Connacht U-21 Championship 2009

Started by Farrandeelin, February 20, 2009, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 11:18:39 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2009, 10:58:40 AM
Sligonian - seriously, that's enough. I think everyone is well aware of your position on this now.

Whats your Position on it so? Whats OMS, Sligoper ,Teeling Gaels ,Mano, PaddyPI, Baoithe etc views on it? The Mayo lads seem to think this is a one man crusade but in fairness the Sligo lads on here arent exactly backing me, all i get is shhhhhhhhhh :-X.

You and everyone else is sure of my position. I'll state it again for the record. The lad should be playing for Curry and Sligo but he isn't. The school rule cleverly legalises his participation with Charlestown and Mayo. I don't like that but its legal and not going to change any time soon so no point wasting energy on it. That horse has bolted. Better to concentrate on our underage and build for the future. Personally I don't like the way Mayo tend to do this kind of thing but we have a lot of blame at our own door too.

I might feel that Parsons should play for Sligo but the suggestion of going up to him and calling him a traitor and going on about his father etc - that's gutter carry on. The lad made a choice that he was perfectly entitled to make within the rules of the association. The rules are wrong in my view so campaign to get them changed if you want to continue your "crusade".

Sligonian - I don't want to fall out with you. Your enthusiasm and passion is admirable and that's why I've held back this long but really you need to either focus your energies on a solution or drop it completely.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2009, 11:41:49 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 11:18:39 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2009, 10:58:40 AM
Sligonian - seriously, that's enough. I think everyone is well aware of your position on this now.

Whats your Position on it so? Whats OMS, Sligoper ,Teeling Gaels ,Mano, PaddyPI, Baoithe etc views on it? The Mayo lads seem to think this is a one man crusade but in fairness the Sligo lads on here arent exactly backing me, all i get is shhhhhhhhhh :-X.

You and everyone else is sure of my position. I'll state it again for the record. The lad should be playing for Curry and Sligo but he isn't. The school rule cleverly legalises his participation with Charlestown and Mayo. I don't like that but its legal and not going to change any time soon so no point wasting energy on it. That horse has bolted. Better to concentrate on our underage and build for the future. Personally I don't like the way Mayo tend to do this kind of thing but we have a lot of blame at our own door too.

I might feel that Parsons should play for Sligo but the suggestion of going up to him and calling him a traitor and going on about his father etc - that's gutter carry on. The lad made a choice that he was perfectly entitled to make within the rules of the association. The rules are wrong in my view so campaign to get them changed if you want to continue your "crusade".

Sligonian - I don't want to fall out with you. Your enthusiasm and passion is admirable and that's why I've held back this long but really you need to either focus your energies on a solution or drop it completely.

Its a gutter act by Tom IMO.

I am suggesting solutions, actually the only solution is to communicate with Bellaghy residents and tell them to send there kids to Curry NS and Attractas and if not ask them why. Also couldnt the CB and MB get that ruling reversed and banished as it favours Mayo big time and thats why its there..Can it be banished is another question, who has that power the connacht council?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ludermor

S
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 10:25:20 AM
Ludermor get real, i answered this ages ago, your right, but sure who knows what younsters or whats going on in other clubs, As Sligoman St Molaise Gaels is my Club, do you honestly expect me to know about Charlestowns underage. I only know my own clubs up and coming players and the county underage ones, but wouldnt have a clue whos up and coming in Charlestown. So if i ask GAA people in Charlestown do you know any up and coming players in my club would they know?

There has been no rule break, im on about respect for the border, the school rule is a joke and is designed like charlestown, ballina for kids to qualify without having any allegance to the county and guess what county proposed it.

I think you'll find though EVERY Sligo person if Mayo win by a pt and Parsons is the difference will be deep down raging with the situation in Bellaghy.
I know what your club is but why did you not have this crusade in the past? It only became an issue when a player became involved, if you were as into your GAA as you profess then it should have been an issue all along.
As i said earlier there are ways and means to sort this out, can you not look them up besdie coming on here spouting and insulting players, i think Seanie says it best
''you need to either focus your energies on a solution or drop it completely''

RedandGreenSniper

Sligonian you're going very close to slandering the Parsons'. I'd drop it if I were you. And your tales about what Tom did eight years ago or whatever is firstly purely hearsay (any chance it was a WUM - you'd be easy enough wind-up in fairness) and irrelevant in any case. Maybe there's a point somewhere to what you are saying about Bellaghy in general but that's a matter for Sligo County Board to sort out in the future, and not for you to try and bring a good young lad like Parsons' name through the mud.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 12:03:15 PM
I am suggesting solutions, actually the only solution is to communicate with Bellaghy residents and tell them to send there kids to Curry NS and Attractas and if not ask them why. Also couldnt the CB and MB get that ruling reversed and banished as it favours Mayo big time and thats why its there..Can it be banished is another question, who has that power the connacht council?

