National Lottery....

Started by girt_giggler, March 09, 2009, 10:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

Just after checking my numbers & realised I got 5 numbers up last wednesday night....awaiting to see how much I've won.  I know someone else recently who got 5 numbers & only got £1500 ish, I assumed it would have always been more than that so here's hoping! 

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

girt_giggler

Lottery site blocked in word which is why I couldn't see the winnings. Could only check the numbers from the online teletext.  Called them up to see & yep £2118 is correct.

Cheltenham starts tomorrow too......dangerous!

cavan4ever

Quote from: girt_giggler on March 09, 2009, 10:25:30 AM
Lottery site blocked in word which is why I couldn't see the winnings. Could only check the numbers from the online teletext.  Called them up to see & yep £2118 is correct.

Fair play to you.

Book a holiday and keep a bit for the races dont blow it all anyway.

Onion Bag

Quote from: girt_giggler on March 09, 2009, 10:25:30 AM

Congratulations, nice lift, f**k i could be doing with that, Please do not give it them f**king Bookies
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

girt_giggler

The missus is picking the cheque up today.
Just after booking flights for a few days in Alicante for the weekend however  ;D  ;D

BennyHarp

Jaysus dont let the missus pick up the cheque - you'll have a new set of curtains by the end of the day!!!
That was never a square ball!!

EC Unique

Ah girt_giggler  What a difference one number makes.  :D Good wee lift all the same.

Tony Baloney

Odds of five numbers is 55,490.33 to 1.

Did the money go in Euromillions on Friday?

Minder

I got 4 numbers before Christmas.............£82  :'(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Onion Bag

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2009, 01:10:41 PM
Odds of five numbers is 55,490.33 to 1.

Did the money go in Euromillions on Friday?

2 WINNERS, 55million each, lucky bastards
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Tony Baloney

Any winners on these shores as I haven't checked my ticket yet?  ;D It must be the only thing Fearon hasn't won yet.

BennyHarp

The lottery would be much better if they restricted the ridiculous jackpots to say £2/3 million max and pay higher winnings to those who get 3,4 and 5 numbers! Theres no need for the really big jackpots and some of the people who win it cant cope with that amount of money! £20 for 3 balls, £500 for 4 balls and £10,000 for 5 would be fine and double them up on a roll over!

Obviously i havent done any research into how viable this is!  ???
That was never a square ball!!

Tim Buzaglo

That's a much better idea Benny but it takes the massive jackpot to attract idiots into buying a ticket in the first place.  If your suggested odds were on offer i would do the thing much more religiously than i do now. Can't remember when it started (1996 perhaps?) but i've won a tenner twice in all that time and i buy a ticket most saturday nights.

Congrats on the 5 no's girt but it must be a bit frustrating knowing that you were so close to something life changing.  Just think, you could have been living the life of Mickey Carroll!
Will we ever see another one?

el_cuervo_fc

I lifted £932 earlier out of the bookies.  I done 3 numbers from the irish lotto. £1 for 3 out of the first 6 numbers and £1 for out of the seven.  A nice wee lift for a monday  ;D