The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 17, 2016, 05:00:05 AM
Pretty sure we are gonna see a reality TV show from the White House...

Something like the Osbornes rolled into 1984, he'll turn the white house into a studio where he will do the show during the week and then head back to Trump tower for the weekend in New York.

It will be a PR master stroke as he'll be able to get all the viewers cheering on his decisions from their living rooms... and with him on the box every night of the week he wont need to do any press conferences. I can see it all now... the hoor's a f**king genius.

Hilarious. )

I suppose it beats watching Clinton rule the roost from the big house!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 16, 2016, 01:58:33 AM
One thing came up in conversation today that I hadn't even thought of before

Remember during the election we heard that Trump had all of his support coming from "non college educated white people".

How fvcking condescending can you get.....I know plenty of trades people over here.....electricians, diesel mechanics, HVAC guys .....who spend years at trade schools, learning trades and doing apprenticeships . They are just as smart and equally, if not more informed as many of the smarmy fvcks looking down their noses at them

Is it any more fucked up than looking down your nose at someone with an advanced education as "elitist"?

We're constantly hearing from conservatives about indoctrination in universities, as if being educated and learning how to analyze and critique and consider all sides of an issue were negative things. (Of course, the reason it is a problem for them is because many such people tend to start to question things like religion and conservative "positions" on scientific and cultural issues)

If I was still a farmer in Donegal, I would be just as intelligent as I am now. But I would probably know a hell of a lot less about the wider world if I had not pursued the education and career I did.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on November 17, 2016, 03:12:02 PM

Remember during the election we heard that Trump had all of his support coming from "non college educated white people".

How fvcking condescending can you get.....I know plenty of trades people over here.....electricians, diesel mechanics, HVAC guys .....who spend years at trade schools, learning trades and doing apprenticeships . They are just as smart and equally, if not more informed as many of the smarmy fvcks looking down their noses at them

Is it any more fucked up than looking down your nose at someone with an advanced education as "elitist"?

We're constantly hearing from conservatives about indoctrination in universities, as if being educated and learning how to analyze and critique and consider all sides of an issue were negative things.

If I was still a farmer in Donegal, I would be just as intelligent as I am now. But I would probably know a hell of a lot less about the wider world if I had not pursued the education and career I did.

"Experts"?

Pah, people are sick of experts!

Get with the programme!

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on November 17, 2016, 03:15:40 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 17, 2016, 03:12:02 PM

We're constantly hearing from conservatives about indoctrination in universities, as if being educated and learning how to analyze and critique and consider all sides of an issue were negative things.

"Experts"?

Pah, people are sick of experts!

Get with the programme!

Yep, especially when the experts don't tell you what you want to hear!

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on November 17, 2016, 03:45:13 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 17, 2016, 12:58:54 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 17, 2016, 12:41:06 AM
He hasn't a f**king Scooby Doo!!!
Unfortunately, unlike with his unwanted sexual advances to women, Trump won't be able to be headed off at the pass this time.
Old Mr Trump sure had us fooled for a while. Well, a week,
The mastermind of an elite special interest  against american workers 

Mr Edell sure had us fooled for a while. He says that climate change is a myth. He's working for the Kochs, the ****

Well well if it isn't our friend the KKK, Mr Bannon is a f**king nazi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ozIHomn8Q

Britain's NUMBER ONE columnist turns both barrels on those idiot environmentalists today, and boy does he nail it! Stand by for some good, old-fashioned COMMON SENSE!

FRACK OFF, ENVIRONMENTALISTS!

JEREMY HOPKISS AT LARGE - BRITAIN'S NUMBER ONE!

So the moaning PC liberal fascists are still moaning.

Moaning about "the environment", now.

They say fracking is dangerous. They say the planet is "undergoing man-made climate change that will destroy the lives of countless millions of people".

Well I've got news for you whinging lefties - you haven't a clue what you're talking about! You can't spell "environmentalist" without "mentalist"!

