What book are you reading?

Started by irunthev, March 08, 2009, 07:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: irunthev on March 09, 2009, 12:58:56 PM
Quote from: corn02 on March 09, 2009, 12:30:42 PM
In my Stephen King phase at the moment. Hits and misses, his short stories are the best.

Sporting wise, I am reading roatation, roatation, rotation about Liverpool's season last year - Stephen Kelly author.

Also reading Crragher's autobiography - great read so far, one of the better and a good lift after Gerrard's borefest.

Really enjoyed Carragher's book too, really had a bit of content to it. Seems like a really straight guy and isn't afraid to give his opinion on Liverpool and is really passionate about the club. Also read Graeme Le Saux's book last month, easily one of the most honest and open books by a footballer that I have read. You can see why he had such a tough time early on in his career.

Read "Wenger - The Biography" by Xavier Rivoire and in the forward it says that Wenger even gave it the thumbs up. Good read and if you are a sports fan you have got to be interested in what makes someone like Wenger tick. When he eventually decides to step aside he will be some tough act to follow.

Surprising indeed regarding Le Saux, I must pick it up.

ziggysego

Silent Bob Speaks - Kevin Smith
Testing Accessibility

Eoghan Mag

Reading :
The Best of Francis Ledwidge (Poetry)
The Faber book of best new Irish Short Stories 2004-05
Blaiseadh Pinn (Nuascríbhneoireacht Gaeilge)
Cures, Hoors and Floating Voters - Pat Shortt
And lastly a children's book: Daifní Dineasár le Áibe Ní Ghlinn/Alfie Green and the Monkey Puzzler by Joe O'Brien.

There are more than likely another two that I'm reading also as I tend to read a good few different books during the same day switching from one to the other according to my mood. 

Puckoon

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 09, 2009, 09:32:41 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 09, 2009, 02:30:57 PM
The last don by mario Puzo

I have just recently fniished reading the Godfather, its a great read... Is that one you are reading any good?

Recently finished Better Than Sex, Mick Fitzgeralds autobio, a great read, very frank and honest, especially when he is talking about Dunwoody...

Just started reading a book about the Irish at Aintree, a bit hard going at the minute as it is about a lot of horses and jockeys that were before my time...

NOne of them are as good as the dogfather, but all decent reads.

The Corporal

Currently reading James Patterson's Alex Cross series of books, really good so far and a good character