Connacht U-21 Championship 2009

Started by Farrandeelin, February 20, 2009, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Mayomen, Sligo lads and Rossies all at each others throats with barely a word about the upcoming U21 final, keep it up lads the entertainment is great!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 25, 2009, 09:59:07 PM
Mayomen, Sligo lads and Rossies all at each others throats with barely a word about the upcoming U21 final, keep it up lads the entertainment is great!

As ever AFA we rise above it all. ;D

SLIGONIAN

Ballagh situation is completely different to Bellaghy, just for the record. We won that ruling in the 60s about the parish as I said before, but Mayo brought in the school rule to cover it. If the School rule didnt exist Mayo would have no right within GAA rules to Bellaghy. Connacht council have backed us on this.

Mayolads i know alot of the players btw, they do respect me because most of them are honest. Its probably the most important word in Sport, actually ive met a few mayoites out here, they are arrogant but sure nothing new, but there sound enough, one lad involved with cough cough ballagh, said to me honesty was the word used most in there dressing room last yr.

As for criticism, thats rich, just look back on any mayo thread about O Mahony or mortimer ffs, yer lucky to have them. Ive never abused a player during a game, i always support, however i do whinge on here and try to be as constructive as possible, LAST YR i said there were an embarrasment, OHARA has since said the exact same. Its called honesty. I didnt vilify them, i didnt go over the top, i was bang on and when a player comes out and says the same it vindicates what i said whether you think its abuse or not. OHARA said the effort  was poor, atitude poor, pretty much the way i saw it. You expect me not to highlight it.

Ludermor, On this self importance pyschobabble, im well aware my fanatism is bordering on lunacy i admit that :D, but self importance doesnt come into it, its sligo GAA i care about probably care more thans healthy but id be wiling to sacrifice everything for Sligo.

Thats it, i have said everything i have to say, move along, lets talk about the game,

We need a performance like the Galway one last yr, Its a tough ask, weve a very good team, with good players throughout. Im presuming Gilmartin will be marking Parsons, should be interesting, Gilmartins good but a little slow but a strong physical presence ,needs to win as much ball here as possible, good fielder aswell, he seriously needs to up a few gears for this game. Henry his midfield partner is a quality footballer a will hopefully supply the forwards with plenty of good ball, The leitrim game was dogged from what i hear so sometimes them games can bring you on, although we were out of it for long periods, cant afford that the next day, Mayo have had 2 crackers, and will be complacent the next day so hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Anyways i got news yday i wont be given leave to get home for it >:(, probably just as well but devasted all the same, if we win itd be priceless. Hope TG4,ie are showing it.

For the historians out there last time Sligo and Mayo met at this level in Markievicz park, the score was Sligo 3-14 Mayo 1-5, what a great day, what a great day ;D.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ludermor

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 26, 2009, 04:37:04 AM
Thats it, i have said everything i have to say, move along, lets talk about the game,

Woohoo! any chance of getting a guarantee?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ludermor on March 26, 2009, 09:02:32 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 26, 2009, 04:37:04 AM

Woohoo! any chance of getting a guarantee?

If yee dont mention it I wont, I promise... :-*

Lar Naparka

QuoteBallagh situation is completely different to Bellaghy, just for the record. We won that ruling in the 60s about the parish as I said before, but Mayo brought in the school rule to cover it. If the School rule didnt exist Mayo would have no right within GAA rules to Bellaghy. Connacht council have backed us on this.

It's not that I'd doubt your word or anything like that; it's just that I know you are spouting sh*te. ;D
Could you humour me and tell me where you got this "information?"

BTW, I'm beginning to wonder if we have a WUM on our hands here. Anyone know Armagh4SamAgain on the main board?
I'm a bit suspicious that he or someone like him is wearing a black and white jersey, if you all know what I mean.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 26, 2009, 11:14:56 AM
QuoteBallagh situation is completely different to Bellaghy, just for the record. We won that ruling in the 60s about the parish as I said before, but Mayo brought in the school rule to cover it. If the School rule didnt exist Mayo would have no right within GAA rules to Bellaghy. Connacht council have backed us on this.

It's not that I'd doubt your word or anything like that; it's just that I know you are spouting sh*te. ;D
Could you humour me and tell me where you got this "information?"

BTW, I'm beginning to wonder if we have a WUM on our hands here. Anyone know Armagh4SamAgain on the main board?
I'm a bit suspicious that he or someone like him is wearing a black and white jersey, if you all know what I mean.

Well that didnt last long, im spouting shite, you say you know, then explain where my inaccuracies are....you dont even give your understanding of it, Are you saying Bellaghy and Ballaghdereen are the exact situation? Becuase if you are youve no credibiility. As far as im aware this is the first generation to play with mayo from bellaghy, every other generation of footballers played with Sligo.

