Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

Quoteare cross the only team left with previous experience of the all-ireland club championships

Dr Crokes have won the AI Club in 1992 but they are not out of Munster yet so no chickens being counted yet. Hopefully Gooch &  Brosnan and Co can give a good account of themselves and maybe get through to meet Crossmaglen in Croker on Paddy's day...
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Pictures of Greencastle's (Tyrone) victory over Noamh Brid (Donegal) in yesterday's Ulster Junior Championship Final at Casement Park are now available to view on Greencastle's website. Almost 100 pictures to see!
Testing Accessibility

stephenite

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 04, 2006, 10:16:59 AM
Oisin though has 11 county medals, 5 Ulster Club medals, 3 All Ireland Club medals, 6 Ulster County Medals, a National League medal and an All Ireland medal

:o

Awesome medal collection in fairness, even if one of the All Ireland club medals was handed to him on a plate ;)

Jokin BC1!!

brokencrossbar1

I have an apology to make to John and Tony Mac.  Got a text from Tony last night and they both ahve all the same medals as Oisin.  I think I got mixed up a bit because Oisin is the only one of the three who has played in all the finals.  The Macs due to injury were not available from one or two.  So Tony, as you said my mind is playing up on me! I am getting old you know, I am on the other side of 30 now :'(

Stephenite, I am not disagreeing with you about the having one handed to us.  Thank you very much for such a lovely gift ;D

5 Sams

I have to say that is some haul of gongs for the 3 boys and they can all add another AI Club by the looks of things.

Speaking of Burren I think P O'Rourke (remember him) had a similar number of medals with an All Ireland minor and U 21 as well.
The Aristocrat Years

Imposerous

Congratulations to Crossmaglen.  An inspiration to all clubs.  Very pleased for Martin Califf and Donal Murtagh - the best full back in Armagh during the 90s.  I always thought his reading of the game was second to none, and in Calliff he has a no-nonsence shrewd advisor.

Well done to all involved.

RP Macmurphy

Congrats to Crossmaglen on their win!

And with back to back minor titles it looks like the conveyor belt of talent continues.

never kickt a ball

Hi Ziggy. Why is the keeper wearing a jersey with a different sponsor at the presentation?

stephenite

BC - were any of these lads or yourself involved in the U-13 team from Crossmaglen that played in the Community games in Mosney in 1989? I think they'd be around the right age ???

brokencrossbar1

Myself, Oisin, the two macs,Francie, paddy mckeown, paddy moley,michael mc shane paul mc shane, james hughes and Cormac Carragher were all involved in the Mosney Final and went on to win Al lIrelands. Here is the link to the photo gallery of the winning team

http://www.crossrangers.com/multimedia/gallery05.asp?offset=10

it is just coincidence that the pictures underneath are from our 1999 Final. :P

trueblue

broken crossbar wats ure real identity then???

lynchbhoy

Quote from: trueblue on December 06, 2006, 02:01:48 PM
broken crossbar wats ure real identity then???

I think I have worked it out...

I think he could have done with a haircut in the first all Ireland win

brokencrossbar1

I have never really tried to hide who I am.  I was going through my student-couldn't-afford-a-haircuit days at the time.  Also like Alan Corke did for Sheffield United, only with his beard (obviously)  I deliberately didn't get it cut until we were out of a particular competition.  So I had two haircuts in the year, once after winning Armagh and once after Ulster ;D

trueblue

i know ritrely who ya are then,is ure initials gc?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 06, 2006, 02:22:15 PM
I have never really tried to hide who I am.  I was going through my student-couldn't-afford-a-haircuit days at the time.  Also like Alan Corke did for Sheffield United, only with his beard (obviously)  I deliberately didn't get it cut until we were out of a particular competition.  So I had two haircuts in the year, once after winning Armagh and once after Ulster ;D

to be fair I always thought thats who you were
its when you mentioned FF a while back.
that was my preferred position, so I was watching your play that day.
You were used as more of a creator if I recall correctly - but you were involved in a load of those breakaway counter attacks, and think you scored eventually