The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

I don't know a pile about polls in America or their reliability just posted up the link.

I think for this particular presidential election it's the lesser of 2 evils. I'm not a fan of either really but I would say if I were that side of the water I'd be a Democrat.

Don't understand what was wrong with Obama at the last debate. For such a gifted Public Speaker he didn't seem to relish the challenge at all, surely he needed to come out with the big guns early and blow Romney away and it's not as if he doesn't have the ammunition. Did he not want to appear too smug? Was he not well? Is he not up for another battle?

Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out. I can see another Democratic victory but Republican control of the house and another 4 years of nothing really getting done... Unfortunate if you're an American!!!

nifan

On the plus sid efor obama, surely he has plenty of material from the massive spin/lies of romney for the next debate?

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Declan on October 09, 2012, 05:08:27 PM
Do people seriously buy this crap?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJ_8-etLLk&sns=em

Yes, you would have to live here to understand how people react to these ads, you'd pull your hair out sometimes. I don't even bother arguing anymore as it has become a waste of time and energy. I have not seen that ad here in south Florida probably due to the fact that the area has a big gay population but I'm sure it will be aired in the more conservative areas of north Florida and in the other swing states for a targeted audience.

dec

New York isn't a swing state so thankfully we are spared most of the political ads and fast forward on the DVR takes care of the rest except during live sport.

Of course that means I am not up to date on the garbage that is being poured out by the nutjobs.

tyssam5

Quote from: screenexile on October 09, 2012, 10:48:41 AM
I don't know a pile about polls in America or their reliability just posted up the link.

I think for this particular presidential election it's the lesser of 2 evils. I'm not a fan of either really but I would say if I were that side of the water I'd be a Democrat.

Don't understand what was wrong with Obama at the last debate. For such a gifted Public Speaker he didn't seem to relish the challenge at all, surely he needed to come out with the big guns early and blow Romney away and it's not as if he doesn't have the ammunition. Did he not want to appear too smug? Was he not well? Is he not up for another battle?

Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out. I can see another Democratic victory but Republican control of the house and another 4 years of nothing really getting done... Unfortunate if you're an American!!!

A lot of commentators say the public tends to remember the last debate more. I missed the first one as I was out for dinner, trying to support the economy!

tyssam5

This is a keenly fought debate. Mitt vs. Mitt. Kerry got battered with the 'flip-flopper' tag, Mitt seem to be getting a pass on a lot of his ideological inconsistencies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-debates-himself-video_n_1949414.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

deiseach

In fairness to Team Romney, that ad was not direct from them. It came from the 'Campaign for American Values'. I suppose if you believe the world is 6,000 years old and prehistoric man hunted dinosaurs, it should be right at your level.

tyssam5

Stew was right, some black people are indeed voting for Obama cos 'he a black nigga'! Also anti Romney cos 'bitch got a dancing horse'.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/bitch-got-dancing-horse-why-snoop-dogg-isnt-voting-mitt-romney

stew

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 10, 2012, 04:50:19 PM
Stew was right, some black people are indeed voting for Obama cos 'he a black nigga'! Also anti Romney cos 'bitch got a dancing horse'.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/bitch-got-dancing-horse-why-snoop-dogg-isnt-voting-mitt-romney

Never used that term...............just to clarify!

Sammy L & snoopy are two examples of the ignorance of some voters, snoopy is a clown but Sammy is a smart guy, why he would say what he said is beyond me.

It always galls when when black people call each other nigger, no problem with the term then..........right up until a white guy say's it and bang, they are offended and ready to throw or worse.

Bill Cosby hates that shite, he is a man who has urged black people across the country to stop using the term, to no avail.

Another thing that annoyed me was Colin Powell, he was a long time  friend of M'Cain and a Republican right up to the last election, when for the first time, he voted for a Democrat, why was that I wonder.

Finally there is a lot of reverse racism over here, it's not so long ago a black racist went on tv and went on a hate filled rant that stated that he wanted black people to rise up and kill eery white baby, baby momma and every white man in the US of A...............what got done, absolutely nothing, the rules got thrown out the window thanks to the fact that no one stood up and held the fcuker accountable for what came out of his mouth. If that is not reverse racism and incitement to hatred I don't know what is.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on October 10, 2012, 07:33:09 PM

Sammy L & snoopy are two examples of the ignorance of some voters, snoopy is a clown but Sammy is a smart guy, why he would say what he said is beyond me.

It always galls when when black people call each other nigger, no problem with the term then..........right up until a white guy say's it and bang, they are offended and ready to throw or worse.

Doesn't gall me, but I do find it strange. I guess its a way of reclaiming what was a very offensive label.

However, if you cannot see the difference between a white person using the term and two black guys using it in conversation, whether as a term of abuse or affection... Context and baggage mean a lot.

Bill Cosby hates that shite, he is a man who has urged black people across the country to stop using the term, to no avail.
In my view, he is correct. However, I am not black.

Another thing that annoyed me was Colin Powell, he was a long time  friend of M'Cain and a Republican right up to the last election, when for the first time, he voted for a Democrat, why was that I wonder.

Why "wonder" when he explained it himself:

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell announced Sunday that he will be voting for Sen. Barack Obama, citing the Democrat's "ability to inspire" and the "inclusive nature of his campaign."

"I think he is a transformational figure, he is a new generation coming onto the world stage, onto the American stage, and for that reason I'll be voting for Sen. Barack Obama," Powell said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Powell said he was concerned about what he characterized as a recent negative turn of Republican candidate Sen. John McCain's campaign, such as the campaign's attempts to tie Obama to former 1960s radical Bill Ayers.

Finally there is a lot of reverse racism over here, it's not so long ago a black racist went on tv and went on a hate filled rant that stated that he wanted black people to rise up and kill eery white baby, baby momma and every white man in the US of A...............what got done, absolutely nothing, the rules got thrown out the window thanks to the fact that no one stood up and held the fcuker accountable for what came out of his mouth. If that is not reverse racism and incitement to hatred I don't know what is.

"A lot of reverse racism"?? Where? When?

Who was this black guy who went on the rant against white people? What exactly did he say?

tyssam5

I hear you my Fenian brother!

Declan

Good to see Romney carrying on as before - it really is a horrible business
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19905786

nifan

This isnt "reverse racism" - its just racism.
Who was this guy? was he in some position of authority where he could be disciplined?

stew

Quote from: nifan on October 11, 2012, 08:55:23 AM

This isnt "reverse racism" - its just racism.
Who was this guy? was he in some position of authority where he could be disciplined?

I agree with you nifan, but that is what it is called here and I have been here since 96.

He was the leader of some sort of black militia and I am going to try and find out and find the interview, he did not do a day in jail for it either.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.