Champions League Draw

Started by full back, March 20, 2009, 08:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: mrsandman on March 20, 2009, 11:25:00 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 20, 2009, 11:18:30 AM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on March 20, 2009, 11:15:39 AM
Quote from: Minder on March 20, 2009, 09:52:08 AM
United are nailed on to get Porto or Villareal.

Spot on minder.... always the same

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Anyway - if you get penalties against you ignored and "ghost goals" awarded it more than makes up for it.

Aye i have to admit we're the biggest cheats in the country, we should just win the trophies from now on and give them to liverpool, 'cause there obviously not capable of pickin up any themselves at the minute.

Delighted you have joined up.

corn02

Quote from: full back on March 20, 2009, 11:25:45 AM
I fancy the a scouser/Utd final now
Chelsea & Barca are arguably better teams but the fat spanish waiter knows how to get a result over 2 legs in Europe
That would be tasty

It is certainly on the cards. I would say United should get their ok, Chelsea or the Pool to reach the other.

slow corner back

Arsenal Should have too much for Villareal over two legs, Utd to beat Porto setting up a very tight semi, Utds record at Arsenal is not good. Other half Chelsea Lpool is a toss of a coin game, ghost goals and John Arne Risses head not likely to appear this time. Barca v Bayern could be a goal fest heres hoping. When are the matches played?

EC Unique

Excellent Draw from Utd point of view. Should make the Final but nothing easy at this stage.

I will go for:

Arsenal
Utd
Liverpool on pens
Bayern

with Liverpool v Utd Final  ;D ;D

Rossie11

Chelsea have to be happy. Home in 2nd legs of both 1/4 and semi..
Huge advantage..

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 20, 2009, 11:15:14 AM
New odd from Stanley

Man United    11/5    
Barcelona            5/2    
Chelsea            11/2    
Liverpool             6/1    
Arsenal             7/1    
Bayern Munich    12/1    
Villarreal            40/1    
Porto            50/1

Odds changed again:

Man United    15/8    
Barcelona            11/4    
Chelsea             6/1    
Liverpool             13/2    
Arsenal             7/1    
Bayern Munich    12/1    
Villarreal            33/1    
Porto            50/1

Declan

I think Arsenal will beat Utd in the semis. Liverpool Chelsea is too close to call 

Minder

I just hope Liverpool are not too cocky playing Porto in the final.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

winsamsoon

Think the scousers are looking the best  bet of the English(purely based on price) at 13/2 they will chin chelsea by boring them out of the park and sneaking a wonder goal by Gerard

Truth be told i wouldn't mind who wins it aslong as they weren't english. It would be worth it just to hear the ballbags on tv crying about why they didn't win it. It would be even better on RTE to see the Irish ones who know more of that culture than their own.

Nail if you get a chance lad can you see what price the bookies are giving for a non English winner ??? (if they have this bet0 good stuff.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

The GAA

Bayern could be the best value. they've started to show some good form recently and cruised through the last 16

magpie seanie

Arsenal will not be too far away. Will have everyone fit by the semis and will defo dispose of Villareal. 7/1 on them is best value.

corn02

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 20, 2009, 11:43:29 AM
Think the scousers are looking the best  bet of the English(purely based on price) at 13/2 they will chin chelsea by boring them out of the park and sneaking a wonder goal by Gerard

:D
I would take that any day Win.

ONeill

Another Arsenal-Barca final. Get yer money on it. Henry to score a hat trick only for bendtner to get 4.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrsandman

Quote from: ONeill on March 20, 2009, 12:08:21 PM
Another Arsenal-Barca final. Get yer money on it. Henry to score a hat trick only for bendtner to get 4.

:D :D Not in a month of sundays unfortunately.
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Minder

I would rather have got Barcelona than Chelsea, really tough draw especially with Essien back & Drogba in a bit of form. I have a feeling Arsenal will be hard to beat over two legs and will beat United.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"