season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: T Fearon on December 20, 2009, 08:04:21 PM
My memory must be going, as I thought I had received mine prior to Xmas last year. ???  Whats the big deal. If they're bought as a present all you have to show the receiver is the confirmation letter

The big deal is if you are going to advertise that these tickets are available in the weeks prior to Christmas then it is not unreasonable to assume that people will buy them as gifts for Christmas. Whats the big deal with someone in Croke park getting their finger out of their hole and sending out the tickets on time. If this is well run last year must've been a right joke.

Trevor Hill

As long as we have the tickets before the first round of the leage I dont see what the big deal is.

Bainisteoir

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 20, 2009, 08:43:14 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 20, 2009, 08:04:21 PM
My memory must be going, as I thought I had received mine prior to Xmas last year. ???  Whats the big deal. If they're bought as a present all you have to show the receiver is the confirmation letter

The big deal is if you are going to advertise that these tickets are available in the weeks prior to Christmas then it is not unreasonable to assume that people will buy them as gifts for Christmas. Whats the big deal with someone in Croke park getting their finger out of their hole and sending out the tickets on time. If this is well run last year must've been a right joke.

I read somewhere the other day that you can download a special Xmas letter from the gaa website. It confirms that you have purchased the Season ticket as a gift etc... Cant find it on the GAA site though sorry!!

tyronefan

Quote from: tyronefan on December 17, 2009, 07:24:47 PM

A chara,

Just a quick note:

AIB GAA Club Championship – Discount Tickets!

AIB GAA Senior Club Final tickets are now on sale at a discount price of EUR 5. This offer only lasts until Monday 21st December so get in soon. You can purchase your tickets via your Online Account - log-in.

Season Ticket Delivery

Delivery of Season Tickets is now underway and will be completed by the end of the week. If you have purchased a Season Ticket as a gift and would like to put something under the tree in the meantime – just click on this link and you can print a gift letter there!

a gift letter came with this email with the county crest on it saying that I had purchased a season ticket

Goldengreen

Got my season tickets this moring :-) Donegal by the way

Dinny Breen

My two arrived today - Kildare  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Mine turned up today despite all the bad conditions.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

cloneman

Got mine today too. Only problem is one was bought as a present but both have my name on them despite being asked to provide the second name. Did this happen to anyone else?

Trevor Hill

Quote from: cloneman on December 22, 2009, 09:39:36 PM
Got mine today too. Only problem is one was bought as a present but both have my name on them despite being asked to provide the second name. Did this happen to anyone else?

Same thing happened to us, both in the wifes name.

T Fearon

Received mine to-day, as was the case last year, both tickets properly named, no problems.

tyronefan

got them today   all correct

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tyronefan on December 23, 2009, 09:42:32 PM
got them today   all correct

Me too, in the nick of time for christmas.

tyronefan

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mine arrived today with the correct names, but still cutting it very fine despite the Dublin address.

What I think may have happened with the 'incorrect' duplicated names: remembering back, they did issue the caveat that if the current season ticket holder exercised the option of getting a second ticket, there would be no guarantee that the second ticket holder would be entitled to an automatic renewal option for next season. It seems to me therefore that those recipients of the season ticket with the incorrect name may not have the renewal option in 2011 (since the name is the key identier) whereas those with the correct name will.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

Has anyone else not received theirs yet? Ours still haven't arrived. Not to concerned but a lot of people seemed to have got theirs.