Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Yip

great reports on both games, i wonder where Ziggy is?

Will Casement be hosting the SFC and the JFC next Sunday?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tyrones own

Ziggy is Probably on a well deserved session, Well done Greencastle..
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: Square Ball on November 26, 2006, 09:42:27 PM
Yip

Probably pissed as a skunk in Eddies right now...

Hungry Exile

Quote from: Redhandfan on November 26, 2006, 06:44:37 PM
More excellent entertainment at Casement Park today with another two very close and exciting ties.  Thankfully, conditions were also much better than last week and there was a big crowd in place by the time the senior clash got underway.

Ballinderry 1-15 Errigal Ciaran 3-7
 ... The same Ballinderry player then fell like a sack of spuds ...

Redhandfan,
In think you are a bit hard on the Ballinderry lads going down.  I should say that I don't condone the behaviour & should warrant a straight red card if caught, giving the culprit a month on the bench to dwell on their actions.  However I don't think a bit if theatricals is isolated to Derry footballers .  If memory serves me right I remember in the late 90's a certain TV clip that got played again & again of Peter the Great smiling & giving a cheeky wink to one of his collleagues just after getting a man sent for an early shower - if I'm not mistaken it was a Derry man!!!

Was at the game today & it was as good an exhibition of football that has seen this year at either club or county level.  There were many positives - the sun was shining, no wind to talk of & the best playing surface in Ulster at this time of year.  Overall it was played at a county tempo & the ref allowed it to flow well - he couldn't do anything about the sending off as he was working on the direction of an umpire.

Canavan scored the first goal, passed for the second & it was his quick mind that got the penalty for the third.  Add to that his usual run of points from play (both feet) and a few frees and you could see why he is without doubt the greatest footballer ever to play in Ulster & possibly Ireland.  The problem for Errigal was they couldn't get enough of ball in to him.  With the exception of the first 5 minutes Ballinderry controlled the midfield battle with an exhibition of high fielding.  Muldoon was a persistent problem in the first half & was then assisted well by Harney, McGuckin & Conway in the second.  Gilligan gave McGinley a roasting in the first half.  When Pascal got the line it seemed to get Errigal going but they appeared to panic wanting to go for goals towards the end when points would have been the safer option.  Canavan however knew to take the points (first from the left & then from the right) & the chance of goal would come.  I had my doubts on the penalty at the time & looking at it on the TV tonite it appeared that the  Errigal forward might just have been stooping down to pick up an Amateur Dramatics membership card of his own.

I enjoyed the game - too good teams that gave their best.  While it will have helped Ballinderry to get 2 good matches I don't think they will have the power or depth in panel to match Cross next Sunday.

:-X

charlie stubbs

would hardly say ballinderry "will be big favourites" saying cross have been favourites the whole way through,though i like the look of ballinderry myself esp if  a kernan doesnt make the game

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on November 26, 2006, 09:42:27 PM

I've heard the game will probably be in Clones. Hope so and not Casement Park. Hate that place. There's also a whisper of Celtic Park as well.

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 26, 2006, 10:30:52 PM
Ziggy is Probably on a well deserved session, Well done Greencastle..

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 26, 2006, 10:35:27 PM
Probably pissed as a skunk in Eddies right now...

Afraid not lads. Greencastle's Annual Christmas Bazaar was on last night and I was working at that. No time for celebrations. Hopefully there'll be calls for celebrations next Sunday.

An added sweetener is, Sunday is also my birthday!! ;)
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Afraid it's back to Casement this Sunday, seen the fixtures press release and both games set for Casement on Sunday. First game 12.15pm, ref JJ Cleary (Derry), and senior final 2pm, ref J McQuillan (Cavan)

ziggysego

Quote from: ExiledGael on November 27, 2006, 06:48:04 PM
Afraid it's back to Casement this Sunday

Frick!

Thanks for letting me know Exiled.
Testing Accessibility

slow corner back

Given the weather recently would you not be better off in casement than the swimming pool which is Clones. Ask slim shady about the game they had in clones three weeks ago.

armaghniac

QuoteAfraid it's back to Casement this Sunday, seen the fixtures press release and both games set for Casement on Sunday. First game 12.15pm, ref JJ Cleary (Derry), and senior final 2pm, ref J McQuillan (Cavan)

With all this fancy floodlighting, why don't they turn it on and just play the games at a traditional 2pm and 3.30?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SlimShady

Quote from: slow corner back on November 27, 2006, 10:00:58 PM
Given the weather recently would you not be better off in casement than the swimming pool which is Clones. Ask slim shady about the game they had in clones three weeks ago.

shithole, marshy bog. Casements yer only spot-quality arena.

ONeill

Congratulations to Ballinderry. Errigal stretched them further than I imagined and if they'd won that last kick-out God (no pun) knows what would've happened. I see the Glencull contingent are fearing the worse regarding a double Canavan retirement. That'd be a sad day altogether.

Anyway, best of luck to Ballinderry in the final. Do Tyrone proud.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Right. I'm going along to the final and I want to see some rules observed:

• If I catch anyone shouting abuse at the ref, I'll personally kick them up the arse, and make sure they behave at future GAA matches (I have special powers);
  • If I catch anyone trying to run on to the pitch when the match is still on, I'll personally kick them up the arse, and make sure miss at least three county championship matches (I have special powers);
  • If I catch anyone trying to hit any player leaving the pitch, I'll personally kick them up the arse, and make sure the never attend another GAA match for five years (I have special powers);
  • If I catch anyone trying to hit the ref leaving the pitch, I'll personally kick them up the arse, and make sure the never attend another GAA match ever (I have special powers);
  • [/li]

Follow these simple guidelines and everyone will have a good day out.

PS. Will yis all drive carefully to and from the match.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Expect to see Noel Thompson castigating Orior live on Newsline at roughly 6.50 next Monday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Carefull O'Neill, I have special powers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians