Break in

Started by downredblack, February 27, 2009, 06:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downredblack

Some bastard got into our house the other night and got the keys to the wife's car and away , we slept through the whole thing and only discovered it the following morning , The car is insured and it will turn up one way or the other so that will take care of itself , but it's the thought of some kn**ker in your house when your kids are asleep in their beds that is keeping me from sleeping . My youngest is 2 and doesn't know why the Gardai where in the house when he woke up yesterday morning but my little girl is 7 and she is terrified that "bad men" will come back and she won't go upstairs on her own now .
I know this thing is a common occurrence nowadays and was wondering if anyone has been through this recently and how did the kids get over it ?

The Gs Man

Jaysus, thats nasty lad.  Probably just as well you slept through it all.
Keep 'er lit

longball

that is wile hi. these robberies are becoming more and more common, must be due to the credit crunch. think i read somewhere crime is up 14%! Robbers seem to be getting even chancer with this robbing during the night happening often. you'd love to catch the wh0*es in the act and beat the F out of them. touch breaks downredblack.
Scary times for the children as well. My womans Aunt was attacked during a robbery by couple of foreign men, this happening in front of her 3 kids, must be near two years ago now and one of the kids is still in concilling (sp) over this. He wont sleep, or leave his mothers side if she even goes up stairs he follows her now. He's 8.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

stpauls

the only thing longball, if you managed to get ahold of the tr**p, and beat the crap out of him, he would probably sue you and have you arrested for assault.

longball

Quote from: stpauls on February 27, 2009, 09:34:03 AM
the only thing longball, if you managed to get ahold of the tr**p, and beat the crap out of him, he would probably sue you and have you arrested for assault.

it would be worth it thou in my opinion

bingobus

In Blayney last Saturday night 25 cars where broken into in the early hours, this happened in a number of locations in the town - car parks, streets.

It happened Tuesday again outside peoples houses. Back to the days of stealing electrical stuff - may things taken where ipods, laptops, sat navs, stereo's etc.

Made shite of a friends door trying to force it open, cut themselves bleed over the seats. Not enough though.

Minder

I cant understand this theory that robberies are up due to the "credit crunch", the majority of the scumbags dont work and are professional criminals so it makes no odds to them. Its not as if they have been working and got laid off and are now turning to crime, maybe in a few cases but these tramps are not used to working to obtain goods. If they want it they go get it by whatever means.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

illdecide

I got done 2 years ago but the difference was we hadn't moved in yet, they came in and ripped out the fridge, cooker, dishwasher, oven and hob, wash machine and took other items...

Now we hadn't moved in yet and it still spooked me so I'd say if I'd have been living there with 2 kids myself it would have freaked me out. I said along i wish i could have caught them in the act and done them in but when you think about it them hoors are mad and would put a knife in ya without blinking so maybe it was just as well you slept thru it. It's things like this (more so up north) that you miss the troubles for as the paramilitaries would sort them hoors out...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bingobus

Quote from: Minder on February 27, 2009, 09:48:26 AM
I cant understand this theory that robberies are up due to the "credit crunch", the majority of the scumbags dont work and are professional criminals so it makes no odds to them. Its not as if they have been working and got laid off and are now turning to crime, maybe in a few cases but these tramps are not used to working to obtain goods. If they want it they go get it by whatever means.

It can to do with demand, when things where good, people had money and seen no end to it, so they bought new products as they needed them. Now with the pinch on, people are looking for cheaper ways of getting stuff, particularly electrical gadgets. The scumbags can go back to selling these and getting a few quid for them.

longball

Did u ever see 'Fun with Dick and Jane' Minder? THey turned to robbery due to having no job.

My mate told me a bad prank they done on a fella in Belfast. He came back from night out  and was sitting in the house. One of the fellas took his car keys went out to his car and screwed down the drivers window. They then broke up a clear glass bottle and scattered bits of it outside and inside the car. They messed up his CDs etc open his glove compartment and all just to untidy the place. One of the boys goes to the fella who owns the car, what happened ur window of ur car. He took off running out to the car seen it let a lot of curses out of him and then proceeding to fone autoglass or whatever company to replace the window ASAP. Was a good one but sorta evil 2.

nrico2006

Happened a girl in work here - she and the husband slept through it and only noticed the car missing the next morning.  As said, maybe better that they slept through it as I am sure there was more than one there and if you ran into them you would be in trouble.

Scary thinking that somebody can get into your house that easily and get to you or your kids.  I am disgusted at the way victims are treated in cases where the robber is caught and battered - examples being old Duncan Ferguson when he knocked lumps out of a few robbers on more than one occasion and they tried to take him to court and in a more severe case was that farmer Martin who shot your man dead and the other boyoo tried to sue him for injuries he received.  Also heard once a few years ago that a fella in America was trying to break into a house through the sky light but fell and broke his leg - he sued the house owner.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

My wifes aunt got her car stole on Boxing night, it was about 10pm and they were all upstairs. They took the car keys and two tins of biscuits ! There were laptops, a DS and other electrical equipment sitting and they didnt take any of it. Just some hoods off their heads i would say.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rois

It happened to my sister a few months ago.

She was really freaked out - three children upstairs.  Thankfully she was so messy that her car keys were under a big bundle of ironing.  They took two laptops and her expensive handbags but not too much else, left flatscreen tvs etc. 

Her house now resembles Fort Knox - she got high fences, new burglar alarms, big locked gate.  The kids have forgotten about it now.

The PSNI phoned her this week to say they'd caught the guy that did it.  They traced her through one of the laptops that was registered to her school.  She asked them if she could come down to the perpetrators with a golf club.  The PSNI refused. 

StGallsGAA

Because of enhanced car sercurity now the only ways they can steal a car is either by hijacking or taking the keys from your home.

It happened to me a couple of years ago.  They came around tha back of the house with a flash light and saw they keys on the kitchen table, smashed the window and were away by the time I realised why the arlarm was going off. 

What made it worse was the PSNI fella who told me there were about 5 that night in the area and several most night thoughtout Belfast.  I thought, why the hell couldnt they leaflet drop houses to tell homeoweners of this particular method to improve vigilance? 

orangeman

You honestly don't want to be awake when these boys come into your house - best sleeping through it all - if you confront them or they confront you, there could be trouble.