Hurley Markers

Started by The Full Back, March 12, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Full Back

Who is the best hurley maker in each county in your opinion?

Bud Wiser

Ramie Dowling in Kilkenny but my hurl swinging days are over so I am not an authority. I am buying a set for a club sponsorship and this is where I will head though.  Be careful that you do not leave it late, some makers have months waiting lists.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

youngfella

Tommy murphy makes a lovely hurl, think hes wexford.
Star hurls of kilkenny are nice too.
o'brien of tipp make a nice striking hurling.
O'connors of cork are great, inly if you get a good one, woeful if you dont get a good one.
Scuillon of antrim arent bad, but can a bit hit and miss.

But saying all that. If you can to know the fella making the hurls your sorted, otherwise you could end up with old thing.

I get my mate to get me tommy murphy sticks, they know eachother so the sticks are top rate.
Pull hard and early

gaagaa

mckeever hurls in dungiven co derry - great job!!!

ceol agus peil

Scullion Hurls, Ballymena they make great hurls, they have a website www.scullionhurls.com. They make hurls to your specifications, you can even choose the weight of the hurls! They also make goalkeeper hurls.
Sent from my iphone

youngfella

you advertising for scullion hurl by any chance?

One thing that annoys me with every scullion hurl ive every had, is the way he nails the tin into the wood, they always break down the nail. Pain in the arse.
Pull hard and early

Sigersonbhoy

Quote from: gaagaa on March 19, 2009, 11:30:47 PM
mckeever hurls in dungiven co derry - great job!!!
Would anyone have a contact for Mc Keever Hurls?
Is it Emmett Mc Keever that makes them?