Can Kerry be bet in 2009?

Started by rrhf, March 12, 2009, 08:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

3 from 3, Gooch looking hungry; Tadgh looking menacing; star, Walsh and Moran looking big and ignorant; and Galvin looking to play football,  O Connor looking revenge, and O Mahony looking to stay on his feet, and Mike Frank looking for another medal,  is this the year that the Kerry team finally put a decade of turmoil behind them, scarred by habitual big game collapses in Croke Park from Meath to Armagh and Tyrone (3).  I see Kerry as the most motivated county in Ireland -  I mean every year Darragh wants to retire - Tyrone beat them and he cant leave it at that.  So to me Kerry have the most motivation, to turn it around this year.  I think the league is a formaility and the championship will surely follow.  Discuss!

ziggysego

You're right. Kerry have a lot of Championship hurt against Tyrone. Try as they may, they can't beat them. It tarnishs their wins in the 2000s. They thought it would be a formality after righting the wrong against Armagh, when they'd meet Tyrone. Yet again though, Tyrone afflicted more hurt on them, on the highest stage in the country. I've no doubt though, Kerry can beat Tyrone again.... sometime.
Testing Accessibility

mouview

No question, they are the team to beat again, though hopefully Walsh will suffer second-season syndrome. Galway are not ready for them yet either although they may be a bit closer this time around. Like KK, it's no good beating them in a Provincial final as Cork did last year, they day to beat them is the day to knock them out.

the Deel Rover

we would have no fear of Kerry  :P its Galway we are worried about this year  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Canalman

Of course they can be beaten. The Tyronies will love this thread. Another excuse for them to beat their chests.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Canalman on March 12, 2009, 10:22:26 AM
Of course they can be beaten. The Tyronies will love this thread. Another excuse for them to beat their chests.

Thump! thump!  :P   I would fear Galway as much as Kerry but of course they can be beat .... again  :-*

The GAA

why do you think they started it?

Bogball XV

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2009, 10:31:56 AM

Thump! thump!  :P   I would fear Galway as much as Kerry but of course they can be beat .... again  :-*
Why?
Galway are a decednt looking side and will be able to beat anyone on their day, but man for man they're not yet in Kerry's league.  That said, of course Kerry are well beatable, it just needs their opponents to all perform to the max and hope that Kerry don't.
Btw I don't think Tyrone will be the team to beat them this year, nor the team to beat.

rrhf

I agree with that.  To me The top 3 are Kerry/ derry/ Galway with Tyrone a poorly 4th.  If I was a betting man Id suggest a Kerry derry AIFinal this year.  I have a fear that Kerry are more focussed than I have ever seen them.  I have a fear that Tyrone may not be.   

The GAA

where did you pull derry out of?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: rrhf on March 12, 2009, 10:54:32 AM
I agree with that.  To me The top 3 are Kerry/ derry/ Galway with Tyrone a poorly 4th.  If I was a betting man Id suggest a Kerry derry AIFinal this year.  I have a fear that Kerry are more focussed than I have ever seen them.  I have a fear that Tyrone may not be.   

Being focussed in March don't count for very much. Derry were all hyped up after the league last year as well. I think Galway could beat Tyrone alright but Kerry haven't the middle for Tyrone.   

orangeman

It's Cork I'm worried about - they always do well after a strike / sniff of a strike - could be a double for Cork this year with Teddy Mac managing both teams.

rrhf

Noone with the names Teddy and / or Mc carthy in their names are allowed to manage Cork - period.   

Farrandeelin

With the help of God and a few miracles they'll be beaten on Sunday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

deaconblue

any team can get beat, however kerry have been the most consistent team in the champ over the last 10/12 years and hard to see them not going very close to winning both league and champ this year, best panel of players and great management,in my view they will win the lot this year.