Whats the worst sporting injury you've had

Started by illdecide, February 13, 2009, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

longball

One of our senior players was reported to have swine flu lsat nite hopefully doesnt spread through the squad!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

illdecide

Quote from: idontbelieveit on July 25, 2009, 01:34:09 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 25, 2009, 01:26:38 PM
How did you do your cruciate ? Was there contact ? Wearing blades or what at the time ? During a game or just training ?

I did it in a game when i went up for a ball and fell awkwardly.  There wasn't much contact at all. Depends on your jumping and landing technique. I did the whole craic too, anterior, cartilage etc. Pain is unbearable. No i was wearing moldies at the time, it  must be the worst injury there is in all competitive sports!

Jasus i wouldn't like to get it (cruciate) but i tore my Achilles tendon 10 years ago, i was in plaster for 4 1/2 months and out for 18 months. Ten years later i still get pain in it and sometimes have to wear a night splint in bed so when i get up in the morning the Achilles is not stiff and sore. To me the Achilles is up there with the worst but it just depends on the severity of your injury and how your body heals from the operation too...can you imagine some surgeon operating on you and your his last op that day and he's already done about 10 ops and he's thinking "F**k i need to get home and nail the wife and chill out with a bottle of Veno" i could imagine a rush rush job there and a "that'll do him rightly" approach. I'd imagine your healing process would be slightly longer than expected...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Buckass

Had acl done with replacement coming from patellar tendon rather than hamstring. Good job (touch wood).

irunthev

Mine was a head injury..... a complete loss of confidence! Happened while playing in Chicago in 1999 and I just dreaded going on to the football field. Never would have been the most confident of players in the first place, but to lose the bit I had was devastating. Came back slowly once I got back to my own club. Sounds silly, but totally debilitating.

ziggysego

I don't play sports, but I once pulled a hamstring in Lourdes.
Testing Accessibility

Eastern_Pride

Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bcarrier

When playing both ankle ligaments, both hamstrings. Seem to be the common ones.

Havent kicked a ball for years but do abit of running ...achilles is starting to bother me without going completely.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Oak Leafer

Ruptured my patellar tendon (knee). Totally blew apart. This left the knee cap dislocated. Also fractured top of Tibia(lower leg bone). Had 2 ops to resconstruct the knee involving screws and wire. Without doubt beyond the worst pain you can imagine! Ronaldo(the brazilian) done both his.

Family guy

5 months ago i did the 3 ligaments in my knee,the acl was totally gone and the lcl and mcl done as well,hada wait 3 months to get the operation cause my knee locked wen it went and hada go 2 physio flat out 2 get the movement back b4 they would operate.Got the surgery done in da states,its called a cadaver operation,not sure if they do it in ireland but its were u get a desceased mans acl,a doner like rather than takin it from your hamstring cause it saves hamstring bother.8 weeks from da surgery and have a long way to go to get back,was told it wud b 9 months b4 im back