Connacht U-21 Championship 2009

Started by Farrandeelin, February 20, 2009, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

QuoteHaving said that, the Rossies travelled in big numbers, and there was some dead sound people there too who really knew their football and appreciated all the players on both sides. 

They must have been from Galway!

Classic game and wonderful win for Mayo. I'll get abuse for saying this but if Roscommon played football in the first half like they were capable of instead of resorting to their traditional agricultural mullocking game they would be in a Connacht Final.

In any event two exceptional teams, really well prepared and I think either would be the match of any teams left in the competition.

The work that Holmes/Connelly/Collins have done over the past few years has left Mayo football in a very healthy state. The conveyer belt is producing some exceptional talent and we will have the personnel to win Sam between 2011-2013 if the proper structures/management are in place.

Make no mistake though the Mayo/Ros rivalry is on the way back and we'll see more epics in the next few years.

Rossfan

Still gutted after throwing away a game we had won with time almost up.
I'm sure it was a great game for any neutral that was there -- it was mainly a Ros crowd !!!(and €15 a pop charged by the greedy Connacht council bsatards) but that's no consolation for us.
Once again we failed to perform in the 1st half and left a mountain to climb at half time. Of course not picking the right team by our poor management team didnt help either.
No point going back over the game but some of Higgins' points were worth the effin €15 alone .
THe 11 point turn around was heartening and lets hope that when these lads become Seniors and with better management they will ontinue to take the fight to Mayo for many years to come and crown their efforts with victories.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2009, 12:11:39 PM
Still gutted after throwing away a game we had won with time almost up.
I'm sure it was a great game for any neutral that was there -- it was mainly a Ros crowd !!!(and €15 a pop charged by the greedy Connacht council bsatards) but that's no consolation for us.
Once again we failed to perform in the 1st half and left a mountain to climb at half time. Of course not picking the right team by our poor management team didnt help either.
No point going back over the game but some of Higgins' points were worth the effin €15 alone .
THe 11 point turn around was heartening and lets hope that when these lads become Seniors and with better management they will ontinue to take the fight to Mayo for many years to come and crown their efforts with victories.

I agree. Obviously it was the same for us at Carrick and I would say that was a scandalous price to charge - given that the vast majority of the crowd are parents, hardcore supporters and people who run/organise clubs.

Greenabovethered

It was a great game that ebbed and flowed. I knew the Rossies would make a charge in the second half. When the took the lead by two I was out the front gate as I could only see 1 winner. The last gasp equaliser drained the life out of Ross and they never got going in the extra time.  Mayo were guilty of wasting a lot of possession in the second half. If they took their chances they should have kicked on and won easing up.

Weird seeing our goalkeeper having to come up and take 45's, surely there is somebody capable of taking one or at the least a pre-planned routine to come short and pop it off.

I would estimate that the crowd was near 2,000 - 2,500 of which 80% were Ross. It was like an away game for the Mayo Lads. I suppose if Sligonian had his way, he would annex Charlestown to  ensure that the Bellaghy residents would wear the black & white.

Farrandeelin

It's a pity my oul fella had me out shaking bagged fertiliser on Saturday. I managed to get it done before the 2nd half of normal time, it seemed like a mighty match and Ros definitly seemed to have more supporters than us by listening to the radio. Onwards and upwards for us I hope.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SLIGONIAN

Sligo V Mayo in Markievicz Park Saturday April 4th, time and ref to be confirmed.

Tubberman disgraceful comment, im hurt :'(.

Green above red all i want is all the players who live within the Sligo border to play with were theyre from and that to be respected by other counties simple as that but unfortunetly thats not happened in Bellaghy has it. There is obviuosly no respect for the border at bellaghy from a Mayo point of view, yer desire to win sam and make yereelves stronger is fuelling that ye'll shaft anyone or county to get it by poaching players. There is absolutely no confusion over this issue, it is rubber stamped clearcut, Bellaghy is Sligo in terms of the border and GAA. The connacht council have backed us SLIGO on this as far back as the 60s when Mayo tryed to do a ballaghereen on it. The thing that makes me laugh the most it really pisses ye off when i mention it, i guess because ye know its wrong and no one likes to be told what your doing is wrong. But yer lack of knowledge on the situation is starkling. I guess GAR to answer ya i wouldnt annex Charlestown, nor would i poach any of yer players, I just want Mayo and Charlestown to respect the border and leave Sligo players alone. If any of the Mayo posters have a problem with what ive said above well ye can f@#k off in the same language as TB.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ludermor

