The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

All around me I saw it reproduced, mostly behind bars, on "Crooked Hillary" buttons and "Hillary for Jail!" sweatshirts and much, much worse. "Hillary Clinton murders children!" a middle-aged woman waiting in the two-mile-long line had shouted. "It's been proved. Hillary Clinton rapes and murders children."

And so ....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/05/gunman-detained-at-comet-pizza-restaurant-was-self-investigating-fake-news-reports
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on December 05, 2016, 12:30:27 PM
All around me I saw it reproduced, mostly behind bars, on "Crooked Hillary" buttons and "Hillary for Jail!" sweatshirts and much, much worse. "Hillary Clinton murders children!" a middle-aged woman waiting in the two-mile-long line had shouted. "It's been proved. Hillary Clinton rapes and murders children."

And so ....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/05/gunman-detained-at-comet-pizza-restaurant-was-self-investigating-fake-news-reports

There are people on this board who believed every crackpot conspiracy theory, as long as it was about Hilary Clinton. That daft gunman isn't the only one.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: muppet on December 05, 2016, 12:35:42 PM

And so ....

There are people on this board who believed every crackpot conspiracy theory, as long as it was about Hilary Clinton. That daft gunman isn't the only one.

The f**king Secretary of Defense in-waiting was pushing this idiocy. His son still is.

But we have to take seriously and treat with respect people who push and believe stories such as Hillary running a child sex ring out of a pizzeria.

To do otherwise would be elitist and prove we are out of touch and doomed for a long spell on the political sidelines.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2016, 12:48:13 PM

And so ....

The f**king Secretary of Defense in-waiting was pushing this idiocy. His son still is.

But we have to take seriously and treat with respect people who push and believe stories such as Hillary running a child sex ring out of a pizzeria.

To do otherwise would be elitist and prove we are out of touch and doomed for a long spell on the political sidelines.
Eric Bristow is believed to be in the running for Secretary for Children's Affairs with special responsibility for historic cases of child sex abuse.

Nigel Farage has recommended him.

seafoid

And so ....

The scale of the Trump fraud is immense
He won't bring back one steel job
He won't help abandoned communities
He will feed tax cuts to the already filthy rich

Captain Obvious

Time "Person of the Year" : 1938: Hitler 1939: Stalin 2007: Putin and now 2016: Trump.

Gmac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 07, 2016, 08:52:05 PM
Time "Person of the Year" : 1938: Hitler 1939: Stalin 2007: Putin and now 2016: Trump.
pope Francis .obama . Fdr. Churchill .bill Clinton . Ghandhi .jfk to mention a few more won it also why lump trump in with Hitler's and Stalin ?

Oraisteach

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 08, 2016, 12:53:34 AM
Because, Captain, it's Obvious.

Is it f**k!

Is Trump going to kill 20 million of his own people, US he going to has 6 million jews?

The only thing here that is obvious is your hatred, thanks for reminding me why I despise liberalism in the USA!

You thought your comment smart, it is hate filled, ignorant and your hero Clintons career is politically dead, chew on that and ask yourself why!

Therin lies the answer.

I hope Trump is a great President just so I can laugh at all you,union liberal loving dolts that don't get the fact that the country told you to eff off you corrupt aholes.)

How bout dem unions )

Trump is President, Chaw yall on that, accept defeat like a man and support the new commander in chief! )

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Linda f**king McMahon appointed to cabinet. Everyone glossing over trump's biggest achievement. He'll be the first POTUS to be a member of the WWE Hall of Fame.

Oraisteach

Stew, I don't know what happened to you over the last couple of years, but whatever it was, it has had a very bad effect on your personality.  You were once gregarious, cheerful and generous, but now you are perpetually angry.  I am concerned about your welfare and hope things improve for you and that someone is helping you.

I can't project what Trump will do, but potentially he is very dangerous.  His xenophobic rants are alarming.  He has spoken of rounding up millions of people, essentially interning them first before deporting them, a campaign promise that has prompted his sidekick, Newt Gingrich, to suggest opening internment camps like the ones used to corral the Japanese-Americans in WWII.  You'll recall, I imagine, that prior to exterminating 6 million Jews, Hitler built concentration camps and created ghettoes. I don't believe that Trump will exterminate people, but he is a loose cannon with a hair-trigger temper, so anything's possible.  He has spoken, too, of creating a registry of Muslims.  Hitler kept a registry of Jews.

You have noticed, I'm sure, that hate crimes have increased since his election and that white supremacists feel emboldened to recruit, assemble and intimidate. Swastikas are appearing on mosques, and churches that welcome LGBT worshipers have been daubed with offensive language. You'll remember that these are the sort of things that preceded Kristallnacht in 1938.
I am alarmed, too, that Trump appears not to read, is geo-politically illiterate, and gleans his "information" from discredited websites like Breitbart and Drudge, and I am further distressed that he holds the serious press (e.g. NYT, Washington Post) in such low regard and wishes to loosen libel laws so that they will feel coerced not to write anything derogatory about him.  You have seen how irate he is at the SNL sketches that poke fun at him. He cannot abide satire.  I am seriously worried about freedom of the press and am concerned for the welfare of journalists, hatred for whom he perpetually stirs up at his rallies.  You remember that under Hitler all media—books, newspapers, films, public events—were censored if they were thought to present opposing viewpoints.

I am alarmed, too, that Donald Trump is an advocate of torture and wishes to expand its use, not to mention the fact that he has openly expressed support for war crimes, e.g. bombing civilians.  You'll recollect the Nuremberg Trials, designed to bring Nazi war criminals to justice.

You ask if he will kill millions, Stew.  I don't know, but I am alarmed that, like a kid at Christmas, he is fascinated by weapons, only in this case nuclear ones, and he wonders why, if we have them, we don't use them.  And I'm afraid that he seems intent on nuclear proliferation, e.g. that Japan and Saudi Arabia should have them.  You remember, I've no doubt, that Hitler was fascinated by weapons and expanded Germany's military power. Just as Trump wishes to do.

And he is a compulsive liar.  I am alarmed that people can't tell that he's lying or, worse yet, don't care.  Think back to Goebbels, Hitler's propaganda minister, who said, "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."  Trump has succeeded in doing just that.

Stew, I could expound at length on this topic, but it wouldn't matter.  You have your mind made up, and in this post-fact society that we inhabit, you won't let evidence get in the way of passion.

Seriously, though, take care of yourself.  And if you happen to be on Facebook, check out 1970s ARMAGH MEMORIES. You'll undoubtedly know some of the people.  And if you ever do go home to Armagh, when you stop in to Devlin's for a pint, think of me because I can't ever go home again.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on December 08, 2016, 01:13:44 AM
Quote from: Oraisteach on December 08, 2016, 12:53:34 AM
Because, Captain, it's Obvious.

Is it f**k!

Is Trump going to kill 20 million of his own people, US he going to has 6 million jews?

The only thing here that is obvious is your hatred, thanks for reminding me why I despise liberalism in the USA!

You thought your comment smart, it is hate filled, ignorant and your hero Clintons career is politically dead, chew on that and ask yourself why!

Therin lies the answer.

I hope Trump is a great President just so I can laugh at all you,union liberal loving dolts that don't get the fact that the country told you to eff off you corrupt aholes.)

How bout dem unions )

Trump is President, Chaw yall on that, accept defeat like a man and support the new commander in chief! )

Stew do you think giving tax cuts to the plutocrats will get the Us economy going? Armagh are more likely to win Sam next year than that