Whats the worst sporting injury you've had

Started by illdecide, February 13, 2009, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Hoopeddefender on April 21, 2009, 03:16:19 PM
Yep Daisy Hill would indicate that maybe An Lu.
If it is Down fiver it was a Killcoo man who did it, Armagh I would saw Kileavy?

Why would you say that?

isourboydownyet

have had alot of the run of the mill injury's including broken nose X 5,cracked cheek bone,tore ankle ligaments which put me out for 5 months but the worst of all was ostitis pubis which basically got worse over a period of 4 years and eventually was the main reason i retired,the main problem with this injury was that at that time nobody could diagnose what the problem was until a physio called lewis o'connor (current tyrone physio) was able to tell me what the problem was,the only cure at that time was a operation which was only available in Australia as this was a very common injury in aussie rules,i know john mcintee when there for that operation but at 32 i thought it would not be worth it so lewis put me through a rehab which kept me going for another 2 years before it eventually it got the better of me.

Jell 0 Biafra

Sprained thumb from overuse of the remote watching sport on telly.

mountainboii

Quote from: full back on April 21, 2009, 03:12:50 PM
Im assuming the injury took place in the Armagh or Down leagues

I'm pretty sure rionach is from Armagh. Wonder what clubs were involved  ???

blanketattack

I was at a football match and I was flicking my way through the programme when a friend of mine saw an article he liked and turned back the page. <Any children or those of a nervous disposition please do not read any further> In doing so he gave me a paper cut in between my middle finger and my index finger. There wasn't much blood but it did sting and I think it's fair to say it's the worst injury mentioned on this thread so far. I bravely (some might say stupidly) decided not to get an ambulance and just carried on with the night's revelries after the match. I guess you never know how well you can cope with such a trauma until it happens to you. It healed after a few days but it took a lot longer for the scars in our friendship to heal. I still get shivers down my spine whenever I see someone recklessly flicking through a programme.

SidelineKick

Not much but a bit of ringsting before a match can be disastrous.  You never know when its going to come, a terrible injury to have.

Really - a dislocated pinkie.  Touch wood.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

rionach 4

Yes AFS your right I am from Armagh and I know how you worked that one out. i didnt mention the club involved simply because I dont want to open old wounds (not literally of course). There are many members who use this forum  from the club concerned. This happened a good while ago and is a very dark period in my history of GAA involvement. It was mentioned to take the person to court but at that time it was not the done thing and while casting no dispersions on the person or club it could have made things even worse.  To this day I could never get my head around why he did it. I was never a dirty player and was a first year at college..  I have never spoken or written about this before as it brings back a very painful time in my family . I spent many weeks in hospital and I remember receiving a cheque from the couty board for loss of earnings even though I was student, thanks to a very sympathetic secretary. The club concerned didnt enquire or even ask about my health or cared whether I lived or died except admit an incident took place and they didnt know who was involved and if the did they werent prepared to say. Thanks folks for the kind words but i hope that no other young man ever has to go through what I went simply playing the game I love so much. 

full back

Hound

Fook me. That basterd should have been sent down.

Longfordian

going up for a ball , aged 17 , ball lands directly one the top of my first finger .... jutting the bottom bone of my finger out through the skin ...finger was in a z shape ..... very strange to see ....wasnt overally sore though

have a weak right ankle all my playing life ....done ligaments sereval times ....

Cousin og mine playing with Breaffy in Mayo ... had his jaw / cheekbone broken and eye socket damaged from an elbow in a leauge match a number of years back , surgeon told him it was like something he see's in car accidents .... tr**p should have got jail !

JellyLegs15

Broken Collar Bone
Broken Nose
Broken Hand/Fingers
Groin and Hamstring Pulls

Collar Bone the worst

Carmen Stateside

How do you know lads if you have Hernia? thought it may be a groin injury but feel a lump in that area at top of leg! :(

Carmen Stateside

David McKeown

Since this thread started ive twisted my knee, bruised my arse and broken my thumb playing sports.  This thread is a curse for me
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner