Crossmaglen Rangers v Kilmacud Crokes

Started by crossfire, March 05, 2009, 09:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteAh yes fair enough. Can;t see a crowd having much of an impact. Probably be 40k maximum there and in Croker that won;t make a massive racket.

I'd expect it will do well to get above 30k.  It's only 4 parishes represented after all plus whatever neutrals go along for a butchers.

Best of luck tomorrow to Cross representing Ulster tomorrow.  Here's hoping for a good match.

billy the kid

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Canalman

Drove through Kilmacud/Roebuk/Goatstown/Clonskeagh on Saturday and didn't see one flag or bunting out in support of Crokes. Wasn't in Stillorgan itself so I don't know what it's like there. Unfortunately, this epitomizes the general indiffference towards the GAA ( and most other sports) in large cities.
There was a small sign on the Nat'l school though wishing them well.

Anyway, from a Dublin perspective, hope KC win it and I think they will and a bit easier than most people think.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Canalman on March 16, 2009, 03:24:14 PM
Drove through Kilmacud/Roebuk/Goatstown/Clonskeagh on Saturday and didn't see one flag or bunting out in support of Crokes. Wasn't in Stillorgan itself so I don't know what it's like there. Unfortunately, this epitomizes the general indiffference towards the GAA ( and most other sports) in large cities.

Anyway, from a Dublin perspective, hope KC win it and I think they will and a bit easier than most people think.

There is bunting up on the car park beside the entrance to the ground (well it's more of a complex)... I agree though that the whole place should be decked out, a lot of indifference in cities I suppose...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on March 16, 2009, 03:24:14 PM

You obviously didn't drive around Marino last year.

Canalman

Drove down Griffith Avenue from Whitehall Garda Station  2/3 days before final and saw the odd house with Vins bunting. Not a massive display of support by any means . Admittedly I didn't go into Marino proper ( Brian Road, Croydon etc) so I'll have to take your word on that Indiana.

thejuice

Are the games live on RTE or TG4 tomorrow?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on March 16, 2009, 04:50:29 PM
Drove down Griffith Avenue from Whitehall Garda Station  2/3 days before final and saw the odd house with Vins bunting. Not a massive display of support by any means . Admittedly I didn't go into Marino proper ( Brian Road, Croydon etc) so I'll have to take your word on that Indiana.

I'm not just saying this but vincents had some crowd at that game last year and we aren't a big club size wise. even down in Navan or Cusack Park we nearly filled the place. In contrast Crokes are 5 times bigger than us yet have about one fifth of the support. If the Dublin clubs turn up they'll have a big crowd , if they don't cross will outnumber them 3 to 1. Still best of luck to both teams- should be a cracker.

stiffler

Good luck to cross tomorrow, hoping for a good clean game.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

TacadoirArdMhacha

The fact that St Patrick's Day falls in the middle of the week should add to the crowd as a lot of country people will be working today and won't bother going home for 1 day.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

stew

All the best to Crossmaglen Rangers tomorrow. BC I will be praying for a cross win and I hope you take the eldest lad with ya to the game.

Up Cross.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thebandit

Throw ball

Best of luck to both teams tomorrow. Hope it is a good game. Hope for a Cross win to bring another title to the Orchard county!

Oraisteach

. . . . the boys from the county Armagh.  Do it again, Cross.