Connacht U-21 Championship 2009

Started by Farrandeelin, February 20, 2009, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sligoper

I think for safety reasons its just aswell Sligonian is stuck in the desert because if Parsons life the cup in Markievicz then there would be holy war. Wouldnt be surprised to see him turn up with C4 strapped to him  ;D ;D

Well im looking forward to the game, the progression of youth is always a good thing and with both teams having senior players im lookinmg forward to the match.

As for a prediction? My heart and head are telling me two different things. They did in July 07 too so we'll see!
Go on the Bunnies!

criostlinn

Dear Sligonian,

I dont know who to turn to. I need your help so bad. Ive noticed you have a similar prediciment to my own.

This is my story. I live on the Mayo-Sligo border. I have moved here recently. I have always been a hardcore Mayo fan so I was happy to find a house on the right side of the border. When I moved to the area I was shocked to find out that I was actually living in the parish of Castleconnor.
It took me a while to get over this but I said hey what about it. I can still go to mass in Ballina, support the Ballina team.
Everything was going fine until the other day i noticed a fine strapping young fella walking down the road with a ball at his feet. He had one hell of a sweet right foot. I could see it there and then. A future Mayo centre forward. It near brought a tear to my eye when I taught to the future and could see a neighbour lifting Sam for Mayo.
I spoke to lads father who was proud as punch of his son. He's another good Mayo man and even said he brought the young fella to see them recently in Ballina.
But then suddenly my whole world fell apart. His father told me the young fella would be starting in Castleconnor school next september and probably to Enniscrone secondry school down the road. I was shocked. I pleaded with him to see sense and pointed out the effect this would have for Mayo football in the future.
He laughed at me as if I were joking. How could he call himself a Mayo man. I asked him how he would feel if his son was one day captaining the Black and white against the Red and Green in a Connaught Final. I was really pleading with him. You know what he does next. He tells me to fcuk off. And walks away laughing. Does he not understand.

The reason I am writing to you is I dont know what to do next. I have tried some of the tactics you have carried out. Every time I see my neighbour and his son I shout abuse at them and call him a traitor. I have even put graffiti on his house gable. This is not working for me as all it has resulted in is me getting a hiding from the lads father and the youg fella running of crying. (A bit soft of the young fella but maybe he was upset at the taught of lining out with Sligo). He even had the cheek to call the Gaurds on me.
The Garda arrived out. At first I was relieved because I knew this garda had once played for Mayo. I explained everything to him and pleaded with him to try and talk sense into these traitors. What do you think he says. He's gonna charge me. I always knew he wasnt really up to it when he played for the county.

I note with interset the next steps you are taking in your campaign. I have already tried the teachers in the schools in Ballina and asked them to come to this mans door, but they wont listen. They say the schools are already full. All the neighbours keep laughing at me and telling me Im insane. Where could I round up a few of these "Coaches or Representitives" you talk about. I will need a few big ones as this fellas father wont go down with out a fight.

I will keep you informed of how my campaign is going and maybe we can compare notes.

Please help me Sligonian. Im at my wits end and I feel you are the only person in this world that understands me.

Your Sincerely

Criostlinn

criostlinn

Quote from: criostlinn on March 27, 2009, 06:11:32 PM
Dear Sligonian,

I dont know who to turn to. I need your help so bad. Ive noticed you have a similar prediciment to my own.

This is my story. I live on the Mayo-Sligo border. I have moved here recently. I have always been a hardcore Mayo fan so I was happy to find a house on the right side of the border. When I moved to the area I was shocked to find out that I was actually living in the parish of Castleconnor.
It took me a while to get over this but I said hey what about it. I can still go to mass in Ballina, support the Ballina team.
Everything was going fine until the other day i noticed a fine strapping young fella walking down the road with a ball at his feet. He had one hell of a sweet right foot. I could see it there and then. A future Mayo centre forward. It near brought a tear to my eye when I taught to the future and could see a neighbour lifting Sam for Mayo.
I spoke to lads father who was proud as punch of his son. He's another good Mayo man and even said he brought the young fella to see them recently in Ballina.
But then suddenly my whole world fell apart. His father told me the young fella would be starting in Castleconnor school next september and probably to Enniscrone secondry school down the road. I was shocked. I pleaded with him to see sense and pointed out the effect this would have for Mayo football in the future.
He laughed at me as if I were joking. How could he call himself a Mayo man. I asked him how he would feel if his son was one day captaining the Black and white against the Red and Green in a Connaught Final. I was really pleading with him. You know what he does next. He tells me to fcuk off. And walks away laughing. Does he not understand.

The reason I am writing to you is I dont know what to do next. I have tried some of the tactics you have carried out. Every time I see my neighbour and his son I shout abuse at them and call him a traitor. I have even put graffiti on his house gable. This is not working for me as all it has resulted in is me getting a hiding from the lads father and the young fella running of crying. (A bit soft of the lad but maybe he was upset at the taught of lining out with Sligo). He even had the cheek to call the Gaurds on me.
The Garda arrived out. At first I was relieved because I knew this garda had once played for Mayo. I explained everything to him and pleaded with him to try and talk sense into these traitors. What do you think he says. He's gonna charge me. I always knew he wasnt really up to it when he played for the county.

