Ros Comáin V Longfort

Started by Azzurri, March 05, 2009, 05:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azzurri

Game still fixed for Hyde Park on Sunday even though more rain could force the switch to Kiltoom.

Any team news from either side yet?

I know Longford are without Brian Kavanagh.

Should be tight enough

western exile

Longfort might have ambitions for promotion since they find themselves in 2nd place after 2 games.  But in reality they will not gain many more points in this campaign, and are more likely to be playing  Tipp to avoid relegation in their last game.
Ros Comáin on the other hand are likely to be playing An Dún at home in their last game to have a say on who gets promoted.

Ros by 5 points.

Qwerty28

Unfortuntely think roscommon with home advantage might be too strong for us. Not sure if Paul Barden , Declan Reilly odr Mulligan will be back but still a good test for the younger players, who have done well so far by all accounts. Another win will be needed to stay up, although thats a pesimistic view, think its what most followers expected at start of league.

Shamrock Shore

I dread this game.

Cos I'll hafta listen in on Roscommonside.......to Wille Hegarty........... :'(

I think we have some more regulars back but I don't recall Longford ever winning in Hyde. I have no idea where Kilgloom is so, on the basis of history I hope the game is there.

Longford to win in a grim battle.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 05, 2009, 10:17:00 PM
I dread this game.

Cos I'll hafta listen in on Roscommonside.......to Wille Hegarty........... :'(

At least it means that Roscommonside will cover an entire Longford match.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Azzurri

Roscommon team named:

1 Geoffrey Claffey
2 Enda Barrett
3 John Nolan
4 Peter Domnican
5 Seanie McDermott
6 David Casey
7 David Keenan
8 Brian Higgins
9 Karol Mannion
10 Gary Cox
11 Damien Keenehan
12 Conor Devaney
13 Fintan Cregg
14 Senan Kilbride
15 Ger Heneghan

Rossfan

Looks like Fergal wasnt entirely satisfied with the defence in Kilmallock. Mind you the Full forward line can count themselves fortunate enough to be still there.
This is a real banana skin job as everyone expects us to beat Longford so caution is the byword here.
Hopefully Enda Barrett will do well after his unfortunate experience in Boyle -injured after 4 minutes- while I expect to see ShaQ and Dunning come on at some stage.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Azzurri

Pretty scrappy game in terrible conditions. Thought the referee was poor aswell.
Longford were on top for most of the second half but Ros' hung on.

With the other results going their way, Ros' are now top of the table.

rocco

ref poor as well , that is putting it very mild.

Qwerty28

Only thing was he was equally harsh on both teams....4 yellows I think, 2 each and some strange decisions. Soft goal was a huge score to get. Longford slightly the better team i thought but no points to show for it is a shame