Oh Christ you really aren't living in the real world, are you? To request everyone in Bellaghy to send their children to a school in Curry and then Tubber, rather than the nearest ones in Charlestown! Madness. You obviously don't have children. To decide where children are educated purely on the basis of them being able to play with a certain county IF they are good enough, and ignore all other important things in a child's education, well that just shows what we're dealing with here.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 10:55:49 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 25, 2009, 09:34:25 AM
would love to be there when sligonian challenges Parsons about his loyalty to his face

I know lads on here probably think, i say stuff on here, its anonymous, he can hide behind his anonymity coward. But everyone on here from Sligo knows my identity and i dont care because im not afraid to say it peoples faces. I know people who view on here aswell know.

When i meet Parsons all 5ft 5 ;) of me will say what i think of him (i couldnt keep my mouth shut ;)), he'll probably laugh until, I tell him "your Father must be so proud of you etc..."... im sure i'll get the t word out aswell, he will never have the same respect as Declan Browne who was approached but stayed loyal and that is a fact amoung GAA folk outside Mayo.

Sounds like small angry man syndrome to me. If it's such an issue why don't you set up a club in Bellaghy instead of erupting every couple of months???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ludermor on March 25, 2009, 12:50:48 PM
S
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 10:25:20 AM
Ludermor get real, i answered this ages ago, your right, but sure who knows what younsters or whats going on in other clubs, As Sligoman St Molaise Gaels is my Club, do you honestly expect me to know about Charlestowns underage. I only know my own clubs up and coming players and the county underage ones, but wouldnt have a clue whos up and coming in Charlestown. So if i ask GAA people in Charlestown do you know any up and coming players in my club would they know?

There has been no rule break, im on about respect for the border, the school rule is a joke and is designed like charlestown, ballina for kids to qualify without having any allegance to the county and guess what county proposed it.

I think you'll find though EVERY Sligo person if Mayo win by a pt and Parsons is the difference will be deep down raging with the situation in Bellaghy.
I know what your club is but why did you not have this crusade in the past? It only became an issue when a player became involved, if you were as into your GAA as you profess then it should have been an issue all along.
As i said earlier there are ways and means to sort this out, can you not look them up besdie coming on here spouting and insulting players, i think Seanie says it best
''you need to either focus your energies on a solution or drop it completely''

Seanies right, but i have posted solutions if yee look back so its not really accurate saying i didnt. Ludermor had i known this 5or 6 yrs ago I would called to Parsons house myself and pleaded with him to play for Sligo in a developmental squad, then i would of met every resident of Bellaghy and urged them send there kids to Curry and Attractas with teachers at my side. Its not just about Parsons I agree. Also im not an adminstrator, my future is in coaching not politics, CB or adminstrative etc..so no i dont know every rule in the GAA.

I am taking this further behind the scenes already, but there is only so much i can do from a desert in UAE :-\. Therell be no hiding place for Murphys inaction though if this continues to be ignored by people who can make a difference, therell come a time where if Bellaghy and castleconnor keep getting players going across to play with Mayo and it keeps damaging us where more SLIGOFANS will take a stand and get rid of CB as it now. But keep those in the CB who are there for good of Sligo football.

I guess in my fantasy world ;) John Murphy reads this, and for the good of Sligo football gets the finger out. And gets the rule abolished and talks and facilatates Bellaghy into Curry and Sligo. Then I and everyone will know he is there for good of Sligo football so I lay that challenge down to him ;).

GalwayBayBoy

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 25, 2009, 12:59:15 PM
Sligonian you're going very close to slandering the Parsons'. I'd drop it if I were you. And your tales about what Tom did eight years ago or whatever is firstly purely hearsay (any chance it was a WUM - you'd be easy enough wind-up in fairness) and irrelevant in any case. Maybe there's a point somewhere to what you are saying about Bellaghy in general but that's a matter for Sligo County Board to sort out in the future, and not for you to try and bring a good young lad like Parsons' name through the mud.

I know why you think im holding back, if i said what i really feel it would be slanderous so im threading as close as i feel i can.

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 25, 2009, 01:02:23 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 12:03:15 PM

Oh Christ you really aren't living in the real world, are you? To request everyone in Bellaghy to send their children to a school in Curry and then Tubber, rather than the nearest ones in Charlestown! Madness. You obviously don't have children. To decide where children are educated purely on the basis of them being able to play with a certain county IF they are good enough, and ignore all other important things in a child's education, well that just shows what we're dealing with here.

The education standard is im sure as good in Curry, as ye Mayo lads have informed me CONVIENCE is the only issue not education, all im saying is a bus picks them up outside there doors and leaves them to there door for CURRY and ST ATTRACTAS currently, doesnt make sense that now ffs ::). No excuse.

I know for a fact that people loyal to Sligo do that for that very reason, madness i tell you madness.  There obviously afraid of the brainwashing machine that worked on Parsons :D.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 25, 2009, 01:12:13 PM

Funny :D, if you want more laughs read the groveling by the Mayolads on the mayo/kerry nfl thread last week, priceless viewing.

Tubberman

QuoteLudermor had i known this 5or 6 yrs ago I would called to Parsons house myself and pleaded with him to play for Sligo in a developmental squad, then i would of met every resident of Bellaghy and urged them send there kids to Curry and Attractas with teachers at my side.

You'd have been told to mind your own damn business and had the door slammed in your face - and you'd have got what you deserved if that happened.
Who do you think you are telling people where to send their children to school? You're deluded....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Tubberman on March 25, 2009, 01:43:42 PM
QuoteLudermor had i known this 5or 6 yrs ago I would called to Parsons house myself and pleaded with him to play for Sligo in a developmental squad, then i would of met every resident of Bellaghy and urged them send there kids to Curry and Attractas with teachers at my side.

You'd have been told to mind your own damn business and had the door slammed in your face - and you'd have got what you deserved if that happened.
Who do you think you are telling people where to send their children to school? You're deluded....

Unless things have changed since i went to school, but i remember teachers of schools going door to door in my area, telling parents about the school, of course all i cared about was sport so I went to the one that had best sport facilties. I dont think itd do any harm for a Sligo coach or representative of the CB to tag along with the teachers to talk sport aswell and the coaching going on etc....dont think im deluded at all. Actualy i think itd work.

Maradona

totally ridicilous to be carrying on the Parsons issue. Look, its one of those things in life - Belaghy is officially across the border, but for all intents and purposes it is part of Charlestown and Parsons would have had a lot more connection to things Charlestown/Mayo than things Sligo.
And with all due respect, its a no brainer that Parsons would choose to play for Mayo. he would probably be largely unknown / not have progressed near as much if he had chose Sligo - after all he has played in an AI Minor final, AI U21 semis with Mayo. I doubt anyone forced his hand.
If I'm not mistaken Dermot Earley and Pat Lyndesey (Ross 70's) were born in Mayo, Colm O'Rourke born in Leitrim - these things happen, move on

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 01:26:48 PM

The education standard is im sure as good in Curry, as ye Mayo lads have informed me CONVIENCE is the only issue not education, all im saying is a bus picks them up outside there doors and leaves them to there door for CURRY and ST ATTRACTAS currently, doesnt make sense that now ffs ::). No excuse.

I know for a fact that people loyal to Sligo do that for that very reason, madness i tell you madness.  There obviously afraid of the brainwashing machine that worked on Parsons :D.

I'm not saying the education is worse. But you are saying that football should be the only consideration. Catch a grip. It makes sense to send children to the nearest school, unless that school is substandard. To send someone to a school purely on the basis of allowing them to be eligible to play for a county ten years later IF they are good enough is delussional. Do you really think most parents will think that way? Maybe some GAA diehards, that'd be the height of it. Catch a grip

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 01:26:48 PM

I know why you think im holding back, if i said what i really feel it would be slanderous so im threading as close as i feel i can.

Classy. You need help.

ludermor

I wish you the best in your endeavours and i really hope that you get more support in  your crusade than you have managed to get from your own county men on this board, I would imagine that all of them agree parsons should be playing for mayo but would have a view like Seanie, that it is an issue that should be changed in the future rather than insulting a current player.
I seem to remember than you were the man who vilified your players when they lost games last after spending the whole year building them up to be supermen. If all supporters were like you then ye wouldn't get any player to tog out for ye. /