RTE on Sky

Started by pearses, February 16, 2009, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pearses

Does anyone in the North have bother getting RTE on sky?  I got sky in on Saturday and when I go to RTE it says this programme cannot be displayed or something like that.  Im sure I had it in my old house.  Does anyone know if it has to be tuned in or anything?  Missed the tyrone kerry game because I cant see TG4 either.  Any ideas anyone?  :-\

Trevor Hill

Some programmes may be unavailable in the north because another broadcaster may have the rights for that area. The tyrone game was available on TG4.ie

ziggysego

RTE block certain programmes in the North. Soccer and rugby, amongst others. What did you want to watch?
Testing Accessibility

pearses

Thanks Lad, but it seems to be rte1, rte2 and tg4 blocked the whole time.  I rang sky and they said rte isnt available in the North, but im sure we had it at home and I had it i my old house.  The sky woman said someone must have known the frequency and tuned it in for us in the old place but i dont remember that.

Thanks as well Trevor but sky are doing the broadband too and they wont have the phone line in for another couple of weeks.  They are doing the phone, broadband and sky tv for 27 per month and that includes line rental.  BT wanted 125 to install the line then 28 per month for just phone, broadband and line rental.

Maiden1

Rubbish.  Sky do have RTE in the North.  I watch the Tyrone Kerry game on TG4.  I wouldn't have got sky in without them having RTE.  They block the rugby sometimes and the premiership on Saturday but that is it.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 16, 2009, 10:06:10 AM
Rubbish.  Sky do have RTE in the North.  I watch the Tyrone Kerry game on TG4.  I wouldn't have got sky in without them having RTE.  They block the rugby sometimes and the premiership on Saturday but that is it.
Aye what he said. Rte 1 and 2 and tg4 are available in the north but you will get a blue screen when rugby, soccer etc is on sky sports as they'd obviously rather pay them to watch than see it free thru sky!

ziggysego

Are you signed up to any packages?

If you are only getting Freeview channels, then you won't get the RTEs and TG4.
Testing Accessibility

Maiden1

You should really have asked them if rte was included in the package before you signed up.  They will send someone round to your house to suck your d**k if they think it will help convince you to sign up any quicker.  i.e.  they are very flexible in these matters.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: ziggysego on February 16, 2009, 11:35:38 AM
Are you signed up to any packages?

If you are only getting Freeview channels, then you won't get the RTEs and TG4.

The basic package (variety package) definitely has all the RTE channels

Lothos

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on February 16, 2009, 12:37:17 PM

The basic package (variety package) definitely has all the RTE channels

I agree.  The only problem is there's no tv3

ziggysego

Problem? More of a blessing. Anyway, watching ITV if you can't get TV3
Testing Accessibility

Lothos

Quote from: ziggysego on February 16, 2009, 12:42:34 PM
Problem? More of a blessing. Anyway, watching ITV if you can't get TV3

I don't watch soaps so i suppose it's not really a problem, but is there not the odd good movie on it?

pearses

Yeah i have just the basic package, i didnt check to see if rte was included because I just assumed it was because I had it before.  I rang sky again there and got a different woman who has said it is a known issue and gave me a fix, but said the fix may not work but to keep trying it for a couple of weeks to see does it eventually work! Crazy, but she did confirm that you should receive the rte channels up here. 

Thanks for the replies.

Main Street

What would you pay monthly in the North for the minimum package which includes the bonus mix - RTE  TG4.

pearses

Not sure what you mean by bonus mix, but the min package seems to be £16 per month.  The sky + box is £99 but if you say a friend referred you then you can get it free and the friend gets £50 m&s voucher.  RTE and TG4 are part of the variety pack along with sky 1, paramount comedy, bravo etc.