The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: stew on March 24, 2017, 03:49:54 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 24, 2017, 04:10:02 AM
Who the f**k is this Tucker Carlson twat? Watch this space in the coming years for a new breed of Fox News fear mongering.

Tucker Carlson is an up and coming star on Fox news, he is an excellent interviewer and he has skewered a few people both left and right during some of his interviews.

Just because he is right of centre does not make him a twat!

I'll tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

When you interview a lawyer who is representing one of the accused rapists in the Maryland school rape case. The accused is an illegal immigrant. The accused has been arrested and is, per legal process - allowed legal representation.

Questioning then the morality, soul, and if-you-can-sleep-at-nightness of his lawyer - for suggesting that there are facts about the case that still need to be discovered and worked through (yes, the defence lawyer suggested that there are things we will learn about both defendants and the alleged victim) was as Jon Stewart put it - partisan hackery. Truly awful 'reporting' and designed solely to fuel the flames of ignorance in this country.

He's a twat. Nothing to do with his side of the aisle.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on March 24, 2017, 03:28:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 24, 2017, 12:10:25 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 23, 2017, 10:02:27 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2017, 05:02:55 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 23, 2017, 04:22:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 21, 2017, 12:26:23 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 20, 2017, 06:01:40 PM
So actual proof of attempts to influence the election is finally uncovered. Outrage please liberals.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/17/brazile-admits-forwarded-debate-questions-to-clinton-camp.html

I thought this was already established??

Besides, WTF do you care? It was an in-house Democratic affair, which purportedly harmed the ultra liberal in the race! ;)

Looks bad, shows corruption on her part (and I'm sure pissed CNN off!), but its overblown as f**k, in my opinion, in terms of actual effect on anything. If this is Brazile trying to influence a debate, she needs to try harder.

I mean, is anyone really suggesting that Clinton (or Sanders) would not armed with knowledge and an answer on the lead contamination in Flint in a debate taking place in Flint at the very time that the contamination was a leading national news story?

Or that ANYONE (even Trump!) running for president wouldn't have off by heart their answer on a death penalty question?

Seriously?

At least now it's on the record as fact. While I'll agree it was an in-house democrat affair it still shows that the democratic process was being bypassed due to certain elements trying to rig the vote by helping one side. THAT's rigging an election, not this russian bogeyman nonsense.
If the wikileaks information was false then I would accept that it influenced an election. But it wasn't.

Of course it influenced the election. Do you think its coincidental that only one side was targeted? Do you really believe that embarrassing revelations would not have come had they either hacked or released communications from the RNC?

And if the Russian stuff is such nonsense, why has the FBI been investigating it since last summer? (One wonders why Comey didn't see fit to release that little tibit of information right before the election?) Why did Spicer debase and humiliate himself even further on Trump's behalf by his pathetic attempt to downplay the role of Manafort in the campaign ("the campaign manager was only tangentially connected to the campaign" ;D ;D) and lie about the length of time he was involved? Why did Trump fire Flynn?

Probably because the kenyan lad was running the FBI at the time.

That makes a lot of sense. Explains why they were investigating Hillary and sabotaged her campaign a week before the election. ::)
Do you really think him and Hillary were friends?

No idea.

What does that have to do with anything?

J70

Quote from: stew on March 24, 2017, 03:49:54 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 24, 2017, 04:10:02 AM
Who the f**k is this Tucker Carlson twat? Watch this space in the coming years for a new breed of Fox News fear mongering.

Tucker Carlson is an up and coming star on Fox news, he is an excellent interviewer and he has skewered a few people both left and right during some of his interviews.

Just because he is right of centre does not make him a twat!

Carslon's been bouncing around the cable news networks for 15 years, including debasing himself on the risible Fox and Friends.

But you are correct. Being conservative doesn't make him a twat.

Being a twat does though! ;)

J70

"Healthcare" bill pulled before the vote... again.

