Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

INDIANA

with the westmeath 21's playing on satuday spread bonus if ever there was one

johnpower

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 19, 2009, 10:44:23 PM
22/03/09, Trá Lí, 2:30

Anyone out there ???

Hoping for a better performance than last Sunday . U21 back so we might see the semblence of a first 15 for the year .

deaconblue

i intend to be there, think it will be far better than last week and expect a few more to chip in and not leave it all to the wizard that is gooch.
id be surprise and worried if we dont win this by 10 points and am confident we will. ;D ;D ;D

AN other

Quote from: INDIANA on March 19, 2009, 10:56:38 PM
with the westmeath 21's playing on satuday spread bonus if ever there was one

Quote from: deaconblue on March 19, 2009, 11:58:14 PM
id be surprise and worried if we dont win this by 10 points and am confident we will.

I wish I could make an argument. I'd take somebody's hand off if they offered us another honourable defeat. I'd say there's a few of the players relishing this one though and they may just produce another performance to surprise a few people. Here's hoping anyway...

Croí na hÉireann

Same again for O Flatharta
20 March 2009

The Westmeath team selected for Sunday's NFL clash with Kerry in Tralee is the same as that which suffered a heartbreaking loss to Tyrone last weekend.

However, it's likely that manager Tomas O Flatharta will make changes before the throw-in due to the involvement of four players in Saturday's Leinster under 21 semi-final against Dublin at Parnell Park. Kieran Gavin, Niall Kilcoyne, Conrad Reilly and Conor Lynam will all be in action on Saturday, and may not play a full part against last year's beaten All-Ireland finalists.

The team is once again notable for the absence of a host of regulars, including Dessie Dolan, Martin Flanagan, Donal O'Donoghue, Fergal Wilson and John Smyth, who made a big impact when introduced last Sunday.

Westmeath (SF v Kerry): G. Connaughton; A. Claffey, K. Gavin, J. Keane; F. Boyle, D. Heavin, D. Harte; N. Kilcoyne, D. Duffy; M. Ennis, P. Bannon, C. Reilly; F. Spollen, D. Glennon, C. Lynam.

I'll eat my hat if that team turns out, expect to see Smyth starting instead of Bannon anyway. Half a team missing, playing away against IMO the best team in the country, will settle for a good performance. Bit of steel shown the last day, I'd like to see that continue. We dropped the heads against Galway after the goal went in, encourgaginly we kept battling with Tyrone even though we were only in second gear in the first half the last day, that mentality has to continue...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Kerry Mike

For the record the Kerry team will be as follows. Lots of changes over recent games and rest for a few players , including Gooch, Declan and Darren O'Sullivan, Marc OSe is also out for a few weeks with ligaments hope it is not too serious. Tommy Walsh is back from the U21's debacle while Donnacha Walsh takes over as captain representing Mid Kerry. Darragh O'Se is back in full training but no where near the panel of 24 just yeat.

Tadhg Kennelly gets a first Kerry start will be good to see him getting a full run out, as does Kieran Quirke, Anthony Maher, Kieran O'Leary and Paul O'Connor but all have done well as recent subs and Ger Reidy gets another run in goal, its good to see new faces being blooded just hope we are not underestimating Westmeath. But its league and players need to be introduced and a opportunity for all to stake out a future claim to a county jersey. Still overall looks a team with potential. here's hoping for a good result.

(1) Ger Reidy (Castleisland Desmonds)
(2) Kieran Quirke (Duagh) (3) Aidan O'Shea (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (4) Tom O'Sullivan (Rathmore)
(5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (6) Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore) (7) Tommy Griffin (Dingle)
(8) Seamus Scanlon (Currow) (9) Anthony Maher (Duagh)
(10) Tadhg Kennelly (Listowel Emmet's) (11) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahillys) (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane) (Capt)
(13) Kieran O'Leary (Dr. Crokes) (14) Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks) (15) Paul O'Connor (Kenmare)

Fir Ionad: (16) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle) (17) Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar)  (18) David Moran (Kerins O'Rahillys)
(19) Bryan Sheehan (ST Marys) (20) Maurice Corridan (Finuge) (21) Rónán Ó Flatharta (An Ghaeltacht) (22) Sean O'Sullivan (Cromane)
(23 Brian Moran (Kerins O'Rahilly's) (24) Ronan O'Connor (Ballyduff)

Bainsteoir: Jack O'Connor (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) Traenálaí: Alan O'Sullivan (Kerins O'Rahilly's) Roghnóirí: Ger O'Keeffe (Austin Stacks) Eamon Fitzmaurice (Finuge)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

5 Sams

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 20, 2009, 11:34:54 PM
For the record the Kerry team will be as follows. Lots of changes over recent games and rest for a few players , including Gooch, Declan and Darren O'Sullivan, Marc OSe is also out for a few weeks with ligaments hope it is not too serious. Tommy Walsh is back from the U21's debacle while Donnacha Walsh takes over as captain representing Mid Kerry. Darragh O'Se is back in full training but no where near the panel of 24 just yeat.

Tadhg Kennelly gets a first Kerry start will be good to see him getting a full run out, as does Kieran Quirke, Anthony Maher, Kieran O'Leary and Paul O'Connor but all have done well as recent subs and Ger Reidy gets another run in goal, its good to see new faces being blooded just hope we are not underestimating Westmeath. But its league and players need to be introduced and a opportunity for all to stake out a future claim to a county jersey. Still overall looks a team with potential. here's hoping for a good result.

