The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 05, 2015, 12:42:09 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 05, 2015, 09:59:09 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 05, 2015, 06:01:54 AM
Sweet Jesus. Not a very well thought out protest.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-brunch-protests-nyc-berkeley-oakland-190212742.html

Lol...file under...get a fvckin job!

I hope you two don't represent the attitudes of many in the US, because if you do, there is going to be serious conflict in the near future.
and who is trying to create a conflict? Targeting establishments due to their clientele isn't meant to be provocative or threatening?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 05, 2015, 08:27:43 PM

I hope you two don't represent the attitudes of many in the US, because if you do, there is going to be serious conflict in the near future.
and who is trying to create a conflict? Targeting establishments due to their clientele isn't meant to be provocative or threatening?

We know.

Shoot them all.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on January 05, 2015, 08:56:01 PM

We know.

Shoot them all.

Maybe your Uncle Al could get one of his supporters to burn the place down if they don't stop eating their bagels and cream cheese

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/01/ferguson-arsonist-spoke-at-al-sharptons-national-action-network-rally-in-dc-video/

muppet

Quote from: whitey on January 05, 2015, 09:07:53 PM

We know.

Shoot them all.

Maybe your Uncle Al could get one of his supporters to burn the place down if they don't stop eating their bagels and cream cheese

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/01/ferguson-arsonist-spoke-at-al-sharptons-national-action-network-rally-in-dc-video/

And Whitey brings up his hero Al again.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on January 05, 2015, 09:28:04 PM

We know.

Shoot them all.

Go back and read the thread....if I'm not mistaken YOU are the first person to mention him

muppet

Quote from: whitey on January 05, 2015, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 05, 2015, 09:28:04 PM

Go back and read the thread....if I'm not mistaken YOU are the first person to mention him

You are mistaken.

Al Sharpton is only used on this thread recently by those looking for a straw man argument to justify the shooting of unarmed black men or children. It is standard Fox News style to pick an extreme angle and pretend that everyone who doesn't agree with your view subscribes to that extreme view.

The daft logic is a bit like this:

Fox News: So Mr. XXXX they have rock solid evidence of you killing Y, Y & Y. They are seeking the death penalty.
Spokesman Whitey: Al Sharpton.
Fox News: Whitey you are a great man and your client is a victim of a miscarriage of justice.

Foxcommander, Stew & Maigheo are the first three to mention Sharpton as far as I can see with a quick search. Stew also mentioned him in 2009.

See for yourself:

Quote from: foxcommander on November 26, 2014, 03:40:05 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 26, 2014, 03:16:51 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 26, 2014, 02:54:11 PM
Quote from: deiseach on November 26, 2014, 02:41:33 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 26, 2014, 02:19:59 PM
I thought the police officer was punched a couple of times according to the evidence.  One thing I have learned from my visits to the states is that you don't mess about with the cops.

#ThingsMoreHurtThanDarrenWilson

If Michael Brown had been behaving himself he'd still be alive. His death is being used by others to further their agenda and stoke tension. If a black police officer had shot him do you think there would be the same outcry and nationwide protests?

It wasn't though a black police officer . . . your first point has a little but of validity but the second point is just whataboutery!

In fairness your first point is ridiculous as well. 'Not behaving yourself' is not punishable by death!

Not behaving yourself isn't punishable by death. It's regrettable that it happened in the first place. The officer involved may have been too inexperienced to handle the situation on his own and made a huge mistake in judgement. 76 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty in 2013 according to the FBI.

As for the 'whataboutery' - there are multiple murders and deaths in the states on a daily basis yet this is the one that makes the headlines. Only difference here is that the ethnicity of the people involved to suggest that this was a hate crime.
Ditto the Trayvon Martin case, in that instance George Zimmerman wasn't a police officer but there was Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson stoking up tension. There's a market for hatred and serious money to be made.

here:

Quote from: maigheo on November 27, 2014, 03:59:57 PM
Jeez Deiseach ,what the hell are you on about?.Did you read anything about the case or are you just listening to Al Sharpton?  The eye witness"s who gave evidence said that Brown was charging at Wilson like a football player,so Wilson was justified in shooting him if he thought his life was in danger and the final shot was fired when Brown was 5 to 8 feet away.

and here:

Quote from: stew on November 27, 2014, 03:38:55 PM
Quote from: maigheo on November 27, 2014, 02:36:19 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 27, 2014, 12:43:20 AM
Hard to believe the policeman can have a "clean conscience" after shooting dead an unarmed teenager, shows how much he values another man's life
Did you see the full interview with the police officer?The "clear conscience" comment is strictly in relation to the confrontation and shooting of Mike Brown and nothing to do with how much he values another mans life.He says later on in the interview that he feels a lot of remorse about Browns death but of course that would not suit the narrative of the police officer being the bad guy.And as for the prosecutor being like a defense lawyer for the police officer,what a load of rubbish.He gave the grand jury every piece of evidence in the case and let them decide and this is rarely the case when grand jurys are convened.Every body wants justice but the only justice in this case for a lot of people would be for the officer to convicted of first degree murder regardless of the facts

I thought the prosecutor played a blinder given the hand he was dealt, he gave the evidence and ONLY the evidence and let the grand Jury decide, the man was in a no win situation and he did what he thought best and he made the best decisions he could based on the facts he had to work with!

That aul bastid Sharpton is a twisted, vile piece of shite, a pub hound if ever there was one!!!

Notice how anyone with an opinion different to the lads above are all accused to have been listening to Al Sharpton. Is this the US version of Godwin's Law? It certainly seems so.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

You're right....I had time to go back and check it was J70 who brought him up in the current discussion

muppet

Quote from: whitey on January 05, 2015, 11:32:28 PM
You're right....I had time to go back and check it was J70 who brought him up in the current discussion

On everything?

Fair play, wasn't expecting that.  :D
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

We know.

Shoot them all.

Your reaction shows you have no response.

If these protesters beef is with the police then why have they targeted a section of the community instead. Or are all these protests just a farce? Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that...

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 05, 2015, 11:32:28 PM

I did??

No recollection of that.

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 06, 2015, 01:21:42 AM

We know.

Shoot them all.

If these protesters beef is with the police then why have they targeted a section of the community instead. Or are all these protests just a farce? Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that...

There is no point in debating you. You are trapped in a 'them versus us' dogma.

You haven't the faintest idea why these people would want to protest, and it would take a much better man than me to show you why they are doing it.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 06, 2015, 03:33:18 AM

We know.

Shoot them all.

You haven't the faintest idea why these people would want to protest, and it would take a much better man than me to show you why they are doing it.

I asked you a straightforward question. Forget about the other debates so far and see if you can answer it.

"If these protesters beef is with the police then why have they targeted a section of the community instead"

and in their words

"target white spaces"

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on January 06, 2015, 04:31:49 AM
Quote from: muppet on January 06, 2015, 03:33:18 AM

We know.

Shoot them all.

I asked you a straightforward question. Forget about the other debates so far and see if you can answer it.

"If these protesters beef is with the police then why have they targeted a section of the community instead"

and in their words

"target white spaces"

Unarmed black people are shot dead by white cops and you are demanding to know why the inevitable protests are aimed at white people? Are you serious?

A strong sense of injustice is a very, very powerful and dangerous emotion. We have seen it all over the world and we have seen the responses it can generate on this island. You would be wise to open your mind instead of Paisleyite ranting.

MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on January 06, 2015, 05:01:18 AM
Unarmed black people are shot dead by white cops and you are demanding to know why the inevitable protests are aimed at white people? Are you serious?

A strong sense of injustice is a very, very powerful and dangerous emotion. We have seen it all over the world and we have seen the responses it can generate on this island. You would be wise to open your mind instead of Paisleyite ranting.

Yet again you sidestepped the question.

As far as I know not all white people are cops - unless you wish to try make some sort of sweeping generalization. It's all their fault. I don't think children can be cops but you know better obviously.

And I believe the police force has members from all backgrounds. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

All I see is organised intimidation targeting law abiding members of the public. Isn't this the same sort of stereotyping and profiling the protestors are rallying against in the first place or do the rules not apply. Just like using certain words.