Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 1268039 times)

whitey

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #17670 on: August 05, 2020, 10:03:34 PM »
So the people who posted about Trump and the Axios interview-were they outraged or were they just pointing out that Trump is a clown?

MSNBC and WaPo dissected the Axios interview today

I wonder will Joes train wreck interview this morning will get the same scrutiny from them tomorrow

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #17671 on: August 05, 2020, 10:10:37 PM »
I wonder will Joes train wreck interview this morning will get the same scrutiny from them tomorrow

The only train wreck is in your little mind.

So it will be absolutely no surprise when it gets virtually no mention.
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #17672 on: August 05, 2020, 10:24:06 PM »

that was weekend at bernies you were looking at

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #17673 on: August 05, 2020, 10:34:04 PM »
Since when is the stereotypical drug addict black?

First thing comes to mind for me is a grey, toothless, gaunt, malnourished white person, strung out on meth.

Cocaine specifically, I'm thinking smug Wall Street tosser.
the war on drugs is a war on black people I hear a lot ? Another fallacy ? I agree .

Powdered cocaine - used by (rich) white people: Not much enforcement
Crack cocaine - used by (poor) black people: Heavy duty enforcement and mass incarceration

Anybody who says the war on drugs isn't racially motivated is only codding themselves.
When slavery was defeated, it was replaced by Jim Crow, when Jim Crow was defeated it was replaced by the War On Drugs and mass incarceration

Systems of racial oppression continually reinvent themselves

The US is and has always been a white supremacist ethnostate

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #17674 on: August 05, 2020, 10:58:19 PM »

Haha-believe what you want

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #17675 on: August 06, 2020, 12:11:45 PM »

So was it widely mentioned?

Or did the dastardly left-wing-commie media operate in cahoots with the Mao-loving-Dems to keep it off the front cover of Pravda?
i usse an speelchekor

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #17676 on: August 06, 2020, 01:39:01 PM »

Or did the dastardly left-wing-commie media operate in cahoots with the Mao-loving-Dems to keep it off the front cover of Pravda?

Donít know or care

Got to keep the pressure on them big time though. Scream holy blue murder every time they donít appear to be playing it down the middle.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #17677 on: August 06, 2020, 02:00:52 PM »
So the people who posted about Trump and the Axios interview-were they outraged or were they just pointing out that Trump is a clown?

You can point out that Biden is gaffe-prone and looks very frail at times (not exactly headline news) without your usual rant about the media and what they'd supposedly do with a hypothetical GOP politician.

And like it or not, Trump is the president NOW, at a time of national crisis, looking to be reelected, and his mendacity and ignorance is almost never challenged to his face and the results seen. THAT is why the Axios interview elicited such a reaction.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #17678 on: August 06, 2020, 02:01:17 PM »

Donít know or care

Got to keep the pressure on them big time though. Scream holy blue murder every time they donít appear to be playing it down the middle.

Uh-huh.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #17679 on: August 06, 2020, 03:07:50 PM »

You can point out that Biden is gaffe-prone and looks very frail at times (not exactly headline news) without your usual rant about the media and what they'd supposedly do with a hypothetical GOP politician.

And like it or not, Trump is the president NOW, at a time of national crisis, looking to be reelected, and his mendacity and ignorance is almost never challenged to his face and the results seen. THAT is why the Axios interview elicited such a reaction.

Joes a nice guy and a good guy but an absolute walking disaster

The media (from my vantage point) seem to be giving him a pass that they would never give ANY Republican. Absolute unapologetic character assassination of a decent people like Mitt Romney and John McCain during the 2008 and 2012 campaigns

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/campaign/404543-medias-praise-for-mccain-is-warranted-but-where-was-it-in-08%3famp

Cvnts is the only word I can use to describe them and I hope they get whatís coming to them

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #17680 on: August 06, 2020, 03:23:39 PM »

Donít know or care

::)

I suppose your further evidence of the old adage. Don't argue with an idiot.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #17681 on: August 06, 2020, 03:25:24 PM »

The daily death toll in the states is running at a rate higher than the average casualty rate for US servicemen during the second world war.

If Joe Biden is "an absolute walking disaster" - then just what the fukk is Donald Trump?
i usse an speelchekor

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #17682 on: August 06, 2020, 03:36:48 PM »

The daily death toll in the states is running at a rate higher than the average casualty rate for US servicemen during the second world war.

If Joe Biden is "an absolute walking disaster" - then just what the fukk is Donald Trump?

Rubbish statistic.

36 times more people die each day in the US (In 2018, 2,839,205, or 7,778 per day) than the 291,557 (213 per day) US servicemen who died during the entire 45 months of US involvement in the second world war.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #17683 on: August 06, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »

The media (from my vantage point) seem to be giving him a pass that they would never give ANY Republican. Absolute unapologetic character assassination of a decent people like Mitt Romney and John McCain during the 2008 and 2012 campaigns

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/campaign/404543-medias-praise-for-mccain-is-warranted-but-where-was-it-in-08%3famp

Cvnts is the only word I can use to describe them and I hope they get whatís coming to them

McCain deserved the negative coverage following the RNC in 2008.

HE thrashed around cluelessly as the financial crisis unfolded.

HE unleashed Sarah Palin and her proto-Trump brand of know-nothing, grievance-based politics and allowed his campaign to be taken over by her and her bigotted supporters (there was no GOP fervour for McCain - it was all for HER).

Was it a coincidence that men like John Lewis, formerly close, harshly criticized McCain during this period?

That Colin Powell, a major figure in the outgoing administration and fixture of GOP politics for more than a decade, endorsed his opponent following the emergence of Palin?

Maybe just for once you can look at the actual people and party themselves instead of always crying about media bias?

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #17684 on: August 06, 2020, 03:46:31 PM »

Rubbish statistic.

True statistic.

Furthermore, COVID has now killed more Americans than US servicemen killed World War I, Korea, Vietnam and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq - combined.

But hey, lets worry about Joe Biden.

[and I have it at approx 400k US servicemen killed in WW2...?]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:49:45 PM by RadioGAAGAA »
i usse an speelchekor