Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 04:51:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 02:33:50 PM
What the hell is getting into the Clintons?

They seem to be losing the plot completely

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/22/rivals-seize-on-bill-clintons-remarks-about-obamas-last-eight-years/?_r=0

http://www.inquisitr.com/2907196/chelsea-clinton-says-hillary-clinton-wants-obamacare-for-illegal-aliens-video/

1. Come on - Clinton is clearly talking about GOP conduct and obstructionism (this one is even worse and more pathetic than the "you didn't build that" outrage of four years ago!).
2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab? Given that conservatives are supposedly MOST worried about government costs?

You and I both know that, but will the low information voters know it?

Very similar to Romneys 47% comment. Everyone (who wanted to) knew what he meant but he didn't articulate it properly and it got twisted and turned

To me, the 47% thing was a case of Romney saying what he really thought, in what he thought was a safe place.

Similar to Obama's comment about working class whites voting against their economic interests because they "cling to their guns or religion".

So you give Bill the benefit of the doubt but not Mitt???

(Same way you're giving Harry Reid, Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer the benefit of the doubt over the Supreme Court nominees)

See thats the problem, everything your/my guy says is taken out of context, while anything the opposition says truly reveals their intent-LOL

Clinton was clearly talking about the GOP. There is no other reasonable interpretation for what he said.

You'll have to explain to me how Romney was misinterpreted. To me, he was saying what he clearly thought in a situation where he could be honest, that a certain segment of the population was out of reach for him because they viewed the Democrats as more favourable in terms of government benefits. If I'm wrong, please explain how.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. The government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean the president starts off with 48, 49... he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5–10% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not

As for the supreme court, all you have for Reid, Biden, Schumer etc. is talk and threats, something politicians specialize in. NOT action. Biden, as committee chairman, gave the GOP nominees their due consideration i.e interviews, hearings, committee and then whole senate votes. The GOP are, so far, taking action. We'll see how it pans out.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 07:32:26 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 04:22:43 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 04:16:13 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 04:09:10 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 04:00:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 03:43:42 PM
And he is promising that everything 'is going to be great'.

You've no reason to doubt it.

Finally, this might be the difference between us.

If a strange chick walked up to you in a bar, covered in fake tan, with hair like a bleached grapefruit, and promised you that everything was 'going to be great', you would be off to the nearest registry office.

Me, I would need to see a lot more evidence. A lot more. And frequently.

And your other option would be someone who looks like shirley temple-bar, solicits money from well heeled clients and has a reputation for leaving a trail of dead people in her wake.

tough choice ;)

Republicans blaming Hillary for 'leaving a trail of dead people' is the best possible example of the anti-intellectualism problem in American politics.

Pass the popcorn Hillary!!

You stick up a photo of the situation room during the Bin Laden raid?

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 04:45:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 04:34:33 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 03:59:49 PM

2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab?

Ask for a credit card up front. Works for hotels.

And when the illegal immigrant has no credit card?

Then don't go on holidays in the first place

Meanwhile, in the real world...

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 08:30:44 PM

2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab?

Making excuses again. No valid paperwork so shouldn't be there. Should be turfed out.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 08:42:49 PM

Making excuses again. No valid paperwork so shouldn't be there. Should be turfed out.

You're not going to give them medical care first before they enter the process of deportation?

Oraisteach

seafoid

Deportation of 11m would cost upwards of 250bn. I can't see it happening

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432876/donald-trump-white-working-class-dysfunction-real-opportunity-needed-not-trump

The Washington Post's "Wonkbook" newsletter compared the counties Trump won in the so-called Super Tuesday primaries with the demographic data and found trends that will surprise no one who has been paying attention (and certainly no one, I hope, who has been reading this magazine). The life expectancies among non-college-educated white Americans have been plummeting in an almost unprecedented fashion, a trend not seen on such a large scale since the collapse of the Soviet Union and the social anarchy that prevailed in Russia afterward. Trump counties had proportionally fewer people with college degrees. Trump counties had fewer people working. And the white people in Trump counties were likely to die younger. The causes of death were "increased rates of disease and ill health, increased drug overdose and abuse, and suicide," the Post's Wonkblog website reported.

seafoid

Imagine someone writing this about Cavan or Thurles

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432876/donald-trump-white-working-class-dysfunction-real-opportunity-needed-not-trump

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs. Forget your goddamned gypsum, and, if he has a problem with that, forget Ed Burke, too. The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles. Donald Trump's speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin. What they need isn't analgesics, literal or political. They need real opportunity, which means that they need real change, which means that they need U-Haul. If you want to live, get out of Garbutt.

stew

Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 04:51:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 02:33:50 PM
What the hell is getting into the Clintons?

