.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: March 14, 2018, 03:05:21 PM »

Such as?

Or something.

Have a look;

If you're looking for somebody to defend the CIA, MI5, and US and British foreign policy, you should look elsewhere.

I'm not and neither am I defending Russia.

Just stating the obvious as high level politics as someone called it on the radio this morning is a very dirty business.