The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on January 24, 2017, 03:31:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 02:58:03 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 24, 2017, 02:34:23 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 02:08:01 PM
That's why we now have alternative facts......you cherry picked things Trump said or did and completely ignore similar things the Democrats said and did

We don't have "alternative facts".

We have facts and falsehoods.

"Alternative facts" are falsehoods.

Well we have them now whether you like it or not, thanks in no small part to the atrocious behavior of the lamecstream media during the election....a lot of people just don't believe them any more

Case in point Time magazines false report about Trump removing bust of MLK

Which was corrected within minutes. The journalist responsible sent out 12 tweets that the information previously reported was erroneous.

Whereas the Trump campaign is still sticking to its "alternative facts", sorry, falsehoods.

"Lamestream media" one of the many cliches used by Trump supporters to try to delegitimise anything that calls out Trump on anything.

You might think it makes you look smart to throw in such meaningless cliches, it doesn't - it just makes you look really foolish.

Doesn't matter that it was retracted....it was put out and tweeted and retweeted the world over within minutes. Your making the assumption that everyone who read the original story read the retraction....I can guarantee you they didnt.  There was a case study where a Trump supporter made some outlandish claim and that outlandish claim was retweeted 15,000 times.  The "correction" was retweeted something like 150 times

That "reporter" for Time magazine should have been fired on the spot

Declan

QuoteThat "reporter" for Time magazine should have been fired on the spot

Presumably Spicer should have gotten the same treatment for his lies?

whitey

Quote from: Declan on January 24, 2017, 05:14:28 PM

Why???

His job is to spin the facts....just like Josh Ernest before him did for Obama

A reporters job is to report the news

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 05:23:07 PM
Quote from: Declan on January 24, 2017, 05:14:28 PM

Why???

His job is to spin the facts....just like Josh Ernest before him did for Obama

A reporters job is to report the news
Its not to lie.

sid waddell

Sean Spicer on January 4th:

"If you lose the respect and trust of the press corps, you've got nothing."

"I don't think any communicator worth their salt can go out and tell a lie."

"You can spin the way you want, but I think to go out and tell a lie is something that's just not acceptable."

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/01/22/sean-spicer-i-couldnt-lie-axelrod-sot-rs.cnn

His first five minute press briefing on his first day on the job is all it took for him to do all of that spectacularly.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 04:54:32 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 24, 2017, 03:31:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 02:58:03 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 24, 2017, 02:34:23 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 02:08:01 PM
That's why we now have alternative facts......you cherry picked things Trump said or did and completely ignore similar things the Democrats said and did

We don't have "alternative facts".

We have facts and falsehoods.

"Alternative facts" are falsehoods.

Well we have them now whether you like it or not, thanks in no small part to the atrocious behavior of the lamecstream media during the election....a lot of people just don't believe them any more

Case in point Time magazines false report about Trump removing bust of MLK

Which was corrected within minutes. The journalist responsible sent out 12 tweets that the information previously reported was erroneous.

Whereas the Trump campaign is still sticking to its "alternative facts", sorry, falsehoods.

"Lamestream media" one of the many cliches used by Trump supporters to try to delegitimise anything that calls out Trump on anything.

You might think it makes you look smart to throw in such meaningless cliches, it doesn't - it just makes you look really foolish.

Doesn't matter that it was retracted....it was put out and tweeted and retweeted the world over within minutes. Your making the assumption that everyone who read the original story read the retraction....I can guarantee you they didnt.  There was a case study where a Trump supporter made some outlandish claim and that outlandish claim was retweeted 15,000 times.  The "correction" was retweeted something like 150 times

That "reporter" for Time magazine should have been fired on the spot

Of course it matters that it was retracted. Just as it would have mattered if it was not retracted.

The mistake was admitted almost immediately.

News reporters don't deliberately lie and damage their reputation over something that can so easily be proven false.

This White House press secretary on the other hand, does. And didn't retract. And that matters. A lot.

whitey

News reporters don't deliberately lie??   You're having a laugh, right?