RedandGreenSniper

Your statements are full of phrases like 'as far as I know', 'somebody told me' and 'from what I heard' so its hard to give you any credibility, asserting things to be fact on that basis. That and your obvious lack of class and decency.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 26, 2009, 11:41:47 AM
Your statements are full of phrases like 'as far as I know', 'somebody told me' and 'from what I heard' so its hard to give you any credibility, asserting things to be fact on that basis. That and your obvious lack of class and decency.

I trust my sources, and sure ye dont live there so whatever all the mayolads on here have heard is second hand info aswell, most of it is public knowledge anyway.

I do lack class, no denying that but im still young, but im fairly decent when you get to know me, i give to charity, help people  ;)etc....this particular issue brings out whatever badness is in me though :-\.

muppet

Quote from: spectator on March 25, 2009, 09:38:42 PM
Cheers R&GS ... thanks for the timely reminder ... :D

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 04:35:54 AM
There is obviuosly no respect for the border at bellaghy from a Mayo point of view, yer desire to win sam and make yereelves stronger is fuelling that ye'll shaft anyone or county to get it by poaching players.

Sligonian, I've had many a debate on here with the Mayo lads about the Ballagh situation, where Ballagh Rossies - as opposed to Ballagh Mayoites - are given a Hobson's Choice by Mayo GAA if they wish to play county football. ie, it's Mayo or no-one. Strictly speaking they're operating within GAA rules - notwithstanding the fact that Ballagh is well inside Ros - whether we like it or not. And Mayo GAA enforces those rules, the Cof I parish boundaries in 1884 argument, or whatever else it takes to keep Ballagh Rossie players within their controlling grasp.

Indeed, one or two Mayoites on here have even admitted that the possibility of getting good players of Ross allegiance from Ballagh every now and again is too beneficial to Mayo GAA to even think of considering giving those lads a choice of playing for Ros - the county they were born, reared & are living in. I can understand that type of blunt honesty, as a reason for defending denying Ballagh lads who are Rossies the choice of playing for their own county. Perspective goes out the window when you're as desperate for Sam Maguire to come back to Mayo as they obviously are ... you'll take good players from anywhere you can get them in that situation, I suppose.

I should say in fairness, that one Mayoite, stephenite i think, said that he had sympathy for the disenfranchised Ballagh Rossies and could understand that they might want to play for their home county Ros. And Oirthear Maigh Eo even favoured the recent county title winning Rossie captain from Ballagh playing for Ros, if selected. So there are reasonable Mayoites on here who will at least try and debate these types of situations on their merits with you, if you meet them half way.

I can see where you're coming from regarding what you see as prospective Sligo players being poached by a larger county & the best of good luck to you. But for pitys sake drop your continuous dissing of Tom Parsons - that's just bang out of order dissing a current player.  >:(

Otherwise, keep 'er lit lad. You seem to have the happy knack of getting under the Mayoites skins  ;)

Of course to balance your debate you would need to point out that abandoning historical Gaa boundaries would mean the Ulster Championship would look like this:

MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 26, 2009, 12:22:36 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 26, 2009, 11:41:47 AM

I trust my sources, and sure ye dont live there so whatever all the mayolads on here have heard is second hand info aswell, most of it is public knowledge anyway.

I do lack class, no denying that but im still young, but im fairly decent when you get to know me, i give to charity, help people  ;)etc....this particular issue brings out whatever badness is in me though :-\.

The difference is we aren't using second hand info to cast a slur over the good name of two people, Tom Parsons Snr and Jnr.

Muppet that's class, lmao!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 25, 2009, 10:55:11 PM

Still lost to us though! :)

Anyway, Sligo have home advantage for the game. I hope it will be a good one and that Mayo prevail. Sligonian logic says Sligo will beat us out the gate :o. Then again, that's only him. I'd say we should keep the scoreline respectable.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SLIGONIAN

They dont exactly have the greatest of names in Sligo GAA at the minute.

Ye clowns are impossible, indeed muppet your are a muppet, Bellaghy is in Sligo GAA boundary not Mayos. Again ye get sligo players in Ballina and Ctown through the school rule.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 26, 2009, 12:52:00 PM

Anyway, Sligo have home advantage for the game. I hope it will be a good one and that Mayo prevail. Sligonian logic says Sligo will beat us out the gate :o. Then again, that's only him. I'd say we should keep the scoreline respectable.

Sligonian Logic says, it will be tough but believes Sligo can do it. Anything is possible and our lads are capable of causing an upset.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 26, 2009, 12:52:00 PM

We may lose a few battles but we always win the war. ;D