The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: stew on February 15, 2016, 07:35:04 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 15, 2016, 03:13:14 AM

The man is among the top jurists in the history of the USA you abomination, have some class, the man is not dead yet and you are foaming at the mouth to get at him.

The man is ten times the jurist Thomas will ever be you libtard dolt.

From the man who uses the sickening "libtard" and calls a woman he he has never met a **** I would love to know what your version of class looks like.

Settle the f**king head it sounds like you're about to do yourself an injury with all that hate you have built up! You could do with moving back home to chill the f**k out!!!

stew

Quote from: hardstation on February 15, 2016, 11:38:06 PM
Where are you headed if Democrats win, stew?

If killory wins and is not in jail i will be in Europe, if Sanders wins I will be in a country that is completely PC, like the vatican, Switzerland or the republic.

If Trump wins we are all fucked so it does not matter really where I am at.

Hope that answers your question.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

If the shoe was on the other foot the Democrats would be doing exactly the same

Come to think of it.....they did when Bush was coming towards the end of his term

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/14/flashback-in-2007-schumer-called-for-blocking-all-bush-supreme-court-nominations/

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on February 16, 2016, 12:05:13 AM

Come to think of it.....they did when Bush was coming towards the end of his term

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/14/flashback-in-2007-schumer-called-for-blocking-all-bush-supreme-court-nominations/

That's all well and good but you're actively trying to get Cruz or Trump elected  . . . really think about what that means!!

stew

Quote from: screenexile on February 15, 2016, 11:51:56 PM
Quote from: stew on February 15, 2016, 07:35:04 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 15, 2016, 03:13:14 AM

The man is among the top jurists in the history of the USA you abomination, have some class, the man is not dead yet and you are foaming at the mouth to get at him.

The man is ten times the jurist Thomas will ever be you libtard dolt.

From the man who uses the sickening "libtard" and calls a woman he he has never met a **** I would love to know what your version of class looks like.

Settle the f**king head it sounds like you're about to do yourself an injury with all that hate you have built up! You could do with moving back home to chill the f**k out!!!

The next time a single liberal arsewipe on here shows some class will be the first time, why should I, cuntin talks about this yet she has had yanks killed and has the sheep fawning over her so she can beat the big bad conservatives, you people sicken my shite, some of you.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on February 16, 2016, 12:21:42 AM

That's all well and good but you're actively trying to get Cruz or Trump elected  . . . really think about what that means!!

I'd be more of a Christie or Kasich supporter, but I dont live in a swing state so my vote doesn't count

muppet

US political discourse is even lower brow than our own, and that is really saying something.

Any halfwit can see that Obama can, at the very least, make nominations as he sees fit. And he will. Anyone 'outraged' over him doing his job, the same as Reagan did his, or any other President did in the past, or will do again in the future, needs to look at themselves.

Senior politicians being outraged about it, no matter which of the political asylums they come from, should be charged with sedition.

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on February 16, 2016, 12:33:36 AM
US political discourse is even lower brow than our own, and that is really saying something.

Any halfwit can see that Obama can, at the very least, make nominations as he sees fit. And he will. Anyone 'outraged' over him doing his job, the same as Reagan did his, or any other President did in the past, or will do again in the future, needs to look at themselves.

Senior politicians being outraged about it, no matter which of the political asylums they come from, should be charged with sedition.
Nice to see you back, Muppet

US political discourse is dreadful

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012/05/24/how-republicans-got-way/

J70

Quote from: stew on February 15, 2016, 10:40:58 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on February 15, 2016, 08:47:07 PM
Stew, getting riled up about a candidate is part and parcel of paying attention to election year drama, but calling Clinton "Cuntin" and a "ho" doesn't bolster your position.  I'm not a huge Hillary Clinton fan, but when I consider what I believe to be Sanders' unelectability and the array of conservative candidates, all of whom would deepen the rich-poor chasm in American society and strip away the qualities that comprise a decent and moral society, I feel obliged to vote for her, or whatever Democratic candidate opposes whatever right-wing wrestler emerges from their current cage match.

This election is too important.  A couple of days ago, I argued with a friend that more important than the president was the Supreme Court nominees he or she put forward, and then Scalia died, making the election decision even more crucial.

By the way, I do think that the cartoon Eamonn posted hit the nail square on the head.  With Thomas, Scalia was an originalist in interpreting the Constitution, one who believed what Rubio said in the recent debate that "The Constitution is not a living, breathing document. It is to be interpreted as originally meant."  Eamonn's cartoon underscores the absurdity of that position.

With Armagh falling faster than Ben Carson's popularity, the election cycle over the next few months coupled with the brouhaha over Obama's nomination of a new justice will make for exciting and vital times.