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 05:55:57 PM
Again, news reporters for reputable media outlets don't deliberately lie over something that can so obviously be proven false, ie. can be proven false within a few seconds, because their reputation will obviously be damaged as a result.

"News reporters" for media outlets you and many Trump supporters favour most definitely do lie, on the other hand. But these outlets tend not to be reputable and are generally thinly veiled propaganda sites.

And Trump's White House press secretary most certainly does lie in a manner that can be proven false within a few seconds.

And you appear to be defending him over it.

foxcommander

Quote from: sid waddell on January 24, 2017, 06:08:56 PM
But these outlets tend not to be reputable and are generally thinly veiled propaganda sites.

CNN
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on January 24, 2017, 06:08:56 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 05:55:57 PM
Again, news reporters for reputable media outlets don't deliberately lie over something that can so obviously be proven false, ie. can be proven false within a few seconds, because their reputation will obviously be damaged as a result.

"News reporters" for media outlets you and many Trump supporters favour most definitely do lie, on the other hand. But these outlets tend not to be reputable and are generally thinly veiled propaganda sites.

And Trump's White House press secretary most certainly does lie in a manner that can be proven false within a few seconds.

And you appear to be defending him over it.

Really??  You need to get out more

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/ex-trump-girlfriend-new-york-times-223205

"They spun it to where it appeared negative. I did not have a negative experience with Donald Trump, and I don't appreciate them making it look like that I was saying that it was a negative experience because it was not," Brewer Lane said.

seafoid

Spicer is working for Bannon. See how many questions the big channels get where he is involved. Trump is going to have a very particular communication strategy.

heganboy

Quote from: Seamus on January 24, 2017, 05:01:32 AM

As expected you had to go to Google.
So you had difficulty in finding something to fit your agenda.... a propaganda site making The Federal Reserve look good. You state that they have made the monetary system seem complicated, this is done on purpose just as the IRS does with its 70K plus pages of codes. 70K plus pages and less than 200 written words gets rid of them. And by the way very few banks are Basel 111 compliant as much as you would like to tell us otherwise. There will be no bail outs the next time, too big to fail my hole. Derivatives are still a major problem

I can't find anything in the paragraph that makes any sense- If I knew what your point was I would respond..

Quote from: Seamus on January 24, 2017, 05:01:32 AMThe Federal Reserve is not a government agency, it is a corporation owned by Private Bankers (not stated on your propaganda site).

Now, lets say that you are talking about the Federal Reserve Board here- it is actually an independent Federal Government Agency. (actual fact not alternative fact)

And even if you are talking about FOMC, that is 7 of the the FRB board plus 5 of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks heads (NY plus 4 others)

Maybe you are talking about the Federal Reserve Bank of NY?

Quote from: Seamus on January 24, 2017, 05:01:32 AM
To this day they are still printing there way out of trouble mainly digitally, numbers on a screen and the national debt is nearing 20T but the total debt is far far greater. It is only a matter of when the inevitable happens, a total economic collapse and the destruction of the dollar.

The solution... A honest debt free (interest free) valued currency with weights and measures printed by The US Treasury. An alternative to the SWIFT banking system along with other security measures to prevent private bankers from stealing the money. Phase out The Federal Reserve banking system over time.

An old buddy chiming in I see. I don't give one damn weather you work in the financial system or not, ye lot seem to be the most brainwashed when it comes to the Fed anyway. You can't be informed that you work for a corrupt system. I also have not met a good financial adviser yet.

This is my last response to you, you are a total waste of my time and energy.

I have read this through a few times and can't for the life of me understand what you're trying to say.
I get that you don't like the Fed but I'm really not sure why. The opinions you are presenting as facts are not actually correct. I agree with you that most financial advisors are chancers, not my line of work.
I think your key proposal is this A honest debt free (interest free) valued currency with weights and measures printed by The US Treasury but I'm not sure what that means.

I do believe that you have actually no idea what you're talking about and that you are just copying and pasting gibberish from websites that propose the abolition of the Fed. So, good luck with that.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

The IRS was targeting conservatives and auditing them illegally, tuck the IRS and every other government body that is biased politically!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.