The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 26, 2016, 02:06:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 26, 2016, 01:15:03 PM
Lol....I was waiting for that

Hillary rejected Bernies offer of a CA debate before the upcmng primary.  Looks like Trump is going to take up his offer.  Hillarys situation getting more and more precarious by the day

Go bernie.  Trump will have to show if he can be statesman like,.  What channel will it be on?

No details yet....Bernie has s bad temper do let's see if he can hold his cool when the insults come flying

screenexile

I see this is a State Department report. . . There is talk of a Justice Department investigation ongoing which would render this one meaningless. When are the findings released on that? There doesn't seem to be anything major in the current report other than she used a personal email server which many SS' had done in the past only the rules were changed and she was supposed to inform key staff but didn't.

Is there anything majorly criminal about it? Meh!

This will create a bit of mud for Bernie and Trump but I don't think much will stick it's the Justice Department's investigation which will determine how the rest of her race goes. Trump was able to say he could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and his numbers would still be great I don't think this report will make much of a dent in Hillary's numbers.

I wasn't that bothered about it before but seeing how big a frenzy the fanatics are about it I think a Hillary Presidency would be fun just to see the look on their faces!! I actually think she is best qualified as well and would make less of a mess than the other 2.

"I'm with Her!"

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 26, 2016, 02:23:11 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on May 26, 2016, 02:06:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 26, 2016, 01:15:03 PM
Lol....I was waiting for that

Hillary rejected Bernies offer of a CA debate before the upcmng primary.  Looks like Trump is going to take up his offer.  Hillarys situation getting more and more precarious by the day

Go bernie.  Trump will have to show if he can be statesman like,.  What channel will it be on?

No details yet....Bernie has s bad temper do let's see if he can hold his cool when the insults come flying

I would think Bernie would be well able for Trump.

What would Trump's insult be anyway? "Comrade Bernie"??

Who will that convince, either way?

Sooner or later Trump will have to back up the bullshit and trash talk with actual policy and proper reality-based analysis.

whitey

I don't know....maybe hell attack Bernie for stating that some women like to get raped

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 26, 2016, 03:24:17 PM
I don't know....maybe hell attack Bernie for stating that some women like to get raped

I'd forgotten about that one!

Yeah, that sounds just about right for Trump's level of class.

stew

Quote from: J70 on May 26, 2016, 01:58:39 PM
Quote from: stew on May 26, 2016, 12:23:36 PM
Killory e nailed bitches, how do you libtards live with yourselves after your hero has been proven to be a lying sack of shite.

The democrat party is in turmoil, the been needs to come out and say the reason he is still in the fight for the nomination is because she should be stuck in a penitentary.

I despise Trump but I will take him all day long over that repugnant, vile obnoxious pile of dung that is Killory.

"Libtards"?

So you are going to vote for Trump after all?

Nope, I am irish and not a yank.

If I had a vote I would vote Bernie, if it was a choice between strap on and Trump I would not vote!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on May 24, 2016, 03:41:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 24, 2016, 12:37:06 PM
Class envy is bullshit, whitely. Working class GOP voters got fed up with being shafted so the 1% could increase their wealth.  This is very, very American and happens once every 80 years or so. trump has started a process that will end up with workers taking over the system.

Seafoid if that were happening Sanders would be running away with the election. Trump started by talking about building a wall with Mexico, he is feeding on something very different to the common good of workers.

Screenexile, I am always amazed at anyone with a net worth of less than a few million dollars voting GOP. They are experts at making issues like, for example, what toilet you use a higher priority than say earning a living, or sending your son to die abroad.
Muppet it will happen but it's early days. The middle class has yet to be destroyed by the 1%.
Real change only happens when people have given up on the system completely.  A vote for Clinton is a vote for the system.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Contrary to what a lot of you think it's not the 1% fvcking, the hardworking people, it's the politicians

http://usofarn.com/2013/02/09/what-quinn-didnt-tell-you/

State of IL has a $110 B underfunded pension liability that the taxpayers are on the hook for

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on May 26, 2016, 06:51:45 PM
Contrary to what a lot of you think it's not the 1% fvcking, the hardworking people, it's the politicians

State of IL has a $110 B underfunded pension liability that the taxpayers are on the hook for
Whitey most of that deficit is due to the ultra low level of interest rates that the Fed imposed for the  benefit of the richest Americans.

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on May 26, 2016, 07:35:37 PM

Whitey most of that deficit is due to the ultra low level of interest rates that the Fed imposed for the  benefit of the richest Americans.

Will you stop.

You could argue that TARP was to benefit the wealthy, at the expense of the taxpayer, but high interest rates would have been great fun for middle class mortgage holders.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Interesting perspective....do you have any links to articles that back up that statement

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on May 26, 2016, 08:29:06 PM

Will you stop.

You could argue that TARP was to benefit the wealthy, at the expense of the taxpayer, but high interest rates would have been great fun for middle class mortgage holders.

Muppet something like 60% of debt is owned by the richest Americans.
the more debt they pump out the lower rates go.

It's called debt deflation and it's a rerun of a movie that was in cinemas in the 30s

https://fraser.stlouisfed.org/docs/meltzer/fisdeb33.pdf

It's short enough to read on the tube out to ruislip

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on May 26, 2016, 10:57:15 PM

Will you stop.

It's called debt deflation and it's a rerun of a movie that was in cinemas in the 30s

Every political system that ever existed had the 1%. In fact it was probably far worse in the past. We are far less class based that at any time in history and it is improving al the time. We are more traveled, more educated and have greater freedom from war and illness than ever. This of course doesn't apply to everyone on earth, but it never, ever did in the past.

I dare say most of us here had better childhoods than our parents and have better standards of living than they had. If we are not as happy as they were, then we need to look at ourselves instead of blaming easy targets.

We have a choice, whether to live our lives permanently angry at perceived enemies and wishing we had more, or we can enjoy what we have.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on May 26, 2016, 10:57:15 PM

Will you stop.

Were talking about munis here, not Federal debt

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2014/12/11/investors-just-say-no-to-illinois-nj-and-pr-muni-bonds/#2a09ce17322

"So the system has run amok. Detroit General Obligation bondholders received only 74 cents on the dollar in bankruptcy reparations. Limited GO bondholders recovered even less from the city's bankruptcy—just 34 cents on the dollar."

If you bought IL Muni bonds in 2009, you have experienced 13 rating downgrades from the major rating agencies.  IL (And Chicago in particular) have unsustainable deficits and pension shortfalls that have zero to do with what the Fed is doing. The investors who bought this paper will possibly get fvcked, and many of them are very far from the top 1%