The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Polarisation is everywhere because of pay freezes and bond bubbles. We need a new economic system.

johnneycool

When does the Comey show kick off?

Hardy

Denn Forever

If it any thing like yesterday, it'll be a damp squib. But Comey has nothing to lose so it should be interesting.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Declan

Interesting to see where this will all end but so far highlights include:

James Comey says that US President Donald Trump repeatedly told him he was 'doing a great job' as FBI director

Comey on FBI attacks by Trump: "Those were lies, plain and simple. And I am so sorry the FBI had to hear those."

Former FBI director James Comey says he was confused by the "shifting explanations" for why he was fired

James Comey says he has no doubt that Russia interfered with the US Presidential Election

In relation to meeting Trump, Comey says he took notes as he was "honestly concerned that he would lie about the nature of our meeting"

screenexile

The more you look at this the more "the dossier" starts to seem like a factual document!!!

Esmarelda

Now that Comey's out of the job and given that he's sure "the Russians" interfered in  the U.S. election, will he able to give us the evidence to back this up?

Gabriel_Hurl

Esmarelda

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 08, 2017, 04:07:53 PM
That's Mueller's job now
It is. But if the other lad has it and has nobody to answer to, why not share?

screenexile

Quote from: Esmarelda on June 08, 2017, 04:19:14 PM
That's Mueller's job now

Classified I'm sure so wouldn't matter whether he still held the office or not!

Esmarelda

Quote from: screenexile on June 08, 2017, 05:03:06 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on June 08, 2017, 04:19:14 PM
That's Mueller's job now

Classified I'm sure so wouldn't matter whether he still held the office or not!
Classified in that he doesn't personally have knowledge of it or that he's sworn to secrecy after leaving the job? I'm not actually expecting him to reveal it. Just wondering what the situation is.

J70

Quote from: stew on June 07, 2017, 02:36:26 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 06, 2017, 09:18:38 PM
How does bill Maher still have his show on hbo after using the n word last Friday ?

He is an uber liberal who has dated a plethora of african american women, he cool, hes hip and did I mention he is a liberal so is above reproach!

Stop your ridiculous whining.

J70

Quote from: stew on June 07, 2017, 02:46:40 PM
I am delighted to see that the yankee Government has caught their first so called whistleblower, it is unfortunate young winner can only do ten years, she is a Saunders fan who served in the military and was hired with high security clearance, she does not really do irony because despite hating Trump she does not seem to get the fact he is her boss! I really hope they hammer this kn**ker to deter others from treasonous acts!

Good job for her that Trump "loves" leakers, or at least Wikileaks.

I guess it depends on who they're damaging for Trump.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on June 07, 2017, 04:15:53 PM
Quote from: omochain on June 07, 2017, 12:15:51 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on June 06, 2017, 10:55:17 PM
"Obama is a decent, thoughtful, intelligent gentleman who tried his best in the face of obdurate Republican obstructionism. He pulled the economy out of the ditch, did a pretty good job at pushing the Healthcare system in the right direction and was the model for the highest standards of family values.

For lots of Folks though...he does have one big drawback."

If you mean his furthering of certain agendas you'd be correct. 8 years of dismantling america. Great Job.
That man wouldn't know decent if it kicked him repeatedly in the nuts.

Now we know you're on the serious wind up!

No wind up. Obama is a very decent man.
Just because the right keep saying something, does not mean it is true.
All the economic stats and indicators say he did a great job despite the best efforts of Mitch McTurtle & Co
You lot are so transparent.. you keep on using plays from Goebbels play book. Lie repeat, lie repeat and on and you think that will make it true.

Now can you please explain how Obama dismantled America?

Substitute decent for smarmy piece of work. The whole Moneygall episode still churns my stomach and cheerleading eejits bought it hook line and sinker. The cringe factor was 100%

Repeating the "Change" mantra doesn't make it true. Poor brainwashed liberals.

The current polarisation of the USA is evidence enough of obama's policies, enough to ensure that someone who opposed his ideals was elected as president, albeit 4 (or 8!!) years too late. His pandering to certain groups showed where his true "change" aims lay.

Right, because the US was such a united, happy place before 2008.

There was no Rush Limbaugh, no Fox News, no Tom DeLay or Newt Gingrich, no Clinton witch hunts, no congressional staffers intimidating election staff in Florida, no Swiftboat campaign, no ludicrous demonization and intimidation of anyone who questioned GW Bush and the move to Iraq war (Dixie Chicks FFS!), no GOP anti-gay campaigns etc. etc.

Maybe you were born yesterday, but the rest of us weren't.

seafoid

trump picked the wrong enemy.
Leaking info to get a Special Counsel was senior hurling