Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 903417 times)

Esmarelda

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #12135 on: March 13, 2018, 06:59:21 PM »
Hyperbole aside, do you not find it rather curious that Trump, he of the itchiest twitter finger on the planet and recklessly cavalier when it comes to naming and shaming and blaming, continually bends over backwards not to find fault with Putin and the Russians?

The Brits, including their Prime Minister, the US Secretary of State, the US British ambassador and all the rest are hardly party to information impugning the Russians that Trump doesn't have. And hours later, Tillerson is out on his arse.
I do find it curious when I think of it. I'm just not as sure of the reasons as others.

Would you put any weight behind the Seth Rich story or just dismiss it?

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: March 13, 2018, 07:06:42 PM »
JFC - we're back to Seth Rich

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: March 13, 2018, 07:15:34 PM »
Putin must be exhausted running two countries.

Luckily for him, he gets paid very, very, very well.

It's a shit show . . . do you see how much Europe relies on natural gas from Russia??!!

There's only one Commander in Chief now and it certainly isn't "The Donald"!
I think it's highly likely that you're wrong and I'm giving you until the end of the day to provide a credible response.

Get yourself familiar with Bill Browder . . . and stop talking about f**king Seth Rich!!!

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: March 13, 2018, 07:16:50 PM »
Hyperbole aside, do you not find it rather curious that Trump, he of the itchiest twitter finger on the planet and recklessly cavalier when it comes to naming and shaming and blaming, continually bends over backwards not to find fault with Putin and the Russians?

The Brits, including their Prime Minister, the US Secretary of State, the US British ambassador and all the rest are hardly party to information impugning the Russians that Trump doesn't have. And hours later, Tillerson is out on his arse.
I do find it curious when I think of it. I'm just not as sure of the reasons as others.

I’ve seen no reason to put any weight behind (or much thought at all about) it since Fox News issued their mea culpa retraction last year following Hannity’s campaign.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: March 13, 2018, 07:44:51 PM »
David Rothkop

@djrothkopf

The core story on Tillerson--he criticizes Moscow for an attack on the UK and is fired within 24 hours

@BillKristol

I guess you could say Trump chose Putin over Tillerson

@NormOrnstein

Could it be that this is aimed at minimizing what happens in Pennsylvania 18? Nah, more likely it is directly tied to Tillerson aiming right at Putin. Trump cannot tolerate criticism of the man who has the goods on him

@ezraklein

[Meeting in the WH comms office] "What should today's message be?" "How about the House's 'no collusion'?" "No, let's do Trump touring the border." "Wait, I know. Let's step on both of those by firing Tillerson amidst all our other staff chaos!" "Genius."

@brianefallon

This story has been hiding in plain sight for almost two years. Now Washington Post has found a source to confirm it.

Washington Post

@washingtonpost

Roger Stone claimed contact with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in 2016, according to two associates (link: http://wapo.st/2Gn8Jar) wapo.st/2Gn8Jar

@PhilipRucker

Remarkable statement from Tillerson spokesman: Sec State wanted to stay in his job, was “unaware of the reason” for his firing and has not spoken to Trump about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/13/rex-tillerson-fired-hapless-hopeless-tragic

“I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful secretary of state, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man,” his wonderful boss tweeted in October. “Being nice to Rocket Man hasn’t worked in 25 years, why would it work now? Clinton failed, Bush failed, and Obama failed. I won’t fail.”
In year one, he agreed to an astonishing 31% cut to his own budget, followed by a 29% cut the following year. The proposed budgets would have decimated his own staff and operations, as well as international aid, and were mostly ignored by Congress last year.

Tillerson didn’t much mind the cuts. In fact he rationalized them by saying he wouldn’t need so much money because he was well on his way to solving the world’s problems.

“Part of this bringing the budget numbers back down is reflective of an expectation that we’re going to have success in some of these conflict areas, getting these conflicts resolved and moving to a different place in terms of the kind of support we have to give,” he told a foreign policy crowd late last year.

the state department, where the exodus of experience and talent has been a diplomatic blowout. He refused briefings from senior staff and refused to talk to the press. He hollowed out the senior ranks with no rhyme or reason, leaving critical posts unfilled, while others simply quit or retired.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/13/rex-tillerson-fired-latest-news-donald-trump

Margaret Huang, executive director of Amnesty International USA, said: “Both Pompeo and Haspel have deeply alarming records when it comes to human rights. Before they assume positions that could have repercussions for human rights around the world, they should be given utmost scrutiny by the Senate in the confirmation process.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/13/the-guardian-view-on-trump-and-tillerson-hes-fired-what-next
Mr Tillerson’s extraordinary sacking on Tuesday reflected the administration’s broader dishonesty, chaos and conflict.

