Quiz Questions

Started by RedandGreenSniper, February 21, 2009, 10:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

What county in Ireland has shortest coastline? (this one nearly caused a row in McAleer's one quiz night as two counties claim the honour)

under the bar

QuoteWhat county in Ireland has shortest coastline? (this one nearly caused a row in McAleer's one quiz night as two counties claim the honour)

has to be leitrim

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

muppet

Quote from: leenie on February 22, 2009, 06:41:35 PM

four counties in ireland are unique in that they have a letter in the spelling of their name that no other county has...

4 counties
4 different letters

what are the counties? what are the letters?

most give all four answers together!

quickest time wins!

X Wexford
P Tipp
V Cavan
S Westmeath

MWWSI 2017

Hardy

The four counties with a unique letter:

Cavan
Dublin
Wexford
Tipperary

Hardy

Muppet - Sligo - I know you lads don't recognise their existence, but still ...

muppet

And Feckin S in Roscommon.
MWWSI 2017

thewingedlady

Which is the only county in Ireland that is double land-locked?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Caid on February 21, 2009, 11:02:49 PM

The lady got the QI book of facts there.  I would recommend it as a read.

How many commandments are in the bible?

Which QI book was this?? Amazon have two, one is a book of general ignorance and the other advanced banter...

Think I might just get both them, love the show and think they would be a good read

Hardy

Shortest coastline is between Meath and Leitrim. I think it's Leitrim. Mathematically speaking though, it's a tie between Offaly, Kildare, Laois and all those other Bog Of Allen counties, since zero is shorter than Leitrim's no matter how short that is.

thewingedlady

Correcto! Although if you think that Kilkenny's got a wee tiny coast line then there's none.

Our Nail Loney

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on February 22, 2009, 06:53:13 PM
Shortest coastline is between Meath and Leitrim. I think it's Leitrim. Mathematically speaking though, it's a tie between Offaly, Kildare, Laois and all those other Bog Of Allen counties, since zero is shorter than Leitrim's no matter how short that is.

Hardy, that logic doesn't work. The shortest coastline is still a coastline. No coastline does not constitute an option for a question on the shortest coastline.

Consider the question who had the shortest reign as King of Thailand?

Using your logic it would be a tie between me and you. 
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

You're correct Muppet, except, like Beckenbauer not starting from 'A', I wasn't using logic.

Hardy

What letters are not used in the name of any Irish county?