New York V Mayo

Started by criostlinn, February 24, 2009, 06:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

criostlinn

Is anybody going to this.

Should be a great weekend away.

I see clubmayo are doing a package for €1149. A bit steep methinks.

I booked flights a few weeks ago for €270 and Fitzpatricks Hotel for €135 euro a night. Thats €1100 for 2 of us.

What price are others paying and where are ye staying

m@yoman

Just looked at the club mayo-dublin website there and it's actually a tour operator whose organising that...the club mayo lads appear to be just "drawing peoples attention to it" so to speak! It looks enough alright but I think it includes insurance, transfers to the hotel etc?

should be a good extended weekend..... :D :D

I hear the players won't be going training after it like 2004 (I think) when they went to the Catskills.....too many doing exams etc which is fair enough....

RedandGreenSniper

Yeah players not going to Catskills alright.

I'm thinking about going. Where did you get flights for 270euro Criostlinn? I saw Aer Lingus return flights for around 400 and be easy enough get somewhere half cheap in the vacinity of all the fun. It was a savage weekend in 2004 I hear
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

rosnarun

any one know what general area is the pitch in or a good area to stay
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

3000 miles away

the pitch is in riverdale in the bronx close enough to woodlawn, were all the irish in the bronx live, hotels r mostly in the city thats where all your shopping and night life is, there are a few pubs that do guest house services on woodlawn also.

criostlinn

I got the flights a few weeks ago with united airlines. They have gone up a bit in price since.  Keep an eye on it,  as Ive seen plenty of cheap flights over the last few months. Tour america were doing them for 253 at one stage. Aer Lingus are doing them for about 360 at the moment

Travelzoo.com is a great site for hotels. some savage deals on it. Again you have to keep watching it.

If I see any more cheap flights ill post them up here

heffo

Quote from: rosnarun on February 24, 2009, 11:37:18 PM
any one know what general area is the pitch in or a good area to stay

Gaelic park is up in the Bronx - stay in Manhattan and take a train up to and from pitch

EliteNutrition

Flights Booked!! 360 with Aer Lingus. Staying with friends out in the Bronx. 5 of us going. We might try to arrange a session for the Friday or Saturday night lads.
Elite Nutrition Ireland gary13@vodafone.ie
Whey Better Protein -Creatine Plus- Essential Sport Fuel