Spotify.com

Started by 5 Sams, March 16, 2009, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Downloaded it today at work, great job!
In your Endo!

gerry

I have being using it since it was posted on here, it deadly for listening to artists that are not so main stream.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

5 Sams

Just discovered every Gift Grub is on it..... ;D ;D
The Aristocrat Years

midLouth

any chance of an invite off someone?

gerry

i  think you do not need an invite to join, just complete this.

link
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Katchit

It's brilliant, cheers.

118cmal

Good job surely.

What's the benefits of the premium version and how much is it?

bcarrier

Just got around to downloading this lately.

Brillant. The end of itunes if they get their apple app . Well done early users.

Anything else I have missed ?

Bensars

Apple approves Spotify app for iPhone - goodnight iTunes?
By Paul Smith
As surprises go, it's right up there with the John Thomas scene in The Crying Game. Apple have approved the Spotify iPhone app, even though it threatens to blow iTunes out the water. The app will allow users to sync their iPhone with their Spotify desktop app, allowing them to listen to their own playlists chosen from millions of titles available through Spotify.

The most controversial function of the app is that it allows users to cache full playlists offline, so that several thousand songs can be stored on the iPhone and listened to at any time. Who needs iTunes anymore?

Regardless, tonight PaidContent:UK reports that an Apple spokesperson has said:

"The current status as of right now is it's been approved and we hope to add the app to the more than 65,000 apps on the app store very soon. We've been in constant communication working with the developer and have already notified Spotify that the app will be in the app store very soon."

While this rather exciting news for music fans (which is free to premium Spotify users who pay £10 a month subscription) we'll reserve judgement until we see the app. It's taken a month for Apple to make their minds up about the app, which isn't the norm since most apps are cleared within a fortnight of submission. And for Apple to be in "constant communication" with Spotify during the approval process is very unusual - Apple rarely, if ever contact developers until they approve or reject the app.

Norf Tyrone

Morning.
Anyone got an invite for this? Please?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 24, 2009, 12:07:05 PM
Morning.
Anyone got an invite for this? Please?
was working great for me, use it at work, but i got an email the other day to say its no longer available in my country & its stopped working .one of the other guys at work is still getting it but  ??? wtf?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

thebigfella

Quote from: Bensars on August 28, 2009, 11:14:51 AM
Apple approves Spotify app for iPhone - goodnight iTunes?
By Paul Smith
As surprises go, it's right up there with the John Thomas scene in The Crying Game. Apple have approved the Spotify iPhone app, even though it threatens to blow iTunes out the water. The app will allow users to sync their iPhone with their Spotify desktop app, allowing them to listen to their own playlists chosen from millions of titles available through Spotify.

The most controversial function of the app is that it allows users to cache full playlists offline, so that several thousand songs can be stored on the iPhone and listened to at any time. Who needs iTunes anymore?

Regardless, tonight PaidContent:UK reports that an Apple spokesperson has said:

"The current status as of right now is it's been approved and we hope to add the app to the more than 65,000 apps on the app store very soon. We've been in constant communication working with the developer and have already notified Spotify that the app will be in the app store very soon."

While this rather exciting news for music fans (which is free to premium Spotify users who pay £10 a month subscription) we'll reserve judgement until we see the app. It's taken a month for Apple to make their minds up about the app, which isn't the norm since most apps are cleared within a fortnight of submission. And for Apple to be in "constant communication" with Spotify during the approval process is very unusual - Apple rarely, if ever contact developers until they approve or reject the app.

Paul Smith doesn't really know what he is taking about.
1. It's in no more direct competition than torrents. If people want free music they will download it and import it into Itunes for their Iphone or Ipod.
2. It's an app which last time I checked Apple do not allow background processes to run on the Iphone/Touch OS. Therefore performance will be questionable and multitasking may not option. I haven't tried the app yet so this may not be the case.
3. It's also a paid for service which is highly restrictive on what you do with the content and many people will not pay for the service when you can download the stuff for free.
4. Itunes is is a little bit more than a portal for delivering music.  ::)
5. There most probably will never be a free version like on the PC. I believe the Apple EULA restricts people generation advertising revenue from an app.

This statement is a load of balls -

It's completely no different to downloading illegal music from torrents and creating playlists in Itunes from a end user perspective. The only difference I can see for them is you pay for your music using the spotify app.

bcarrier

IMO the Spotify iphone app is  considerably more user friendly than an itunes sync.

No tagging problems either. Garth Brooks fans might have issues with it though.

screenmachine

Run audacity in the background and record as many songs as you want on your pc-you have to split the file after it but it saves downloading rubbish from torrents!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

thebigfella

Quote from: bcarrier on September 25, 2009, 12:34:13 PM
IMO the Spotify iphone app is  considerably more user friendly than an itunes sync.

No tagging problems either. Garth Brooks fans might have issues with it though.

You plug the phone into the USB port of your PC, it updates. You can't get any more user friendly than that.