Mr Pompeo is unquestionably a hardliner: combative, hawkish and ideological. His views on climate change make the former ExxonMobil chief he replaces look like an environmental champion.

Mr Tillerson did not do a good or even adequate job, though it is hard to see how anyone serving this president could.
Those biscuits are for the visitors

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: March 13, 2018, 08:50:02 PM »
Are we? I just asked a question.

It's a shit show . . . do you see how much Europe relies on natural gas from Russia??!!

I think it's highly likely that you're wrong and I'm giving you until the end of the day to provide a credible response.

Get yourself familiar with Bill Browder . . . and stop talking about f**king Seth Rich!!!
As above, simple question.

I’ve seen no reason to put any weight behind (or much thought at all about) it since Fox News issued their mea culpa retraction last year following Hannity’s campaign.
Thanks for being polite. I'm following Matt Couch's campaign on it. Are you saying that because Fox News retracted their story that it's automatically not a story? No need for the other two to reply. I know you're above me.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: March 13, 2018, 09:15:45 PM »
No, I’m saying I haven’t given it any more thought. I’ve plenty to be thinking about without wasting time on what, so far, appeared to be another trumped up piece of right wing propaganda. But based on Hannity and Fox’s actions, I’d imagine it’s going to take seriously credible information to put it on the front page.

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: March 13, 2018, 09:41:02 PM »
No, I’m saying I haven’t given it any more thought. I’ve plenty to be thinking about without wasting time on what, so far, appeared to be another trumped up piece of right wing propaganda. But based on Hannity and Fox’s actions, I’d imagine it’s going to take seriously credible information to put it on the front page.
Fair enough. It's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible. But because it's mainstream it's seems fair game.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: March 13, 2018, 09:41:49 PM »
It's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible.

Such as?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: March 13, 2018, 09:43:04 PM »

Thanks for being polite. I'm following Matt Couch's campaign on it. Are you saying that because Fox News retracted their story that it's automatically not a story? No need for the other two to reply. I know you're above me.

You don't think Putin is in charge? He's interfered with an election in the world's biggest country. Trump seems scared to say anything negative about Russia at all. He's murdered someone in the UK with nerve gas.

Russia control the majority of the natural gas piped around Europe.

What part of Putin's in charge do you not understand? Is there anything I've said that is wrong?!

As I've said read some Bill Browder articles and listen to some of his interviews to understand a bit about how things work in Russia!!

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: March 13, 2018, 10:28:36 PM »
It's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible.

Such as?
How the conflict in Syria is reported, how the Ukraine situation was reported, the alleged state doping, the investigation into the shooting down of MH17, the Sergei Skripal case and basically any time Nikki Haley has a camera in front of her.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: March 13, 2018, 10:29:46 PM »
The stories about "alleged state doping" aren't credible? Now I know you are on the f**king windup Comrade Esmarelda

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: March 13, 2018, 10:31:57 PM »

You don't think Putin is in charge? He's interfered with an election in the world's biggest country. Trump seems scared to say anything negative about Russia at all. He's murdered someone in the UK with nerve gas.

Russia control the majority of the natural gas piped around Europe.

What part of Putin's in charge do you not understand? Is there anything I've said that is wrong?!

As I've said read some Bill Browder articles and listen to some of his interviews to understand a bit about how things work in Russia!!
This is what I'm talking about. The bits in bold are not fact. You may claim they are and think they are, but they're not, at least not yet.

I'll look up Bill Browder though.

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: March 13, 2018, 10:33:54 PM »
The stories about "alleged state doping" aren't credible? Now I know you are on the f**king windup Comrade Esmarelda
One thing you can rest assured of is that I'm not on the wind-up.

Enlighten me on the state-doping story. What have I missed?

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: March 13, 2018, 10:35:18 PM »
“We should have a new force called the Space Force. It’s like the Army and the Navy, but for space, because we’re spending a lot of money on space.”