Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: stew on September 30, 2012, 07:00:25 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on September 29, 2012, 08:12:56 PM
Quote from: stew on September 28, 2012, 09:31:35 PM
Quote from: heganboy on September 28, 2012, 09:02:54 PM
Samuel L Jackson ad to get out the vote for Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTtS17xcr-U

Samuel L Jackson just wants to keep a black man as the President, he does not give two shites about his policies, he votes for the black guy.

Pretty fecked up way of choosing a President I think.

So I take you'll be voting for the white guy then?

I am Irish, I dont get a vote, I think they are both shite and I dont give a damn what color a man is, I despise the looney left and hate what Obamanation has done to the USA in terms of the national debt, he is a horror story and needs to be stopped, unfortunately Romney is not the man to do it.

America is clean fecked no matter who gets in, they both suck!

So do you think the US should have gone the European austerity route then Stew?

deiseach

The idea that both parties are the same in America is laughable. One party wants to eliminate all forms of social welfare. The other wants to maintain the status quo. Whatever you think of America, you can't say Americans don't have a choice.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on October 01, 2012, 09:04:26 AM
The idea that both parties are the same in America is laughable. One party wants to eliminate all forms of social welfare. The other wants to maintain the status quo. Whatever you think of America, you can't say Americans don't have a choice.

The war party has a liberal wing and a nut conservative wing. They answer to the plutocrats.

I think the US political system is broken at this stage

stew

Quote from: seafoid on October 01, 2012, 09:09:57 AM

The war party has a [NUT[]t liberal wing and a nut conservative wing. They answer to the plutocrats.

Why is it that the war party has a liberal wing and a nut conservative wing?  are liberals incapable of being a nut?

The US system has been broken for quite a while, I would love to see the people of America have more than two horrible choices.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on October 01, 2012, 04:23:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 01, 2012, 09:09:57 AM

The war party has a [NUT[]t liberal wing and a nut conservative wing. They answer to the plutocrats.

Why is it that the war party has a liberal wing and a nut conservative wing?  are liberals incapable of being a nut?

The US system has been broken for quite a while, I would love to see the people of America have more than two horrible choices.

The Republicans are nuts now, Stew. Between birthers, Paul Ryan, the MILF wing with Palin and Bachmann and the Tea party they are a right crowd of clowns.  All the decent moderates have been hounded out by the extremists. They'll force the US over the funding cliff in December. They were responsible for the downgrade last year through their intransigence. 

And the American people deserve way better. 

tyssam5

Samuel L Jackson just wants to keep a black man as the President, he does not give two shites about his policies, he votes for the black guy.

I am Irish, I dont get a vote, I think they are both shite and I dont give a damn what color a man is, I despise the looney left and hate what Obamanation has done to the USA in terms of the national debt, he is a horror story and needs to be stopped, unfortunately Romney is not the man to do it.

You should get your citizenship sorted out, seems like voting might help get rid of sme of your frustrations.

dodgy umpire

Does anyone know where I can watch the debates?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

stew

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 01, 2012, 06:03:40 PM

You should get your citizenship sorted out, seems like voting might help get rid of sme of your frustrations.

Eh, I am Irish, should I be happy Obama is arse f**king the American economy??? Is that what you want you numpty?

I owe Ireland nothing, ireland owes me nothing, I love the country and am fcuked if I know why?????

Pertaining to America, the liberals are going to ruin the country, the neo conseratives are going to ruin the country...............basically the country is fecked, do you get it now?????

heganboy

Quote from: stew on October 03, 2012, 05:34:25 PM

Pertaining to America, the liberals are going to ruin the country, the neo conseratives are going to ruin the country...............basically the country is fecked

Ladies and Gentlemen- me and Stew in complete agreement on American politics- a first

Now,  where do we find some bollocks that is smart enough to run the country in a way that suits the 95% that don't fall into either camp, but are choosing between these two lesser of two evils, but also  someone dumb enough to want to do the job?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Absolutely, but the difference for me is that the Republicans have no redeeming features at all. Democrats are poor enough, but at least they aren't mired in anti-intellectualism, pseudoscience, callousness and bigotry.  Obama has not been good, but the Republicans have been a complete and utter disgrace over the past few years.