Fracking is good for the environment. It releases natural carbons into the ground from which we all benefit. There's no evidence whatsoever that it has damaged people's water, and no amount of propaganda from tree-hugging crusties changes that fact, because it's a FACT. End of.

Now, if you want a real scandal about what's in your water, take fluoride. Fluoride is a mind-controlling chemical that is put in your water as a thought control technique. The sneering lefties are literally trying to brainwash you and your children!

There's also no evidence that humans are warming up the planet. Who created the Earth? God, that's who (although of course the Godless anti-religious pinko fascists deny his existence).
Do people really think that us humans can actually influence Mother Nature? What stupidity! What arrogance!

The fact is, the planet is going through one of its healthy warming cycles. And that's good - it means cheap holidays for you, me, and everybody else. No longer will we have to go to Magaluf or Torremolinos to get away to the sun. We can can just go to Bognor Regis instead. And people say a warmer planet is a bad thing!

Donald Trump has it right. He has appointed Myron Ebell, a man who actually understands real science, as opposed to the fake, politically-driven fake "science" being peddled in lefty liberal universities the world over, as his head of the Environmental Protection Agency in the US. I hope Ebell winds the damn thing up and destroys the EPA like Maggie Thatcher heroically destroyed the protected, cosseted coal miners in this country in the 1980s.

Our environment doesn't need protection. It needs to be run by efficient, wealth creating, private firms. We need to be protected from the politically correct liberal elite tree huggers who want to send us back to the dark ages.

Trump has it right. We need to burn more coal. We need to burn more fossil fuels. Trump is going to being the jobs back to coal mining areas. Carbon dioxide is a life-giving natural substance which benefits everybody.

So, I have a message for all you miserable, whining, tree hugging SJWs who want me to freeze to death in my own house on winter nights. Frack off!

Burn, baby, burn!

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on November 17, 2016, 03:27:06 PM
Unfortunately, unlike with his unwanted sexual advances to women, Trump won't be able to be headed off at the pass this time.

Mr Edell sure had us fooled for a while. He says that climate change is a myth. He's working for the Kochs, the ****

Britain's NUMBER ONE columnist turns both barrels on those idiot environmentalists today, and boy does he nail it! Stand by for some good, old-fashioned COMMON SENSE!

They say fracking is dangerous. They say the planet is "undergoing man-made climate change that will destroy the lives of countless millions of people".

Well I've got news for you whinging lefties - you haven't a clue what you're talking about! You can't spell "environmentalist" without "mentalist"!

Fracking is good for the environment. It releases natural carbons into the ground from which we all benefit. There's no evidence whatsoever that it has damaged people's water, and no amount of propaganda from tree-hugging crusties changes that fact, because it's a FACT. End of.

Now, if you want a real scandal about what's in your water, take fluoride. Fluoride is a mind-controlling chemical that is put in your water as a thought control technique. The sneering lefties are literally trying to brainwash you and your children!

There's also no evidence that humans are warming up the planet. Who created the Earth? God, that's who (although of course the Godless anti-religious pinko fascists deny his existence).
Do people really think that us humans can actually influence Mother Nature? What stupidity! What arrogance!

The fact is, the planet is going through one of its healthy warming cycles. And that's good - it means cheap holidays for you, me, and everybody else. No longer will we have to go to Magaluf or Torremolinos to get away to the sun. We can can just go to Bognor Regis instead. And people say a warmer planet is a bad thing!

Donald Trump has it right. He has appointed Myron Ebell, a man who actually understands real science, as opposed to the fake, politically-driven fake "science" being peddled in lefty liberal universities the world over, as his head of the Environmental Protection Agency in the US. I hope Ebell winds the damn thing up and destroys the EPA like Maggie Thatcher heroically destroyed the protected, cosseted coal miners in this country in the 1980s.

