Connacht U-21 Championship 2009

Started by Farrandeelin, February 20, 2009, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 26, 2009, 01:11:36 PM
They dont exactly have the greatest of names in Sligo GAA at the minute.

Ye clowns are impossible, indeed muppet your are a muppet, Bellaghy is in Sligo GAA boundary not Mayos. Again ye get sligo players in Ballina and Ctown through the school rule.

Do you need everything explained to you in simple language? Muppet was talking about Ballaghaderreen, not Bellaghy. As has been said several times by several posters there is an issue with Bellaghy and its for the Sligo CB to address. But bringing the good name of the Parsons through the mud like you have been is scurrilous. There's only one clown discussing this issue and it ain't any of us Mayo boys.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 26, 2009, 02:48:35 PM
Which Ballina players??

you beat me to it farrandeelin i was going to ask the same question
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stephenite

Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 26, 2009, 02:50:29 PM
Which Ballina players??

None that I can think of

spectator

Quote from: muppet on March 26, 2009, 12:34:07 PM

Of course to balance your debate you would need to point out that abandoning historical Gaa boundaries would mean the Ulster Championship would look like this:

*Shock horror* - another devious southern plot to weaken the nordies dominance is being hatched ...   ;)   ;D

muppet

Quote from: spectator on March 26, 2009, 11:38:32 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 26, 2009, 12:34:07 PM

Of course to balance your debate you would need to point out that abandoning historical Gaa boundaries would mean the Ulster Championship would look like this:

*Shock horror* - another devious southern plot to weaken the nordies dominance is being hatched ...   ;)   ;D

Now your talking. And it might give more games to weaker counties!!

Tyrone & Derry would split into about 8 teams. That should sort them out.

Armagh would split in two: Narma and Sarma.

Down looks like it would split into about 6 teams: Top Down, Lower Down, Knock Down, Slow Down, Shut Down and Melt Down.

Antrim would become the smithereen county by the looks of it and then my money would be on Fermanagh for the Ulster title.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 26, 2009, 02:50:29 PM
Which Ballina players??

There are nt any.

rosnarun

I assume he trying to claim players from   the historical county divide of the river moy . untill the peoples of ardnaree and the quay escaped the mainly soccer county of sligo
i also assume he is doing this in an Ironic manner albeit a hamfisted one
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rosnarun on March 27, 2009, 01:27:08 AM
I assume he trying to claim players from   the historical county divide of the river moy . untill the peoples of ardnaree and the quay escaped the mainly soccer county of sligo
i also assume he is doing this in an Ironic manner albeit a hamfisted one
I can tell you I am real sorry that I bothered to answer him at all.
Either the sun out in Dubai has addled his brain or else there is a right smart prankster out there somewhere who is having a good laugh at all of us poor eejits.
I am beginning to suspect that this is just a big wind up.
Now Sligonian, whoever he may be, has been going on about the county boundary between Charlestown and Bellaghy for well over a year now.
You'd think a snatch squad from Mayo have crawled under the barbed wire and crept through a minefield to kidnap Tom Parsons and bring him back to Charlestown against his will.
He gave an article on the Sligo GAA site as a source for his rantings and the two tulips that wrote it were even funnier than himself. According to the pair, Bellaghy was in existence 400 years before Charlestown, as if that meant anything.
Anyway, it's a pity to see this thread being hijacked for this sort of nonsense.

For all I know, Sligonian might turn out to be a 14-year  old schoolgirl in Tubbercurry and could be having a laugh at all of us poor fools who've let ourselves be taken in.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

SLIGONIAN

Parsons is Mayo captain,

Throw in 5pm at Markievicz,

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

muppet

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 27, 2009, 12:23:44 PM
Parsons is Mayo captain,

Throw in 5pm at Markievicz,

Who did you say was Mayo captain?
MWWSI 2017

GalwayBayBoy

Parsons is Mayo captain,

How do your boys plan on countering the influence of the Sligo man in midfield?

muppet

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 27, 2009, 12:26:38 PM
Parsons is Mayo captain,

How do your boys plan on countering the influence of the Sligo man in midfield?

With men in Mayo jerseys.
MWWSI 2017

Greenabovethered

It could be the greatest inside job of all time. Tom secretly wears his uncle's sligo jersey underneath the green and red. A minute to go the teams are level and Tom plucks one out of the sky, turns 180 and kicks it over his own bar. Final whistle. Tom rips off the green and red and is carried shoulder high off the field by the Sligo supporters.  2 years later and after all the appeals processes are exhausted, Sligo are awarded the 2009 Connaught U21 championship. For his own safety Tom enters a witness relocation programme in Curry but continues to play his club football for Charlestown under an assumed name.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Greenabovethered on March 27, 2009, 01:03:54 PM
It could be the greatest inside job of all time. Tom secretly wears his uncle's sligo jersey underneath the green and red. A minute to go the teams are level and Tom plucks one out of the sky, turns 180 and kicks it over his own bar. Final whistle. Tom rips off the green and red and is carried shoulder high off the field by the Sligo supporters.  2 years later and after all the appeals processes are exhausted, Sligo are awarded the 2009 Connaught U21 championship. For his own safety Tom enters a witness relocation programme in Curry but continues to play his club football for Charlestown under an assumed name.

Not plausible at all. There's no way the teams could be level with a minute to go :P
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year