I note with interset the next steps you are taking in your campaign. I have already tried the teachers in the schools in Ballina and asked them to come to this mans door, but they wont listen. They say the schools are already full. All the neighbours keep laughing at me and telling me Im insane. Where could I round up a few of these "Coaches or Representitives" you talk about. I will need a few big ones as this fellas father wont go down with out a fight.

I will keep you informed of how my campaign is going and maybe we can compare notes.

Please help me Sligonian. Im at my wits end and I feel you are the only person in this world that understands me.

Your Sincerely

Criostlinn

RedandGreenSniper

Dear Sligonian,

The reason I am writing to you is I dont know what to do next. I have tried some of the tactics you have carried out. Every time I see my neighbour and his son I shout abuse at them and call him a traitor. I have even put graffiti on his house gable. This is not working for me as all it has resulted in is me getting a hiding from the lads father and the youg fella running of crying. (A bit soft of the young fella but maybe he was upset at the taught of lining out with Sligo). He even had the cheek to call the Gaurds on me.

Your Sincerely

Criostlinn

Brilliant! LMAO.  :D :D
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Lar Naparka

Dear Sligonian,

Your Sincerely

Criostlinn

That's is absolutely spot on. Fair play to you, Criostlinn. Here's hoping Sligonian will compare notes with you real soon. You may have given him a few new ideas.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

SLIGONIAN

Probably spot on Sligoper, if the worst does happen, i wouldnt know what id do, but it wouldnt be good. It saddens me and thats just the way it is. The only other thing am i the only man in Sligo that feels as strongly about it, maybe not :-\.

No point replying to lads from mayo anymore although i appreciate the effort of criostlinns last wind up. As ive said ive got it all my off my chest now, and feel the better for it.

Bring on the game.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tubberman

Sligoper:
QuoteI think for safety reasons its just aswell Sligonian is stuck in the desert because if Parsons life the cup in Markievicz then there would be holy war. Wouldnt be surprised to see him turn up with C4 strapped to him

Sligonian:
QuoteProbably spot on Sligoper, if the worst does happen, i wouldnt know what id do, but it wouldnt be good.

:o :o Jesus, someone notify the Emergency Response Unit and get them with army reinforcements down to Sligo for Saturday week. We have a bomb threat.
I'm upgrading you from deluded to psychotic....
Seriously, you need to let this go and find another hobby to occupy yourself - for your own sanity.
Have you considered camel racing?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

So you are a disgrace SLIGONIAN. I'm still waiting for your answer as to which Ballina players. Or is it yet another one of 'someone told me excuses' same kind of bs you come out with. PS criostlinn, that was brilliant!! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stephenite

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 27, 2009, 07:19:07 PM
Probably spot on Sligoper, if the worst does happen, i wouldnt know what id do, but it wouldnt be good. It saddens me and thats just the way it is. The only other thing am i the only man in Sligo that feels as strongly about it, maybe not :-\.

No point replying to lads from mayo anymore although i appreciate the effort of criostlinns last wind up. As ive said ive got it all my off my chest now, and feel the better for it.

Bring on the game.

Answer the question - which Ballina payers?

blast05

To be honest, i think its about time Mayo made a move on Curry, probably Toulestrane after that. Think of the amount of youngsters in those club that are being failed by the GAA through the lack of coaching excellence available to them compared with what they could be getting in Charlestown, Swinford or Moy Davitts. I actually think we should get Croke Park to intervene.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Tubberman on March 27, 2009, 09:25:11 PM
Sligoper:
QuoteI think for safety reasons its just aswell Sligonian is stuck in the desert because if Parsons life the cup in Markievicz then there would be holy war. Wouldnt be surprised to see him turn up with C4 strapped to him

Sligonian:
QuoteProbably spot on Sligoper, if the worst does happen, i wouldnt know what id do, but it wouldnt be good.

:o :o Jesus, someone notify the Emergency Response Unit and get them with army reinforcements down to Sligo for Saturday week. We have a bomb threat.
I'm upgrading you from deluded to psychotic....
Seriously, you need to let this go and find another hobby to occupy yourself - for your own sanity.
Have you considered camel racing?
;D ;D
Bang goes my promise to behave myself and stop tormenting the poor devil!
Don't worry, Sligonian, I'll be on my best behaviour after we win the title. (At least I intend to lay off but you never know...)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

SLIGONIAN

Lets talk about the game ;), why do yee have no interest in the game lads? Enough is enough...

Im off to Coldplay in the Emirates palace ;)  ;D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

the Deel Rover

:D :D :D Brilliant post criostlinn loved the bit with the grafitti on the house gable, you will be giving sligonian ideas  ;) enjoy the concert Sligonian hopefully it will take your mind off Parsons for an hour or two anyway ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stephenite

the Deel Rover

For some strange reason he seems to be avoiding that question Stephenite .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001