Our environment doesn't need protection. It needs to be run by efficient, wealth creating, private firms. We need to be protected from the politically correct liberal elite tree huggers who want to send us back to the dark ages.

Trump has it right. We need to burn more coal. We need to burn more fossil fuels. Trump is going to being the jobs back to coal mining areas. Carbon dioxide is a life-giving natural substance which benefits everybody.

So, I have a message for all you miserable, whining, tree hugging SJWs who want me to freeze to death in my own house on winter nights. Frack off!

Burn, baby, burn!

This HAS to be an Onion-type piece of satire, surely?? :o ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on November 17, 2016, 03:35:43 PM

Burn, baby, burn!

It's a real piece from today's Daily Heil.

He really tells it like it is!

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on November 17, 2016, 03:51:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 17, 2016, 03:35:43 PM

Burn, baby, burn!

It's a real piece from today's Daily Heil.

He really tells it like it is!

Seriously?

Fluoride mind control? People cannot seriously impact the environment? Fracking releases beneficial carbons into the ground? More greenhouse gases are good?

Guy is a f**king moron.

seafoid

Burn, baby, burn!
Jezza has written a short incisive piece for the Daily Telegraph since the Daily Heil doesn't pay him enough as a subcontractor.

Myron Ebell has devoted his LIFE to supporting UK house prices and the values the Daily Heil stands for viz big tits and incisive political commentary for the man on the Clapham diesel powered omnibus

Nigel Farage is our only link to the Empire of Trump and the coal that will save our economy. The Socialist/Trotskyist Treasury with its forecasts of £100bn in deficits due to Brexit is an enemy of the people. Unfortunately at the Torygraph we hate our own miners so we will gloss over this cognitive dissonace with a look at Khloe Kardashian's arse which we copied from Instagram.

easytiger95

The best bit is where he says this

QuoteI hope Ebell winds the damn thing up and destroys the EPA like Maggie Thatcher heroically destroyed the protected, cosseted coal miners in this country in the 1980s.

and then says this

QuoteTrump is going to being the jobs back to coal mining areas. Carbon dioxide is a life-giving natural substance which benefits everybody.

Never been on the Daily Mail site - is this for real?

These are terrible days. The destruction of rationality will lead to a new Dark Age - this time with nuclear weapons. I've long been a proponent of the view that the world is substantially better off than it has ever been - mortality rates, less people in abject poverty, less global conflict (and it is actually less than at any time in world history) and that the real problem is that news cycles and modern media exaggerate the extent of conflict.

However, there are people and platforms that are actually willing this into being. I don't care how badly treated you feel you have been treated by the economy and the establishment - the world is a living entity and science has proved indisputably that human activity is endangering that entity, though it is far more likely that we will destroy ourselves first. How people on the right, who claim to have faith, could ignore the unique responsibility we have on a global scale to protect the planet for our children, is beyond me - it is the inverse of the Gospel of Jesus.

My son is 5. The decisions made in the next 4 years will determine his quality of life far more than any school I can afford to put him in, any morals I can impart to him, any action I could take to protect him from the iniquities of this world. Someone posted an article from Noam Chomsky the other day in which he posited that the present day Republican Party is the most dangerous political organisation that has ever existed. I normally spurn views like that. But it is harder and harder to do.

It's not dark yet, but it's getting there.

seafoid

Evangelical christianity has to be neutered. They are Trumps biggest voting bloc and why Pence is VP. They believe climate change is a myth. The Kochs love their ignorance  . I don't know how it can be done but those people havé to be re-educated.   The  Ashers bakery people come fRom the same gene pool.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on November 17, 2016, 03:59:30 PM

Guy is a f**king moron.

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 17, 2016, 04:22:29 PM

Never been on the Daily Mail site - is this for real?
Just wait until you see his piece on "the intellectual fallacy at the heart of the professional racism-accusation movement" - it'll have you PC cucks frothing at the mouth!

I love people who use the word "fallacy" to try and win arguments - it proves they're really intelligent.