Oraisteach

"Anti-intellectualism, pseudoscience, callousness and bigotry."  A splendid synopsis.  Given their attempts to disenfrachise whole chunks of the electorate, I'd add to that list "cheating" (probably a sub-section of bigotry).  Wonder if Chad will be hanging about this time around. Not exactly enamored with the Democrats, but I sure loathe the Republicans.  Can't wait to hear Romney's pre-rehearsed ad-libs this evening.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 03, 2012, 08:08:27 PM
"Anti-intellectualism, pseudoscience, callousness and bigotry."  A splendid synopsis.  Given their attempts to disenfrachise whole chunks of the electorate, I'd add to that list "cheating" (probably a sub-section of bigotry).  Wonder if Chad will be hanging about this time around. Not exactly enamored with the Democrats, but I sure loathe the Republicans.  Can't wait to hear Romney's pre-rehearsed ad-libs this evening.

"A splendid synopsis" my arse orais............... Obama has this country on the road to ruin, he has added 5 trillion to the defecit, how the hell can one man justify that in under four years????

I know plenty of republican supporters who are the salt of the earth, same goes for the democrats but if the clown that is Obama gets four more years this country will sneeze, and the rest of the world will catch a cold.

Obama is every bit as slick as Clinton minus the performance, he has been awful on the economy and he and his party should be held accountable for the absolutely shitty job they have done over the past four years. ( They will win it going away)

I am resigned to the democrats winning again, I know teachers etc, union member types want Obama to win, good for them, the fact is that if America is to get out of this mess it has to start with cutbacks in spending, the national debt needs to get culled and government needs to get smaller, a lot smaller, the military  needs to get hit financially and all non essential government funded projects also need to get culled, there is far too much wasted funding. All of that is just the start, the Yanks need to ensure they stop hemorrhaging jobs to overseas companies and they need to inflict heavy taxes on companies who outsource jobs.

Eamonnca1

Jesus! I listened to the first part of the debate on the radio and even then it sounded like Obama was under pressure, I could have sworn I heard his voice shaking. Never mentioned the 47%, never mentioned the Cayman Islands, never mentioned the tax returns. Romney got off lightly and came out on top of this one, it's like he was in charge of the whole show. There might be hope for his campaign yet, especially if his GOP friends get away with the voter suppression in enough swing states.

Oraisteach

Ah, c'mon, Stew,  First, it's not that I want Obama to win so much as I want Romney and his menagerie to lose.  And, of course, not ALL Republicans are Neanderthals, but a disturbingly large chunk of them are.  Look at J70's four descriptors, and tell me they aren't on the money for a significant slice of the FoxNews-teat-sucking birther brigade.

It's late, and I just watched Romney open a can of whoop-ass on Obama, so don't be so despondent about the future, but don't you recall the likes of Santorum mocking the elitist snobbery of higher education, or the crazy ignorance of crackpots like Akin and his theories about the female body's miraculous ability to distinguish rape sperm, or the biblical literalists who don't believe evolution and believe humans jaunted around on dinosaurs, or Irish-Catholic Paul Ryan, whose Messiah is not Jesus but Ayn Rand with her philosophy of  laissez-faire self-interest (French translates as I'm all right, screw you), or the systematic attempts to steal people's right to vote, a ploy that would make many's an Ulster Unionist blush orange with pride.

And Romney's willingness to say anything at all to win.  C'mon, Stew, time to leave Devlin's and head on out the Loughgall Road, though I suppose heading to Loughgall is the right way to to the heart of bible-thumping intolerance.

And by the way, c'mon the Ogs and beat Cross, but if they don't, c'mon Cross and beat everyone else.  How Romneyesque of me.

fearbrags

Quote of the Debate
"I have a friend who said, 'you don't just pick the winners and losers – you pick the losers,'"