Ulster council spend £7 million

Started by Drumanee 1, February 28, 2009, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumanee 1

At this years ulster convention the accounts for 2008/09 will show a expenditure of £7million,questions have to be asked where this money is being spent?

Maguire01

Surely that will be in the accounts.  ???

It really wouldn't be hard to spend £7m in 2008/09.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2009, 09:34:07 AM

it certainly would not be hard to spend it but imo it's very excessive.

Maguire01

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on February 28, 2009, 09:39:20 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2009, 09:34:07 AM

it certainly would not be hard to spend it but imo it's very excessive.
Excessive in relation to what? Unless we know what the other provinces spent, it's hard to make a call.
The Kerry Board's expenditure for 2008 was £4m!
(http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=86719)

Anyway, at the end of the day, expenditure means nothing on its own. It's surplus of deficit that tells the real picture.

Drumanee 1

but the kerry board are preparing teams,the ulster council dont,yes they provide coaches which will account for alot but way short of £7 million,will be interesting if they declare there wage bill to some officials,it has been reported one official is being paid £100k + expenses

Zulu

Ulster is miles ahead of the other provinces in terms of its promotion and development of the GAA, their website alone is in marked contrast to those of the other provinces. Add in their high performance center, coach development programs, initatives for foreign emigrants etc. and I can well see where they might have spent their money. As long as they have it to spend and we can see the benefits then I'd have no problem if they spent twice that much, in fact I'd love to see the other provinces taking note of what is going on in Ulster.

Maguire01

We don't even know if this figure is operational costs or whether it includes capital projects too. Does it include money spent on county grounds over the past year? Floodlights don't come too cheap.

corn02

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on February 28, 2009, 09:57:26 AM
,it has been reported one official is being paid £100k + expenses

Where has this been reported then?

Maguire01

Quote from: corn02 on March 01, 2009, 01:59:53 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on February 28, 2009, 09:57:26 AM
,it has been reported one official is being paid £100k + expenses

Where has this been reported then?
Down the pub, i'd guess.

Bensars

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2009, 03:42:07 PM
We don't even know if this figure is operational costs or whether it includes capital projects too. Does it include money spent on county grounds over the past year? Floodlights don't come too cheap.

Youre asking questions even before seeing a copy of the accounts ? ? ?

If memory serves me right the Lights at Healy Park were £1m or more. Since then this has been rolled out all over Ulster.  At the minute major work ongoing at Celtic Park and the Athletic grounds. 

Maguire01

Quote from: Bensars on March 01, 2009, 06:29:38 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2009, 03:42:07 PM

Youre asking questions even before seeing a copy of the accounts ? ? ?

If memory serves me right the Lights at Healy Park were £1m or more. Since then this has been rolled out all over Ulster.  At the minute major work ongoing at Celtic Park and the Athletic grounds. 
Roll back up to the start of the thread.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteExcessive in relation to what? Unless we know what the other provinces spent, it's hard to make a call.

Do the Ulster council get money from the British government ?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 02, 2009, 03:39:05 AM
QuoteExcessive in relation to what? Unless we know what the other provinces spent, it's hard to make a call.

Do the Ulster council get money from the British government ?

Lads following on from Mikes Question, Ive been to Enniskillen, Ballybofey, Casement, Clones, Newry, Omagh, Celtic Park, Breffni all fine grounds, I read something about a centre of excellence, ye seem light yrs ahead of Sligo on coaching seminars and overall, there just seems more funding aswell.

How is all this funded? Grounds, coaching... we in Connacht have a centre of excellence planned in Mayo for the whole of Connacht to use (Sligo have one planned too but unless a GAA fanatic like me wins euromillions it wont be built for 20 yrs during the next boom) but where is the centre in Ulster and what kinda facilities etc.. Just always been curious about these things  never asked.

Also maybe the Fermanagh lads could tell me, Ennikillen was closed for ages recently for renovation, when i was there 3 or 4 yrs it looked fine and finished, and it doesnt look much different now..what was done on it?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ziggysego

Ulster Centre of Excellence? You sure you aren't confusing it with the one Tyrone is building in Ballygawley?
Testing Accessibility

corn02