A supreme judge just died and you were front and centre picking his bones before he was cold, you speak like you would consider voting for a decent conservative yet you know Clinton could run against trump, a bigger liberal than she could ever be and you would vote for killory.

As for gallswan, it's Tuesday ffs, no beer taken here, just pure loathing for a political whore who stands for nothing, who has had people killed and who has nothing but contempt for the women her husband took advantage of whilst in office, vote Clinton gallsman, you are a match made in Hades you horrible b**tard ye.

Spare us the sanctimony and fake outrage FFS. As if anything said here is remotely of interest to the family of Antonin Scalia! Besides, Mitch McConnell didn't wait even an hour before declaring any attempt to appoint a successor DOA. And he was not the only one to instantly politicize it. And thus make such talk newsworthy.

As for the rest of your rant - "had people killed" - get some help stew. You're making a show of yourself with the deranged right wing conspiracy shite.

J70

Quote from: stew on February 15, 2016, 11:33:33 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on February 15, 2016, 11:17:49 PM
Stew, I don't think I was picking anyone's bones, but I'm not exactly heartbroken given his judicial decisions.  If I thought his family we're regulars on this board I would probably temper my remarks.

Sorry, too, that I gave the impression that I would vote for a conservative.  Not a chance of that happening. Better chance of the Browns winning Super Bowl LI (and, given this field, I'd love to know what a decent conservative is).

Can't wait for the Senate to drag its heels when Obama nominates a new justice,  as is his constitutional duty.  They do love the Constitution.

Hope you're not freezing in the Great White North.

He is w**king himself to throw a lib would be nominee under the bus, tell the truth, when was the last time a supreme court judge got elected when a sitting president had ten months left to f**k up the country? A hundred maybe?

So is his term only really seven years then? Are the rest of his duties to be similarly curtailed in his last year?

How about the Senate? Shouldn't those 24 GOP senators whose terms are winding down be similarly told to f**k off and forget about their duties, thus leaving their opinions on this issue irrelevant?

When was the last time the issue came up? Besides Reagan and Anthony Kennedy. And LBJ and his failed pick, who at least got a hearing.

As for "f**king up the country", things are a hell of a lot better than they were when he took over.

No thanks to the GOP.

J70

We will never know if they would have followed through on Schumer's rhetoric.

What we do know is that never before have so many judicial, and other, appointments been blocked for naked, partisan political reasons, even before Scalia died. Why the hell would the Dems have otherwise have had to push through all those judges a couple of years back on a technicality to get around GOP obstructionism, even before they took the Senate back? And its only got worse since.

Well, the shoe will be on the other foot again, soon enough.

Vacant court seats, even at the supreme level, will become the norm, in both liberal and conservative circuits.

American politics is sick. All the way down to the grass roots.

J70

Quote from: muppet on February 16, 2016, 12:33:36 AM

And the same gobshites who are outraged that Obama might have the gall to do his job in this case never shut up whining about golf  vacations or his supposed repeated violations of the constitution.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on February 16, 2016, 01:33:05 AM

What we do know is that never before have so many judicial, and other, appointments been blocked for naked, partisan political reasons, even before Scalia died. Why the hell would the Dems have otherwise have had to push through all those judges a couple of years back on a technicality to get around GOP obstructionism, even before they took the Senate back? And its only got worse since.

Vacant court seats, even at the supreme level, will become the norm, in both liberal and conservative circuits.

lol-so when Demcrats proposed doing the same thing on W, it was just meaningless rhetoric??

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 16, 2016, 01:54:52 AM
Quote from: J70 on February 16, 2016, 01:33:05 AM

lol-so when Demcrats proposed doing the same thing on W, it was just meaningless rhetoric??

Where did I say it was meaningless?

I said we would never know if they would have followed up on it. Which is a fact.

But, taking them at their current word, the GOP will deny Obama's nominee a hearing.

Politicians make threats and play to their base all the time. Always have.

The difference here is that the GOP are promising, in a real life test of what is usually bullshit and sabre rattling and staking out a starting position, to make good on those threats.

But if you have any examples of where the Democrats have actually obstructed a GOP president to the degree that the Republicans have Obama over the last seven years, especially when it comes to political and judicial appointments, fire away.

whitey

rhet·o·ric
ˈredərik/
noun
the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.
synonyms:   oratory, eloquence, command of language, way with words
"a form of rhetoric"
language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.
"all we have from the opposition is empty rhetoric"
synonyms:   bombast, turgidity, grandiloquence, magniloquence, pomposity, extravagant language, purple prose; More

Your use of the word rhetoric alone implies an idle threat