Crossmaglen Rangers v Kilmacud Crokes

Started by crossfire, March 05, 2009, 09:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off The Fence

Quote from: thebandit on March 06, 2009, 11:39:43 AM
Quote from: mackers on March 06, 2009, 10:46:43 AM
Which one of the Cross defenders will pick up Vaughan? Paul Kernan, Paul McKeown? If Cross get on top in midfield it will be a long day for Crokes, but there is a possible weakness there, David McKenna will have to have a big game. He seems to be stepping up to the plate recently, Cross need that to continue.

I'd expect Paul McKeown to pick him up.

It would be quare craic if Francie was marking him..... Vaughan could get grooming tips from a fellow ginge :D

I would expect Skinny McKeown to be picking him up.  Think he will be sent out to follow Vaughan everywhere he goes and he will not give him an inch.

mackers

Quote from: Off The Fence on March 06, 2009, 02:52:08 PM
Quote from: thebandit on March 06, 2009, 11:39:43 AM
Quote from: mackers on March 06, 2009, 10:46:43 AM
Which one of the Cross defenders will pick up Vaughan? Paul Kernan, Paul McKeown? If Cross get on top in midfield it will be a long day for Crokes, but there is a possible weakness there, David McKenna will have to have a big game. He seems to be stepping up to the plate recently, Cross need that to continue.

I'd expect Paul McKeown to pick him up.

It would be quare craic if Francie was marking him..... Vaughan could get grooming tips from a fellow ginge :D

I would expect Skinny McKeown to be picking him up.  Think he will be sent out to follow Vaughan everywhere he goes and he will not give him an inch.
One back who won't be marking him will be Aaron after his performance on Connolly in the Vincent's match last year.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

INDIANA

Just to the Cross fans who think crokes will be beaten by 8 points. Crokes beat Kerry last weekend. and it had 9 first choice kerry players and lets face it their subs aren't too bad either. Heard Cross beat longford, monaghan and drew with someone else. should be a very good final if the weather is good. I think Cross might shade it though. But 8 points is laugable.

mountainboii

Quote from: INDIANA on March 06, 2009, 06:06:56 PM
Just to the Cross fans who think crokes will be beaten by 8 points. Crokes beat Kerry last weekend. and it had 9 first choice kerry players and lets face it their subs aren't too bad either. Heard Cross beat longford, monaghan and drew with someone else. should be a very good final if the weather is good. I think Cross might shade it though. But 8 points is laugable.

I think stiffler is the only poster to mention 8 points and he's not even from Armagh, never mind Cross. Don't get your knickers in a twist  :)

stiffler

We'll see whos laughing come the 17th.

(by the way i said 6-8 points)

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Zapatista

It would be great for the Dubs to have two different clubs win it in two consecutive years.

milltown row

Quote from: Canalman on March 06, 2009, 11:59:49 AM
Apologies to ST Galls......it was then in AICF in 2005. Tá brón orm.

apology accepted ;)

we lost out and though we've got back to an Ulster final (beat by Cross :() our lads have lost that bita fight. hopefully they will get back to those heights again. was some craic

3000 miles away

i can see crokes playing alot of high ball into the cross FB line to by pass the half back line, if this is the case i would think paul kernan would pick up vaughan, if he roams brendan mc keown will prob be givin the job, i wouldn be unduly worried about vaughan if i were a cross man, i think john donaldson and francie will try get a good (fair) smack at him early on, but vaughan isnt small but this will just be to show him there about, big open spaces will suit both sets of forwards and it depends on the supply and how the club players cope wit the croke park factor albeit half full, david mckenna could have a field day if let run wit the ball in open space, cross experience in big games and finals to see them through 2.12 to 1.10.

DrinkingHarp

Experience in the finals will be crucial in this match with an edge going to Cross.

Think it will be a tight 1st half then Cross pulling away in the second half..............Cross by 5 or 6.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

INDIANA

Yeah I remember a lot of people telling us about experience as well last year. Didn't count for much. Don;t let Cross get a lead and hit them at midfield. Midfield is the weakness in the cross team. Crokes have weaknesses as well but I believe this one will go right to the wire with Cross shading it by 2 points max. Cross got no game in the semi-final and I think early on that may effect them.

pintsofguinness

Just to the Cross fans who think crokes will be beaten by 8 points.  Crokes beat Kerry last weekend. and it had 9 first choice kerry players and lets face it their subs aren't too bad either. Heard Crossbeat longford, monaghan and drew with someone else. should be a very good final if the weather is good. I think Cross might shade it though. But 8 points is laugable.

::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The GAA

Cross are very vulnerable to high ball into their full back line when bellew is not at full back (as he wasn't against vincents) and 'd expect crokes to play on that. for that reason we might see johnny magee start. davoran is a decent footballer but is not a ball winner. i can only see vaughan being a factor from placed balls (although that might be enough) as he can't get it done when marked decently and cross have 1 or maybe 2 man markers of approaching county standard.

INDIANA

Davoren will definitely be playing GAA. Conversely Crokes are vunerable to the high ball into their own full back line but I agree when Bellew isn't full back for Cross.Lamp it in early and earlier again if possible. Crokes will probably throw kavanagh into the ff line. He's due a good game he has been awful quiet for them to the extent people think Dublin's next star Barry O Rourke should be starting instead.

The GAA

i'm not saying davoran won't start, just that they may shuffle the pack. They need a ball winner in the full forward line or at least someone who can get the ball broken into dangerous areas and i'd expet them to recognise that

Throw ball

Indiana. I agree Cross midfield had a poor outing in the first half against St Vincents last year but would definitely not say their midfield is a weakness. McKenna is a year older, wiser and stronger (could develop into a great player) and Tony McEntee did not play there last year and he is not a bad player. Cross did struggle in the full back line in the Armagh championship against Harps and Ogs but that was when Francie was in there (maybe his old shoulder injury has taken its toll). Although they are not particularly tall the boys in there, especially Paul Kernan who was taken to the cleaners last year, have improved significantly under the high ball. Crokes will undoubtedly be a strong team and I believe that Cross need big games from their younger forwards. Also, although he is some footballer we all know that Aaron Kernan is not the best defensively. Crokes will have to keep him pushed back because if he sees a lot of the ball up the field Cross could win by four or five.