omagh pubs

Started by puc me, February 13, 2009, 11:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcard

Quote from: ziggysego on February 14, 2009, 12:15:42 AM
Quote from: Take Your Points on February 14, 2009, 12:14:22 AM
Is it not still the el paso?

Don't think so TYP. I'll check when I meet up with puc me on Sunday ;)

mcgurks the terrace salys or the INF your best bet

or

http://kenny.kenneth.googlepages.com/omaghpubs

puc me

Quote from: gerry on February 14, 2009, 12:13:10 AM
We save you a pint of bass

thanks but i prefer mc ewans or carling
all ireland champions and lovin' it

redcard

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on February 14, 2009, 12:18:53 AM
Don't think so TYP. I'll check when I meet up with puc me on Sunday

Might be better craic in McAleers on Sunday Ziggy ::)

might not be a bad bet. believe it or not they actually have both the soccer and the gaelic on whever they clash

ziggysego

Try the Terraces on John Street. A good GAA pub, with plenty of craic.

I wouldn't bother with Sally's, too many eejits running about it.
Testing Accessibility

puc me

any kerrymen coming up for a bit of banter ;D

020304 Tir Eoghain

Might be better craic in McAleers on Sunday Ziggy ::)
[/quote]

might not be a bad bet. believe it or not they actually have both the soccer and the gaelic on whever they clash
[/quote]

The matches or the punters? ;D
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

carnaross

I know I've been away from Omagh for a very long time, but wasn't "El Paso" a big army pub back in the day?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Bensars

If your going to the match head to strains beside the bus depot its closer to the pitch.

Barring that i would rule  out sallys in regards of atmosphere ( no way near the same since it has been done up). Close to sallys you have the terrace which would be ok, but most of the celtic supporters will go to Mc Gurks or The weigh inn

Stay away from el paso if you want to get the game

puc me

tyssam5

Quote from: gerry on February 14, 2009, 12:13:10 AM
We save you a pint of bass

Come on now gents. Behave yourselves!

Roger

It would be unusual (understatement) to go into Scott & Ewing in a GAA shirt.  Did anyone do this? I went to a pub quiz in there a few times when I worked in Omagh and Rangers shirts seemed to be the dress code. 

Back in the day I also drank in McElroys, the Coach, the Monument and the Royal Arms on occasion.  Workforce didn't know what foot I kicked with which as a "blow-in" was probably the best way to keep it.

clarshack

what happened to molly sweeneys?

Puckoon

Quote from: Roger on February 16, 2009, 04:25:56 PM
It would be unusual (understatement) to go into Scott & Ewing in a GAA shirt.  Did anyone do this? I went to a pub quiz in there a few times when I worked in Omagh and Rangers shirts seemed to be the dress code. 

Back in the day I also drank in McElroys, the Coach, the Monument and the Royal Arms on occasion.  Workforce didn't know what foot I kicked with which as a "blow-in" was probably the best way to keep it.

Workforces in most places (Im assuming you mean the pubs) didnt really care which foot most people kicked with - with the exception of the folks down at Scott and Ewing. I worked in McElroys for almost 7 years all in, including a couple stints in Bar Ten. We werent allowed serve the soldiers - and being as I was the only bartender on most saturday afternoons that was my pleasure to have to tell them. They were all very decent about it - better than the local travelling crowd who fired a stool at us on the way out the door.

fred the red

Is molly sweeneys closed?

Puckoon

Believe it or not Fionn - that was a personal issue between O'Hailpins company that evening and her former boyfriend who was on the door.

It was a disgrace none the less.

The same arsehole turned away a chef from McElroys at Bar Ten on christmas night, as he was well built and had an english accent. He got the p45 soon after.