The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Don acting like a precious snowflake this morning again  - apparently he doesn't like when people think he's not really in charge

QuoteI call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it. Some FAKE NEWS media, in order to marginalize, lies!

I thought he didn't watch CNN  ::)

QuoteAny negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

whitey

I don't know if he will succeed on the jobs front but at least he will be seen to be doing something.  You can bet your bottom dollar he will let everyone  know about it too.

That being said, regulation and healthcare are currently strangling small business owners, and they are the job creators not the big multinationals.

Do you think it would be beyond him and Bannon to strategically focus their efforts and resources on the swing states so the Democrats are boxed out in 2020

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 06, 2017, 03:27:07 PM
I don't know if he will succeed on the jobs front but at least he will be seen to be doing something.  You can bet your bottom dollar he will let everyone  know about it too.

That being said, regulation and healthcare are currently strangling small business owners, and they are the job creators not the big multinationals.

Do you think it would be beyond him and Bannon to strategically focus their efforts and resources on the swing states so the Democrats are boxed out in 2020

Well, they'll have a record to run on by then, whatever that amounts to.

The Democrats will also have his record to run on.

heganboy

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 01, 2017, 06:28:48 AM

Heganboy you maybe have a look into epistemology.
Also maybe you should look into the roots of mathematics and where it comes from.
Then maybe have a look into the philosophy of science and in particular the induction problem

You'll very quickly discover that ALL opinions are based on a series of assumptions.

How maths and science form the basis of a political opinion is also beyond me. Political opinion is based on morals/values which are nothing to do with either maths or science and are in fact purely subjective.
OmaghJoe, meant to get back to this earlier.

sure doesn't it all go back to our friend Descartes "je pense, donc je suis"* but that's a bit of an aside no?

Maybe you're suggesting that we're all not really here, and this is just a figment of my imagination? What in the history of mathematics leads you to say that there are errors in my statement. Some assumptions can be clearly demonstrated as incorrect, and my point may well be that where this is the case then i would say that the opinion is not a valid one.

Ah now Induction! Hume, Popper and Williams and all of that, again a fascinating topic - well for me anyway, but really not getting what you're suggesting here? Are you implying that all opinions are valid- which would be contrary to my post?

If my opinion is that the sun goes round the earth, and yours is that the earth goes round the sun, is my opinion valid?
My hypothesis is that not all opinions are valid has really got little to do with induction or epistemology, but rather that clearly incorrect opinions are invalid.

Hence mathematics and science. If in my opinion I feel that a million and a half people turned up to watch me behind bullet proof glass in Washington DC, and measurable and valid data shows that not to be the case, mathematics and science show that my opinion is not valid, quod erat demonstrandum.

*the latin came after the fact and was just for style points in my opinion (not valid)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

easytiger95

Quote from: heganboy on February 06, 2017, 07:48:16 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on February 01, 2017, 06:28:48 AM

Heganboy you maybe have a look into epistemology.
Also maybe you should look into the roots of mathematics and where it comes from.
Then maybe have a look into the philosophy of science and in particular the induction problem

You'll very quickly discover that ALL opinions are based on a series of assumptions.

How maths and science form the basis of a political opinion is also beyond me. Political opinion is based on morals/values which are nothing to do with either maths or science and are in fact purely subjective.
OmaghJoe, meant to get back to this earlier.

sure doesn't it all go back to our friend Descartes "je pense, donc je suis"* but that's a bit of an aside no?

Maybe you're suggesting that we're all not really here, and this is just a figment of my imagination? What in the history of mathematics leads you to say that there are errors in my statement. Some assumptions can be clearly demonstrated as incorrect, and my point may well be that where this is the case then i would say that the opinion is not a valid one.

Ah now Induction! Hume, Popper and Williams and all of that, again a fascinating topic - well for me anyway, but really not getting what you're suggesting here? Are you implying that all opinions are valid- which would be contrary to my post?

If my opinion is that the sun goes round the earth, and yours is that the earth goes round the sun, is my opinion valid?
My hypothesis is that not all opinions are valid has really got little to do with induction or epistemology, but rather that clearly incorrect opinions are invalid.

Hence mathematics and science. If in my opinion I feel that a million and a half people turned up to watch me behind bullet proof glass in Washington DC, and measurable and valid data shows that not to be the case, mathematics and science show that my opinion is not valid, quod erat demonstrandum.

*the latin came after the fact and was just for style points in my opinion (not valid)

Yer gonna regret that Heganboy.

screenexile

Watched it yesterday and it should probably go down as one of the best SNL skits of all time she was fantastic!

foxcommander

I see the Obamas are getting the freedom of Dublin for their "moderating and progressive influence on the world stage".

Yes - that's what he did alright. 8 years of failure.

Dublin city council have been hard at work obviously tacking the real issues.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

joemamas

Quote from: foxcommander on February 07, 2017, 01:40:01 PM
I see the Obamas are getting the freedom of Dublin for their "moderating and progressive influence on the world stage".

My thoughts exactly. Fu*k me, the biggest issues in Ireland appear to be;

Inability to get a hospital bed, (is this Ireland or some third world country)
Woeful lack of infrastructure Dublin and Galway two examples I am aware of
Homelessness
Drug use in broad daylight (don't mean smoking pot)
Oh almost forgot crime.

but, lets all blame the Donald it is all his fault.

I need to stop reading Irish newspapers

J70

Quote from: joemamas on February 07, 2017, 04:21:08 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 07, 2017, 01:40:01 PM

My thoughts exactly. Fu*k me, the biggest issues in Ireland appear to be;

Inability to get a hospital bed, (is this Ireland or some third world country)
Woeful lack of infrastructure Dublin and Galway two examples I am aware of
Homelessness
Drug use in broad daylight (don't mean smoking pot)
Oh almost forgot crime.

but, lets all blame the Donald it is all his fault.
I need to stop reading Irish newspapers

Donald Trump is being blamed for Irish problems of crime, homelessness, infrastructure and so on?