Author Topic: season tickets  (Read 218667 times)

delgany

• View Profile
Re: season tickets
« Reply #1485 on: April 28, 2020, 10:35:25 PM »

balladmaker

• Irish To The Core!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 28, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/gaa-altered-season-ticket-refund-terms-after-coronavirus-outbreak-996535.html

GAA dirty tricks with season ticket terms and conditions - disgraceful

Bad faith at best.  If the season is deemed null and void, the GAA should make some gesture to season ticket holders ... a guaranteed All Ireland Final ticket for 2021 irrespective of participating counties would suffice 🙂

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 29, 2020, 10:13:33 AM »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/gaa-altered-season-ticket-refund-terms-after-coronavirus-outbreak-996535.html

GAA dirty tricks with season ticket terms and conditions - disgraceful

Bad faith at best.  If the season is deemed null and void, the GAA should make some gesture to season ticket holders ... a guaranteed All Ireland Final ticket for 2021 irrespective of participating counties would suffice 🙂
this is one heads should roll for,
If for nothing else than the Sleveen  way it was done , If the GAA was a commercial company fair enough but its a community based association where 90% of the work done is Voluntary, so the excuse of 'if you read the Small print  we were entitled to do it ' just does not hold up
I had no problem in not getting a refund as I know the GAA will need every penny but to think that Gobshites in Crokepark were plotting and Planning  against their own members makes me Sick
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1488 on: April 29, 2020, 11:36:54 AM »
A little too cutehoory right enough.
The least they can do is allow some credit for any renewals if there's to be a bext season.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 29, 2020, 12:27:50 PM »

An Fhairche Abu

• View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 29, 2020, 12:33:44 PM »
They have seriously fucked this one up for themselves and I agree completely with rosnarun that heads should roll because whoever made the final call on this decision is not fit to be in the job. Was the decision made on a committee basis? If so how did no one in that meeting not think this logically through and see that it was going to be (a) f**king over genuine and committed members of the association and (b) an utter PR disaster. Either way whoever had the ultimate call is someone that's the type of person who thinks they are smart but really aren't.

I could be wrong here but I would venture that the vast majority of season ticket holders wouldn't have even bothered looking for a full refund due to the unprecedented cause of not being able to hold any matches. Indeed a small gesture of €20 or €30 off next years renewal would have more than likely garnered a very positive reaction and at the end of the day season ticket holders are ultimately most likely to be people who will be throughout the rest of the year paying in to go to club matches and other inter county games that don't feature their own county, spending money on GAA jerseys for their kids and other merchandise, involving the next generation in the games etc. The type of people you should be trying to keep on board.

While the work of volunteers in their communities as part of GAA clubs throughout the country during this dangerous COVID-19 pandemic has been rightly lauded - even by some of those who have absolutely no grá for the GAA at all - how are we now in a situation where the hierarchy has completely blown and squandered that positive capital by the senseless decision to do this. I'm a Galway football season ticket holder and while every organisation deserves criticism when required, I'm actually angry more with that fact that you go through your life defending the GAA against cynics and naysayers for all the good benefits it brings to the island and because you love the sports. Now some gombeen makes this call and the GAA will be rightly pilloried by both people who have the best interests of the games at heart and those who would like nothing more than if the GAA disappeared off the face of the earth.

This is one of the most egregious examples of a short sighted, idiotic GAA decision that fuels the "Grab All Association" stereotypes. It's an indefensible move and I'm f**king disgusted with them to be honest.

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 29, 2020, 12:42:01 PM »

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 29, 2020, 02:18:14 PM »
Crazy decision by the GAA. The short sightedness beggars belief.

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 29, 2020, 04:52:57 PM »
How much cash up front do they get in season ticket sales?
€3m, €4m...?
Bet they treat major sponsors who probably give them much less  with more respect.

Edit: just got an email from ST office.  If season is abandoned there will be discounts on next year or partial refunds.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:51:52 PM by Rossfan »

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 29, 2020, 06:01:15 PM »
The latest.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 29, 2020, 06:21:55 PM »
The latest.

They must read this board!!!

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 29, 2020, 09:00:35 PM »
Scrambling to save face.

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 30, 2020, 02:20:03 PM »
Scrambling to save face.
tool ate for that . the people that made the decision Should be held accountable for it.
was it an elected committee ot the professional at croke park that have potentially  done so much harm to the GAA reputation
this ius not even an apology not that I gove such an apology the time of day . they Fucked up and they Know it.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 30, 2020, 05:05:54 PM »
They must read this board!!!

Sure it was on the radio yesterday. What they proposed was plain illegal and stupid. Best to stop as soon as possible.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B