They seem to be losing the plot completely

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/22/rivals-seize-on-bill-clintons-remarks-about-obamas-last-eight-years/?_r=0

http://www.inquisitr.com/2907196/chelsea-clinton-says-hillary-clinton-wants-obamacare-for-illegal-aliens-video/

1. Come on - Clinton is clearly talking about GOP conduct and obstructionism (this one is even worse and more pathetic than the "you didn't build that" outrage of four years ago!).
2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab? Given that conservatives are supposedly MOST worried about government costs?

You and I both know that, but will the low information voters know it?

Very similar to Romneys 47% comment. Everyone (who wanted to) knew what he meant but he didn't articulate it properly and it got twisted and turned

To me, the 47% thing was a case of Romney saying what he really thought, in what he thought was a safe place.

Similar to Obama's comment about working class whites voting against their economic interests because they "cling to their guns or religion".

So you give Bill the benefit of the doubt but not Mitt???

(Same way you're giving Harry Reid, Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer the benefit of the doubt over the Supreme Court nominees)

See thats the problem, everything your/my guy says is taken out of context, while anything the opposition says truly reveals their intent-LOL

Clinton was clearly talking about the GOP. There is no other reasonable interpretation for what he said.

You'll have to explain to me how Romney was misinterpreted. To me, he was saying what he clearly thought in a situation where he could be honest, that a certain segment of the population was out of reach for him because they viewed the Democrats as more favourable in terms of government benefits. If I'm wrong, please explain how.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. The government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean the president starts off with 48, 49... he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5–10% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not

As for the supreme court, all you have for Reid, Biden, Schumer etc. is talk and threats, something politicians specialize in. NOT action. Biden, as committee chairman, gave the GOP nominees their due consideration i.e interviews, hearings, committee and then whole senate votes. The GOP are, so far, taking action. We'll see how it pans out.

Was he f**k! Its as clear as mud and all he had to was state he blamed the GOP and not Obama.

Keep making shit up as you go along and keep that liberal spin going, you are so far from reality it is beyond belief, Clinton and ohama despise each other, try have done since before the mouse was elected president, something o for with the truths about his wife and her foibles when they ran against each other eight year ago.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

Quote from: seafoid on March 23, 2016, 02:44:12 AM
Deportation of 11m would cost upwards of 250bn. I can't see it happening

250BN ?? For that money you could stick a bounty for folk capturing illegals and hire out some greyhound coaches to ferry them en masse over the border once the bus is full. Trump's wall then would keep them out.
Could do it for a lot less than 250bn and the good folk of America could profit from this new occupation. Everyone wins!

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 09:50:31 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 08:42:49 PM

You're not going to give them medical care first before they enter the process of deportation?

It's that attitude towards people breaking the law which screws things up for the legal resident.
Using public resources to which they make no contribution - takes public money and hospital space from real citizens.

I'll just do what I want and let those suckers pay for it.

heganboy

Quote from: foxcommander on March 23, 2016, 11:43:59 AM

Could do it for a lot less than 250bn and the good folk of America could profit from this new occupation. Everyone wins!
I dint think that there are many "good folk of america" in the bounty hunting business, with apologies to all the thin skinned easily offended bounty hunters who may take umbrage at that comment.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on March 23, 2016, 03:25:14 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 23, 2016, 11:43:59 AM

I dint think that there are many "good folk of america" in the bounty hunting business, with apologies to all the thin skinned easily offended bounty hunters who may take umbrage at that comment.

Think of it as job creation.
With 250 billion up for grabs it will be a lucrative career.