(1) Ger Reidy (Castleisland Desmonds)
(2) Kieran Quirke (Duagh) (3) Aidan O'Shea (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (4) Tom O'Sullivan (Rathmore)
(5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (6) Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore) (7) Tommy Griffin (Dingle)
(8) Seamus Scanlon (Currow) (9) Anthony Maher (Duagh)
(10) Tadhg Kennelly (Listowel Emmet's) (11) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahillys) (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane) (Capt)
(13) Kieran O'Leary (Dr. Crokes) (14) Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks) (15) Paul O'Connor (Kenmare)

Fir Ionad: (16) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle) (17) Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar)  (18) David Moran (Kerins O'Rahillys)
(19) Bryan Sheehan (ST Marys) (20) Maurice Corridan (Finuge) (21) Rónán Ó Flatharta (An Ghaeltacht) (22) Sean O'Sullivan (Cromane)
(23 Brian Moran (Kerins O'Rahilly's) (24) Ronan O'Connor (Ballyduff)

Bainsteoir: Jack O'Connor (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) Traenálaí: Alan O'Sullivan (Kerins O'Rahilly's) Roghnóirí: Ger O'Keeffe (Austin Stacks) Eamon Fitzmaurice (Finuge)

All your subs would start on most county teams :-\..deadly half back line and an even better half forward line.....what happened MFR?
The Aristocrat Years

Kerry Mike

Cant see MFR making any impact at this stage of his career, he is too light for the modern game and unlike Gooch was unable to develop a mean streak to him. Still he has 5 medals to his credit and is a legend around Kerry. Always had great time for him.

Not sure on the new half forward just yet will see on Sunday. Jaysus I forgot that Paul Galvin was not playing as well, another man being rested.

Of those not playing, this team would not look out of place

Diarmuid Murphy
Padraig Reidy   Daniel Bohane   Maurice Corridon
Ronan O'Flaherty   Marc O'Se  Killian Young

Darragh OSe   Michael Quirke
Paul Galvin   Declan O'Sullivan   David Moran
Colm Cooper   Bryan Sheehan   Darren O'Sullivan

And then try to fit in the likes of Sean O'Sullivan, MFR and even Eoin Brosnan and then there is Brian Moran and Ronan O'Connor who make the 24 this weekend, and I'm sure I have forgotten someone.  We have alot of options this year but we now need to see some sort of settled team coming along, but fair play to Jack he is trying out all the players, there will be some skelping in training over the coming months.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

deaconblue

having seen the kerry team i take back my prediction of a 10 point win !!!!!  the forwards wont get a big score , a win by a point would now be acceptable.  a bit surprised at the culling of the team but it is the perfect game to try out a few lads,and even if it goes belly up its no big deal.
good luck to all the fringe players and hopefully we can just about sneak a win, prediction  1-11 to 1-9 .   ;) ;) ;)

5 Sams

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 21, 2009, 01:05:38 AM
Cant see MFR making any impact at this stage of his career, he is too light for the modern game and unlike Gooch was unable to develop a mean streak to him. Still he has 5 medals to his credit and is a legend around Kerry. Always had great time for him.

Not sure on the new half forward just yet will see on Sunday. Jaysus I forgot that Paul Galvin was not playing as well, another man being rested.

Of those not playing, this team would not look out of place

Diarmuid Murphy
Padraig Reidy   Daniel Bohane   Maurice Corridon
Ronan O'Flaherty   Marc O'Se  Killian Young

Darragh OSe   Michael Quirke
Paul Galvin   Declan O'Sullivan   David Moran
Colm Cooper   Bryan Sheehan   Darren O'Sullivan

And then try to fit in the likes of Sean O'Sullivan, MFR and even Eoin Brosnan and then there is Brian Moran and Ronan O'Connor who make the 24 this weekend, and I'm sure I have forgotten someone.  We have alot of options this year but we now need to see some sort of settled team coming along, but fair play to Jack he is trying out all the players, there will be some skelping in training over the coming months.

Thats fcukin scary :o

a load of all stars and 3 players of the year on the bench :-\
The Aristocrat Years

catchandkick

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 21, 2009, 01:05:38 AM

Would not agree with that assessment Kerry Mike. He is the dictionary definition of a 'confidence player' . I still think one good game or even him kicking a good point in a game , and we would have the genius that is Mike Frank back in business. If Mike Frank ever kicked a score early in a game, you knew he was going to have a great game. A legend

magickingdom

not an exciting game, another good crowd on a fine day, 2 penalties missed and 2 redheads playing for kerry! seamus scanlon was my man of the match, tadhg kennelly played the full game and showed some lovely touches but didnt score. donaghy caught some great ball and took his goal well. with gooch, galvin and marc out its hard to judge kerry on this display but it wasnt their best thats for sure

omagh_gael

Quote from: magickingdom on March 22, 2009, 05:51:38 PM
not an exciting game, another good crowd on a fine day, 2 penalties missed and 2 redheads playing for kerry! seamus scanlon was my man of the match, tadhg kennelly played the full game and showed some lovely touches but didnt score. donaghy caught some great ball and took his goal well. with gooch, galvin and marc out its hard to judge kerry on this display but it wasnt their best thats for sure

What was the score?

magickingdom

good question! kerry 1-12 - w meath 06