Sligonian,
you only became aware of this fact last year, you admitted yourself you didn't know where parsons was from but that doesn't stop you going on about a lack of knowledge!
If you have an issue with the bellaghy ( which i think reading between the lines you might have ) then take it to your county board/council. The GAA have their own rules if you feel these have been broken then again there are procedure in place to remedy these, you don't seem to be aware of these ( or in fact it there is indeed a breach of these rules)
The thing that makes me laugh is the your own opinion of your yourself, you might think your pissing people off but it is an amusing way, i don't think i have ever seen a man alienate himself from so many of his own county men never mind county rivals but as long as you are happy in your own head with your crusade that's the most important thing

stephenite

He doesn't know who hes angry at, it's easier to blame Mayo County Board for identifying Parsons as an 8 year old as opposed to Mr. Parsons Snr. He was the one who bought the lad into Charlestown to play football when he was a gasun

the Deel Rover

would love to be there when sligonian challenges Parsons about his loyalty to his face
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ludermor on March 25, 2009, 09:17:22 AM
Sligonian,
you only became aware of this fact last year, you admitted yourself you didn't know where parsons was from but that doesn't stop you going on about a lack of knowledge!
If you have an issue with the bellaghy ( which i think reading between the lines you might have ) then take it to your county board/council. The GAA have their own rules if you feel these have been broken then again there are procedure in place to remedy these, you don't seem to be aware of these ( or in fact it there is indeed a breach of these rules)
The thing that makes me laugh is the your own opinion of your yourself, you might think your pissing people off but it is an amusing way, i don't think i have ever seen a man alienate himself from so many of his own county men never mind county rivals but as long as you are happy in your own head with your crusade that's the most important thing

Ludermor get real, i answered this ages ago, your right, but sure who knows what younsters or whats going on in other clubs, As Sligoman St Molaise Gaels is my Club, do you honestly expect me to know about Charlestowns underage. I only know my own clubs up and coming players and the county underage ones, but wouldnt have a clue whos up and coming in Charlestown. So if i ask GAA people in Charlestown do you know any up and coming players in my club would they know?

There has been no rule break, im on about respect for the border, the school rule is a joke and is designed like charlestown, ballina for kids to qualify without having any allegance to the county and guess what county proposed it.

I think you'll find though EVERY Sligo person if Mayo win by a pt and Parsons is the difference will be deep down raging with the situation in Bellaghy.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: stephenite on March 25, 2009, 09:23:40 AM
He doesn't know who hes angry at, it's easier to blame Mayo County Board for identifying Parsons as an 8 year old as opposed to Mr. Parsons Snr. He was the one who bought the lad into Charlestown to play football when he was a gasun

Right I'll make it clear, I was told that Parsons Father is a stauch Sligo GAA man, brought his son dressed in All Black within the last 8 yrs to games....... honestly i couldnt say what i think of his Father on here letting his son play with Charlestown and Mayo, and say "as long as Toms happy im happy" talk without getting a call from a legal team,  >:(. All i will  say is he is Some Sligo$$$ and hope he is very proud of son if Mayo beat us >:( (trust me im holding back).

The way I see it, his Father is hugely to blame, I would urge all So called sligo people to send there kids to Curry NS and ST Attractas simple as that, there is a bus service no excuse. 

I also blame Tom himself, could of stayed loyal and followed his uncles footsteps and his own county after all, and im sure deep down is Father would prefer.

I blame SLIGO MINOR & COUNTY BOARD aswell, theyve turned a blind eye to this probably because of Club rivalry with Curry. I would question there intentions aswell, if they really care for Sligo why are doing nothing.

Curry need to do more aswell.

I blame Mayo county board for taking players over the border, he is a Sligo lad, no matter what anyone says. Just because he went to school in Mayo doesnt mean he is a Mayo man. The best example of the total opposite.. we have Gavin Gilsenan who will start against Mayo, who is from my Club, who went to school in Bundoran CO DONEGAL, does that make him a Donegal man?, did Donegal try to poach him even though he represented there VOC team. NO.

So i think that covers everyone.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 25, 2009, 09:34:25 AM
would love to be there when sligonian challenges Parsons about his loyalty to his face

I know lads on here probably think, i say stuff on here, its anonymous, he can hide behind his anonymity coward. But everyone on here from Sligo knows my identity and i dont care because im not afraid to say it peoples faces. I know people who view on here aswell know.

When i meet Parsons all 5ft 5 ;) of me will say what i think of him (i couldnt keep my mouth shut ;)), he'll probably laugh until, I tell him "your Father must be so proud of you etc..."... im sure i'll get the t word out aswell, he will never have the same respect as Declan Browne who was approached but stayed loyal and that is a fact amoung GAA folk outside Mayo.

magpie seanie

Sligonian - seriously, that's enough. I think everyone is well aware of your position on this now.

stephenite

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 25, 2009, 10:42:38 AM

I blame Mayo county board for taking players over the border

I'd say he walked over the border himself, or maybe someone dropped him in, but I'd doubt it was anyone from the Mayo County Board behind the wheel :D

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2009, 10:58:40 AM
Sligonian - seriously, that's enough. I think everyone is well aware of your position on this now.

Whats your Position on it so? Whats OMS, Sligoper ,Teeling Gaels ,Mano, PaddyPI, Baoithe etc views on it? The Mayo lads seem to think this is a one man crusade but in fairness the Sligo lads on here arent exactly backing me, all i get is shhhhhhhhhh :-X.