Is that it?

seafoid

NYT fake news say 33 goppers will vote no with another 9 leaning towards no. Trump can only afford 22 to vote no

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/20/us/politics/health-care-whip-count.html

Robert Costa‏
@costareports
President Trump just called me. Still on phone.
"We just pulled it," he tells me.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mrdeeds

Quote from: J70 on March 24, 2017, 07:43:49 PM
"Healthcare" bill pulled before the vote... again.

Is that it?

Always winning. Yeah right.

J70

So will Trump and the GOP work with the Dems to fix the problems with Obamacare or will they continue to sabotage it for political reasons?

seafoid

The GOP owns healthcare now

and it's the interests of the base vs the Kochs

https://twitter.com/RepMcGovern/status/844991898850877443

screenexile

Well oiled machine!!!

Are we giving him one more chance stew?? I'm beginning to lose count at this stage!  ;D  ;D

sid waddell

Obama gave the US Obamacare. Trump gave the US Don't Care.

17% of the US public support Don't Care, a net approval rating of - 39. 39% was the lowest approval rating Obamacare ever got.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on March 24, 2017, 11:08:41 PM

17% of the US public support Don't Care, a net approval rating of - 39. 39% was the lowest approval rating Obamacare ever got.

Who gives a damn what the approval rating is?

Obamacare Siddy was a complete and utter disaster, I admire Obama for trying to take care of the uninsured and impoverished, that said the rollout was a disgrace and it has went downhill from there.

Sid, do you think it is acceptable for people to live on the dole for decades in the United States of America?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: screenexile on March 24, 2017, 10:47:47 PM
Well oiled machine!!!

Are we giving him one more chance stew?? I'm beginning to lose count at this stage!  ;D  ;D

Really, you are illiterate sir!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on March 25, 2017, 02:36:14 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 24, 2017, 11:08:41 PM

Who gives a damn what the approval rating is?

Obamacare Siddy was a complete and utter disaster, I admire Obama for trying to take care of the uninsured and impoverished, that said the rollout was a disgrace and it has went downhill from there.

Sid, do you think it is acceptable for people to live on the dole for decades in the United States of America?

It's hardly surprising that it hasn't worked as well as it could have given GOP obstruction, whether it was the refusal to expand Medicaid in numerous states to Trump's decision that the IRS will not be allowed to follow up or even ask about healthcare, thus eliminating the mandate and penalty. The whole idea is that young and healthy people buy in so that the risk and cost is pooled, instead of it just being sick or older people. The idea of compulsory coverage of certain services is that insurance is comprehensive and people don't end up in hospital only to be told "sorry, that illness you have isn't covered" or "you've exceeded your cap" " so get your house on the market or ring your bankruptcy lawyer" or " tough shit, you're on your own, we are not treating you".

The fact is that the GOP voted more than 50 times, en masse, to abolish Obamacare, all for political purposes. Now that their arses are actually on the line, they suddenly realize that there are real life consequences to their childish tantrums, and that their party doesn't have a f**king clue, after seven years of bullshit, and Trump's ludicrous promises of covering everyone with beautiful plans that cost so much less,  of how to address the many problems with US healthcare. Some of them like Ryan and Trump, think "access" is the key. Me and you have "access" to monthly holidays in the over the water bungalows of Bora Bora, or a nice fancy Bentley, but that doesn't mean we will ever be able to afford it. The Freedom Caucus don't give a f**k about anyone or anything except lower taxes and less government regs. The governors of Medicaid states and congress people from moderate areas actually get that people losing health coverage is a massive social problem which needs real solutions (at least they publicly get it, now that it's not just empty rhetoric).

But, instead of working with the Dems on improving things, what we are probably going to get now is continuing attempts to sabotage the status quo for political reasons with a view to 2018. I hope I'm wrong.

seafoid

One reason the GOP is so hopeless now is because most of the moderates ("Republicans in name only") were purged by the tea party

https://newrepublic.com/article/141619/republicans-ruling-utter-incompetence